• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the street #4: Durant

7 minutes ago, hawkman said:

But Curry got it from the 'old heads' too. That was VERY unusual, especially considering that he was playing the sport like a video game at the time.  He literally couldn't be stopped.

The Big O has a real difficult time saying anything positive about Curry. Oscar believes point guards should average close to ten rebounds a game even though when he played there was no three point line. Today's game requires that three point skill for a guard to excel. Two very different eras.

I'm sorry but I hate Curry and Thompson. All they do is whine about calls and brag that they are the best team ever. Thompson said they are better than the showtime Lakers. I know it was a funny jokey jab at his dad but I think Magic Johnson took it personally. They won 1 year, that's it. And that's because they didn't play anybody. They played the Pelicans, the Grizz (with an injured Conley for the most part) and the Rockets..lol... Then they beat the Cavs with no Irving or Love in 6 games.

Also, this season after the game 4 loss at OKC, Klay looked like a bratty kid in the postgame like $hit is supposed to be given to him. Combine that with Draymond kicking everybody in the nuts a million times and Ayesha talkin all this trash on Twitter ...ya, they are hated for a reason. I will continue to hate them and I hope they fail every year.

sorry for the rant.

• Premium Member

Curry is a player I can watch anytime, I really like shooters more so than drivers. I have  no problems with the Warrior's due to how they play the game. Team ball. 

What's funny is that for years I've always said that if Lames would have stayed in Cleveland and won just one ring , it would have meant more than the two he got with the Super Friends. My problem with Mr. Lames is the title that was given to him "as the next Jordan" or "King James" before he even played a NBA game. The Association was so desperate for a face of the league, that they handed him the keys right away. Instead of letting the people"witness" the greatness, we were told that he was already great.  Not taking anything from his game, I just don't like his character. Just because you are a character doesn't mean you have character. This became more evident when he stepped over Green instead of taking the "highroad" by going around him. Then lobbied to have him suspended for game 5. 

• Like 1

The Hawks have no equity to entice the big name FAs - fact - after previous owners had the team as a play thing. 

We are (I hope) building towards that.  60 wins helps, but it doesnt help that we follow it up with a sweep. We couldn't give Cleveland a fight even if we lost. Got swatted away like a gnat. If it was a fist fight with Cleveland we would have gained a little more traction.

We've got work to do.

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Hawks have no equity to entice the big name FAs - fact - after previous owners had the team as a play thing. 

We are (I hope) building towards that.  60 wins helps, but it doesnt help that we follow it up with a sweep. We couldn't give Cleveland a fight even if we lost. Got swatted away like a gnat. If it was a fist fight with Cleveland we would have gained a little more traction.

We've got work to do.

Yeah, the Atlanta Spirit seemed like a bunch of old Richie Riches squabbling  in the cigar room at a country club. They were looking for perks or something instead trying to professionally handle an NBA team. Very pleased they are gone. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

As far as the hate for other players and teams go, I really blame the media for it. When something is good they talk it up non stop. We get every detail about players like LeBron and Steph and it gets tiring. If it is your player or team you don't mind it, but I know I got tired of hearing and reading about GS 24/7. 

As for Durant, somebody else mentioned it but it's possible the news report left us off the list because they didn't think about Atlanta. I doubt he's coming but I'm not going to say he's not based on that report.

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We've got work to do.

Yes we do and it will only come with trades, draft picks, and the occasional free agent that fits perfectly to our scheme. Its a small market media dilemma. Look at Indy. They have Larry Frigging Bird as President, Paul George, and went to the ECF two years in a row, yet have to trade for their last two starting PG's!

If we don't trade for or draft one we don't get the marquee players right now. Its just the way it is. Advertising dollars in LA, Boston, Chicago, NY gets these players twice their salaries in endorsements.

As you said, we have holes to fill and work to do!

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Yes we do and it will only come with trades, draft picks, and the occasional free agent that fits perfectly to our scheme. Its a small market media dilemma. Look at Indy. They have Larry Frigging Bird as President, Paul George, and went to the ECF two years in a row, yet have to trade for their last two starting PG's!

If we don't trade for or draft one we don't get the marquee players right now. Its just the way it is. Advertising dollars in LA, Boston, Chicago, NY gets these players twice their salaries in endorsements.

As you said, we have holes to fill and work to do!

That last part is a huge part that most people just don't talk about. 

Probably because all of the endorsement dollars aren't thrown out there at you, but like you said, it's essentially just salary. 

If people realized that CP3 would make the max of 25 here, but in LA he'd essentially make 50, NO ONE would be complaining that he isn't in Atlanta.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

I don't care to have durant tbh. 

You serious? Or you just Joshing us?

Josh is tired of DAT chit

23 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

What's a good gif for this?

Dunno but I found one of Lebron vs all the guys we might sign.

Super Punch

ETA: Also here's what happened the last time KD went against Lebron and Kyrie ...

Old Woman Punch

Edited by kg01