• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Injury?

HopefulHawksFan

• Premium Member

Wow! This explains the inconsistency. Coach Bud didn't play Dennis because he wanted to see "the future", he played him cause Teague couldn't play a lot of minutes. This news is a game changer. Knowing this what do the Hawks do with Teague? Honestly, I don't think Dennis is ready. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

When he says "they won't tell ya'll", who is he referring to? I assume he's talking about the Hawks.  If so, it doesn't speak too well to the relationship between him and the Hawks right now.  Not that I agree with this approach, but the Hawks probably didn't want this out there because they're trying to trade him.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

Wow! This explains the inconsistency. Coach Bud didn't play Dennis because he wanted to see "the future", he played him cause Teague couldn't play a lot of minutes. This news is a game changer. Knowing this what do the Hawks do with Teague? Honestly, I don't think Dennis is ready. 

Whether he was injured or not is really insignificant to me. I don't think he could have led us by the Cavs even if he was healthy. He has reached his peak in my opinion and it's time to move on. I just wish he would keep his damn mouth shut for a couple of weeks though because as @jody23 pointed out, this could be bad for his trade value...or actually now that I think about it, could be good because teams will think that he is completely healthy now and maybe at his all star level of 2014.

ps Knicks and Nets have nothing to give for a long long time lol

I'll wait until  I hear more before commenting because:

A full patella tendon tear requires surgery (more or less immediately) and he should not have been playing at all, with 6-12 months rehab and recovery.

A partial patella tendon tear requires immobilization for 3-6 weeks  and physical therapy - he should not have been playing.

In his end of season interview he said: 

Jeff Teague is planning to use the offseason in order to get his knees and ankles healthy.  It's not clear exactly what Teague is dealing with, but the point guard said that it was more than just normal wear and tear and does not expect to require surgery. 

awks

1 minute ago, MaceCase said:

He did mention in one of his exit interviews that he just wanted to get healthy over the offseason which made me raise an eyebrow.

80% of players say that though. After an 82 game season and the playoffs, most players are banged up and need to get healthy in one way or another.

9 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

When he says "they won't tell ya'll", who is he referring to? I assume he's talking about the Hawks.  If so, it doesn't speak too well to the relationship between him and the Hawks right now.  Not that I agree with this approach, but the Hawks probably didn't want this out there because they're trying to trade him.

I wouldn't go that far.  It's funny all season the coaches kinda roll their eyes when asked about Jeff's injuries (mainly the ankle stuff).

I vaguely recall Atkinson saying late in the season, when asked about Jeff heading into the lockerroom early to get his ankles amputated, smiling and saying STTE: "You know Jeff will be back.  That's just Jeff being Jeff."  Is their relationship bad?  I doubt that but I do think they seem to not take his being "hurt" as serious as he does.  Also, this doesn't seem to be something they'd be miffed about just because of the potential trade.  They've been miffed about it all along.  "Miffed" is probably strong.

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2Nique said:

80% of players say that though. After an 82 game season and the playoffs, most players are banged up and need to get healthy in one way or another.

True, but he simply blew off all the Hawks related questions which though which was a little surprising.  If this is true, I wonder when the team found out about the torn patella?

• Moderators

Sounds like he's trying not to get traded and at the same time he seems frustrated with the Hawks.   "They won't tell y'all" is a weird thing to say right now.     Coming out with some injury tweets right when his trade rumors are heating up is strange.

• Like 1

I'd say the whole "they won't tell you" part wasn't written by Jeff but by someone posting a screenshot of Jeffs post.

This instagram account isn't verified (missing white check in blue star/sun) they quoted twitter account is verified.

So discussion should be over now....

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I wouldn't go that far.  It's funny all season the coaches kinda roll their eyes when asked about Jeff's injuries (mainly the ankle stuff).

I vaguely recall Atkinson saying late in the season, when asked about Jeff heading into the lockerroom early to get his ankles amputated, smiling and saying STTE: "You know Jeff will be back.  That's just Jeff being Jeff."  Is their relationship bad?  I doubt that but I do think they seem to not take his being "hurt" as serious as he does.  Also, this doesn't seem to be something they'd be miffed about just because of the potential trade.  They've been miffed about it all along.  "Miffed" is probably strong.

I mean, it sounds like Teague isn't that thrilled IF they knew he played with a significant injury and won't say anything about it.  Let's be honest, the Hawks usually are quick to point out any player injuries as a contributing factor when they get eliiminated from the playoffs.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rd79 said:

I'd say the whole "they won't tell you" part wasn't written by Jeff but by someone posting a screenshot of Jeffs post.

This instagram account isn't verified (missing white check in blue star/sun) they quoted twitter account is verified.

So discussion should be over now....

This is the same Instagram account that he's been posting from and it's being followed by all of his teammates, so I feel pretty certain this is Jeff Teague's real Instagram.

13 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

True, but he simply blew off all the Hawks related questions which though which was a little surprising.  If this is true, I wonder when the team found out about the torn patella?

Prolly sometime during the playoffs...maybe at the end of the Celtics series.

1 minute ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

This is the same Instagram account that he's been posting from and it's being followed by all of his teammates, so I feel pretty certain this is Jeff Teague's real Instagram.

Yeah seems to be... So Jeff is an idiot...

• Like 1

That chump dont wanna leave magic city and the blue flame behind. I just lost all respect for Teague because he is purposely trying to ruin his own trade value so that he can stay in Atlanta. I know he has to pass a physical and any potential team would find out anyway,  but this wasnt necessary to get out like that.    Isiah Thompson slapped the wrong point guard on the Hawks.

Edited by Hawkmoor