• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Name some backup PG options

ViewsFromTheSquawk

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 2:59 PM, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

RJ Hunter-Georgia State's own would actually be a good fit here. Sure I know it says he's a shooting guard, but you must know that RJ actually ran some point in his time last season in Boston when Smart got injured for a while, and he also was the main ball handler at Georgia State also. RJ can also shoot much better than most of the guys on the free agent market an I fully believe he could be a 10-5 guy in our system. He's also quite young so he would take time to develop, but he is an intriguing option to say the least

I'm GSU basketball season ticket holder and just want to say...................RJ Hunter is not a PG. He has never played PG.  Ball handling is the one thing he has stated over and over again that he needs to work on this off season to try to earn more playing time at SG.

I'd love to have RJ in Hawks uniform................just want to point out that he is not a PG or even a combo guard for that matter.

Available free agents are: Foye, Augustine, Chalmers, Dellavedova,  Mo Williams.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, coachx said:

I'm GSU basketball season ticket holder and just want to say...................RJ Hunter is not a PG. He has never played PG.  Ball handling is the one thing he has stated over and over again that he needs to work on this off season to try to earn more playing time at SG.

I'd love to have RJ in Hawks uniform................just want to point out that he is not a PG or even a combo guard for that matter.

Available free agents are: Foye, Augustine, Chalmers, Dellavedova,  Mo Williams.

Until he finds his jump shot he left at GSU I'm ok with him being a Celtic even as a SG. Hitting foul shots is one very good thing but he didn't hit anything during live game action for Boston from anywhere on the floor. Our coaches could probably help a lot but he still would be end of the bench for quite a while.   

• Admin

I would Jack (if healthy) ... think he would be perfect backup

Livingston is going to get a big payday as a result of playing well for the Warriors.

I like Augustine too ... he has always been solid in a backup role 

NO to Collision ... no wife beaters

Livingston would be my #1 target through trade but it would cost a bit I'm sure. I'd be willing to do a sign n trade for Baze, send him back to the scrubs.

Burke traded to WAS for a 2nd.  Just another stop 'til he's outta the league.  Likely means Sessions is available?

Also, as long as we're giving guys chances to reclaim their careers, could be kick the tires on Charlize Deron Williams?

• Premium Member

Jack, if healthy, is my first choice. I wouldn't mind Livingston or Sessions. Someone mentioned Mo Williams--weren't we on him when Bud/Ferry first arrived? Deron Williams did single handily beat us in the playoffs two years ago..he just can't remain healthy.

Remaining FA  PGs:

25. PG Rajon Rondo, 30

29. PG Deron Williams, 32

56. SG Jamal Crawford, 36

59. PG Langston Galloway, restricted, 24

74. PG Ramon Sessions, 30

76. PG Brandon Jennings, 26

79. PG Norris Cole, 27

83. G Leandro Barbosa, 33

85. PG Raymond Felton, 32

87. PG Ty Lawson, 28

91. PG Seth Curry, restricted, 25

92. PG Aaron Brooks, 31

95. PG/SG Greivis Vasquez, 29

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-vertical-s-top-100-free-agents-204857680.html

I think they missed Chalmers.  I always liked him.  I'd much rather have a Sessions and Hump for $19 milly than Baze if we were gonna draft two wings, too.

I know Jeff and Bud didn't get along but goddamnit he's now easily Top 3 in salary value for another year with Towns and Curry.  BudCox tripping.  Anthony Tolliver just got 8 per.  Use your heads.

I don't know much about Ressler but from a couple soundbytes on 92.9 he sounds like a royal assbag.  2 quotes about how "most of our fans may not appreciate" a state of the art training facility or how well the franchise can sell the city of Atlanta to FAs.  It's selling a poor, bottom line-centric  ownership group to potential FAs we're worried about.  He's more worried about selling a few more tickets than finding an actual GM with balls enough to tell him Dwight is the worst possible fit for his coach's system.

With no one available at the price we can afford, nothing has been accomplished but the gutting of depth at PG and PF.  I may feel totally different tomorrow, but it blows hard as of right now.  This Prince kid better be the star of Summer League.  Which I know he's not.

Edited by benhillboy

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Crawford stays with Clipps 

Would have been a difficult fit for Bud and his passing offense anyway. I'll keep my good memories of his going off for us late in games. Four point plays included.