• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Injury?

HopefulHawksFan

Overreactions from Hawks fans. What a shocker smh

Maybe its just me but I fail to see how a guy who probably didn't have much value hurt his value by saying he was hurt. He clearly looked hurt to me. I didn't see the usual explosion or burst .  Plus Reggie Miller said during the playoffs that Jeff had a sore achilles and some other issues but he wasn't using it as an excuse.

If a guy  still had a decent season with injuries, why wouldn't he be more enticing to teams knowing he might return to form  once healthy?

Dallas threw a bunch of money at Wes Mathews after his injury but Jeff hurt his value by saying he was hurt? lmao what

• Like 4

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Maybe its just me but I fail to see how a guy who probably didn't have much value hurt his value by saying he was hurt. He clearly looked hurt to me. I didn't see the usual explosion or burst .  Plus Reggie Miller said during the playoffs that Jeff had a sore achilles and some other issues but he wasn't using it as an excuse.

If a guy  still had a decent season with injuries, why wouldn't he be more enticing to teams knowing he might return to form  once healthy?

Dallas threw a bunch of money at Wes Mathews after his injury but Jeff hurt his value by saying he was hurt? lmao what

It seems weird timing.   He says he's been hurt most of the season with some serious injuries, can't dunk, can't stop but we don't hear a word of it until a few days after trade rumors come out?   I don't know that he is trying or actually is hurting his value but i'm just not sure the point of tweeting that out right now.   And if it's totally innocent then why delete them?

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

He hears his name connected to be traded to the worst team in the league and suddenly he's opening up about secret injuries? C'mon now...

• Like 3

I just don't think its that serious. If a team values you and wants you, then this wont stop them from making a move for you. He is not coming off a season ending injury. I'm sure he doesn't want to play for Philly but he has no choice if they trade for him. I don't even think the rumors hold much weight. I just don't get it from Phillies perspective. They wanted  Dennis last year  not Jeff. Why would they want a guy with one year left on his deal rather than a young guy to grow with their other young guys. I think this is much about nothing. 

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He hears his name connected to be traded to the worst team in the league and suddenly he's opening up about secret injuries? C'mon now...

Exactly. His name been associated with trades, and he never said anything. Teague is not trying to leave Atlanta. Personally, i dont blame him.  Nothing up in Chilly Philly but cold air. He shouldve kept it to himself though.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Dallas was bidding against themselves for Matthews. They struck out on DeAndre and needed to spend money. Matthews didn't want to go to SAC. SG is  a weaker position than PG. So many good PGs in the NBA.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

I just don't think its that serious. If a team values you and wants you, then this wont stop them from making a move for you. He is not coming off a season ending injury. I'm sure he doesn't want to play for Philly but he has no choice if they trade for him. I don't even think the rumors hold much weight. I just don't get it from Phillies perspective. They wanted  Dennis last year  not Jeff. Why would they want a guy with one year left on his deal rather than a young guy to grow with their other young guys. I think this is much about nothing. 

Yeah Dennis would make so much more sense. Now if a team like MIL called about Teague that would make more sense. They need a PG bad and won't have a pick high enough to get Murray/Dunn.

Usually trades Hawks are about to do don't get leaked out anyways.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Exactly. His name been associated with trades, and he never said anything. Teague is not trying to leave Atlanta. Personally, i dont blame him.  Nothing up in Chilly Philly but cold air. He shouldve kept it to himself though.

Yeah, it'd be weird to see him after years of deferring to older guys (Joe, Josh, Al/Millsap) to now taking orders from  a 19 year old rookie.

52 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

It hurts the Hawks by further limiting what they can get/ask in a trade even more so now.

If he wanted to speak on it - speak on it.  But don't be a wimp a few minutes later and delete the tweet.  Jekyll and Hyde on the court, the same on social media.

4 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

The Hawks were already limited to what they could get or ask for him due to his contract and the number of teams that already have pg's . Some Hawks fans for whatever reason  really Overestimate his true value

@Sarcatic1  Regardless of what his value or perceived value is, what teams will now look to offer will be even further reduced. That's  the issue.

Let's use the Philly rumor: Teague for Noel/Covington/Staukus. Teague takes a physical, Philly still wants him but they say, because of the injury it's only Noel and Staukus.

But with the injury out there, Philly will now offer only Noel for Teague and nothing more from the jump.

It's the starting negotiation point that's now the issue. It's the loss of  bargaining power for the Hawks.

How can you not get that.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Sarcatic1  Regardless of what his value or perceived value is, what teams will now look to offer will be even further reduced. That's  the issue.

Let's use the Philly rumor: Teague for Noel/Covington/Staukus. Teague takes a physical, Philly still wants him but they say, because of the injury it's only Noel and Staukus.

But with the injury out there, Philly will now offer only Noel for Teague and nothing more from the jump.

It's the starting negotiation point that's now the issue. It's the loss of  bargaining power for the Hawks.

How can you not get that.

Easy tiger...lol

A guy saying he will only play for certain teams hurts his value

A guy saying he wont sign an Extension  if traded to a particular team hurts his value

A guy saying he was hurt but will bounce back once he recovers does not hurt his value.  If anything a team will look and see how well he performed despite not being 100%  and think they will get a guy out to prove something

But ehhh i get it. Its the summer and things are slow.  I'll wait for something to actually happen

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Whether he was injured or not is really insignificant to me. I don't think he could have led us by the Cavs even if he was healthy. He has reached his peak in my opinion and it's time to move on. I just wish he would keep his damn mouth shut for a couple of weeks though because as @jody23 pointed out, this could be bad for his trade value...or actually now that I think about it, could be good because teams will think that he is completely healthy now and maybe at his all star level of 2014.

ps Knicks and Nets have nothing to give for a long long time lol

That's interesting.  You think he reached his peak... even though he lacked the mobility he had before.  Now Just imagine... With his mobility issue, he went out and raised his 3 point shooting percentage.. He hit 41 more 3 pters than he did last year.   Imagine all that.. plus he gets his mobility back...  And you think he's reached his potential...  Just be honest...

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

That chump dont wanna leave magic city and the blue flame behind. I just lost all respect for Teague because he is purposely trying to ruin his own trade value so that he can stay in Atlanta. I know he has to pass a physical and any potential team would find out anyway,  but this wasnt necessary to get out like that.    Isiah Thompson slapped the wrong point guard on the Hawks.

Uhm???  This doesn't ruin his trade value??  If anything, it makes it better.