• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Maxing Horford is not gonna win a championship.

Hawkmoor

Count me in the camp that believes losing Horford won't make a large impact in team performance. We still make the playoffs without him and if we don't we are in the position to add talent in the lottery. 

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm taking the little one to see 'Finding Dory'

I saw that a few days ago with my girlfriend it was good. An hour into the movie though my gf looked over at me and said.."Are you crying?" I replied.."No, no, I just have something in both eyes."-#superbad

In all honesty I was crying, but I don't care, that kinda crap always gets to me. 

Good movie though!

This weekend I plan on seeing central intelligence. 

13 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I saw that a few days ago with my girlfriend it was good. An hour into the movie though my gf looked over at me and said.."Are you crying?" I replied.."No, no, I just have something in both eyes."-#superbad

In all honesty I was crying, but I don't care, that kinda crap always gets to me. 

Good movie though!

I'll admit, the first few minutes of the movie got to me a little bit...

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

I really have no plans, so...probably go hit a new brewpub in the area.

Cool, cool.  You and @benhillboy should link up and hit a shoe-modeling establishment.

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I heard good things about it, but I'm not a huge fan of the original .  Other Pixar movies are better.

Well, that's 'cause you're a cold, heartless b*stard, Hots.  Nah, I'm kidding.  It was aiight.

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Cooling out.  Ain't gotta work again till Tuesday. Might hit a steakhouse and clean out my closet and post some sh$t on eBay.  I need a Best Buy credit card too.  Hopefully Viceland has some new programming that ain't that skateboard nonsense.  Hoping I don't have to wait to get a haircut like Deontay Davis did to get drafted.

See @Duff_Man advice above.  Bring a lotta singles, get a lapdance in my honor.

29 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Good movie though!

Man up you wimp.  Nah, I tear up at a lot of those Disney moovies.  Frozen got me good at the end.  I was like, "Noooo!"

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Good movie though!

4 hours ago, Dejay said:

I'll admit, the first few minutes of the movie got to me a little bit...

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Cool, cool.  You and @benhillboy should link up and hit a shoe-modeling establishment.

Well, that's 'cause you're a cold, heartless b*stard, Hots.  Nah, I'm kidding.  It was aiight.

See @Duff_Man advice above.  Bring a lotta singles, get a lapdance in my honor.

Man up you wimp.  Nah, I tear up at a lot of those Disney moovies.  Frozen got me good at the end.  I was like, "Noooo!"

Awwwwww....a bunch of softies:laugh1:

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Awwwwww....a bunch of softies:laugh1:

If you can keep a dry eye when Anna slides in to save ... eggscuse me i got something in my eye.:cry:  allergies ...

11 minutes ago, RWF said:

Yeah, we still make the playoffs without him.

The truest form of mediocrity. 14th pick, just missed the playoffs, 15th pick, made the playoffs but swept in the 1st round.

Just now, Buzzard said:

The truest form of mediocrity. 14th pick, just missed the playoffs, 15th pick, made the playoffs but swept in the 1st round.

Well, if all the ownership wants is to make the playoffs, save some money.

Me, I want to start completely over.

Others, they want to keep the same team who can't win 1 playoff game against Lebron.

Ownership, wants to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

Just now, RWF said:

Others, they want to keep the same team who can't win 1 playoff game against Lebron.

I want to compete, keep looking for trades, and use our FA money. I know this sounds boring and for some being a sucky team with a lottery pick is much more exciting one night a year. But watching  our team win is what I like. 

I get the Hawks NBA Package every season and like seeing them beat teams 50 or more nights a year much more than I would just enjoying one exciting draft night a year.

We just traded our starting PG and had two 1st round picks in this years draft. That is good stuff to me and proves this ownership and mangement group is not afraid to take risk in an attempt to improve. Its time to see how the rest of the season shakes out while I continue to enjoy watching my Hawks from Cincinnati, Ohio!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RWF said:

They are the A$G all over again. No interest in actually winning a title just making token playoff appearances to try and keep the "value" of the franchise up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Not Maxing Horford...........

will not a championship either.......

You guys think Horford will not win a championship ...imagine the scrubs we would have to sign if we let him walk.  

He is a better asset than any free agent that would come here.  Alternative to Horford is two players on Bazemore's level.  

We have done a lot better than all of the other teams that lose to Lebron in the east.  Not signing Horford would be a mistake.

38 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

You guys think Horford will not win a championship ...imagine the scrubs we would have to sign if we let him walk.  

He is a better asset than any free agent that would come here.  Alternative to Horford is two players on Bazemore's level.  

We have done a lot better than all of the other teams that lose to Lebron in the east.  Not signing Horford would be a mistake.

I agree, you have to sign your all-stars; whether you keep them or trade them later.  You set yourself back 5 years if you start letting guys like Horford and Millsap walk. I am in no mood to watch 4 or 5 years worth of 20 to 35 win seasons only to get back in the playoffs and start losing in the 1st round all over again.

Edited by Buzzard

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

We didn't do better than Toronto . Just saying ... 

What would the mistake be? Not resigning Horf and getting pummelled by Lebron? As opposed to resigning (er... overpaying) him and getting pummelled by Lebron. 

Decisions.  We lose either way really. 

Edited by Mdizzle5

Homer fans are so unrealistic.  If we let Horford walk everyone would call our ownership cheap.  

With the new CBA, Horford at the max is the going rate.  You can always trade him, but if you let him walk you will overpay for lesser talent.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Homer fans are so unrealistic.  If we let Horford walk everyone would call our ownership cheap.  

With the new CBA, Horford at the max is the going rate.  You can always trade him, but if you let him walk you will overpay for lesser talent.  

Signing him and trading before the deadline would be the only reason I think he should be resigned. If we can get a unprotected pick from a team that's not going to make the playoffs, it'd be worth it.

• Premium Member

Let's say Lebron is due for an injury.  It happens in the life of every athlete and his steroids can keep him healthy forever.  Do we have a team that can compete for the East Crown?  Did we have a team that could have competed for the East Crown?  Yall are totally right, Lebron is a stop gap in the East.    He's the world's biggest doorstop and the League is never going to test him for steroids but if he were injured, do we have a team that can beat a Lebronless Cavs and Toronto and Miami and Indy?

We have to stop just thinking about beating one man... My theory is always make the best team that you can and retool.   If you have a the best team possible, FAs will see you winning and will at least consider joining you.  That's how winning is done. 

• Like 1