• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in on Durant and Howard

DS5

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Afro said:

I only listen to chuck and chernoff. They know they're just glorified fans(except Chuck and college football) and they act like it. 

Every other show acts like they're some kind of legitamite journalist, when in all reality, they know less than us. 

Never the less, sports radio pisses me off. It's your JOB to know the industry and yet the fans that listen to you have to correct you all the time. 

I've come to believe that no one on radio can get it right on every sport.   But all of these "eggsperts" have some type of source.   They are not Journalist but maybe they have the inside track to information because Agents and Publicist seek them out.   At any rate, the talk about Ressler wanting to change things up... may be true.  It's a business move. (make the product more exciting and younge and different). 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I've come to believe that no one on radio can get it right on every sport.   But all of these "eggsperts" have some type of source.   They are not Journalist but maybe they have the inside track to information because Agents and Publicist seek them out.   At any rate, the talk about Ressler wanting to change things up... may be true.  It's a business move. (make the product more exciting and younge and different). 

I mean they're all right. 

I was sitting there like hmm Harrison and Whiteside...that's interesting! 

Fans are dumb. New and shiny. That's all ya need. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Afro said:

I mean they're all right. 

I was sitting there like hmm Harrison and Whiteside...that's interesting! 

Fans are dumb. New and shiny. That's all ya need. 

I would rather see D12 and Baze... Defense you see.   Personally, I don't think Whitesides has the BBIQ to be a Hawk.  D12 would have to give up his DIVAcard and become a man...

• Like 1

Just now, Diesel said:

I would rather see D12 and Baze... Defense you see.   Personally, I don't think Whitesides has the BBIQ to be a Hawk.  D12 would have to give up his DIVAcard and become a man...

We know you would.

6 minutes ago, Afro said:

Rant on. 

Theres no one in sports I hate more than "Sports Sandra". She plays the girl power card ALL THE TIME which I agree with, howevvahhh the only reason she has that job is because she's a woman....She knows absolutely nothing outside of the braves. No way a man gets by not knowing anything about football or basketball. 

"You raaaaang?"

Image result for skip bayless

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Why does no one talk about bismack? He's cheaper, younger, and does the same things right? 

3 minutes ago, Afro said:

Why does no one talk about bismack? He's cheaper, younger, and does the same things right? 

I like him but I'm not positive he'd be "cheap" enough.  He's likely looking for a major payday and there are enough bad GM's out there to push up his price.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agreed.  Look, I know they don't have to cater to ATL teams.  I know they're not from here but this is the market paying your bills (and gambling debts probably) so would it kill you to have a bit of a pro-Atlanta slant?  Hell, every other market does it.

Right. We're not saying go full "blown" .....but man, this is getting to the point where it sounds like a radio show located in another state. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Afro said:

Because Bismack is UNKNOWN.  He had a good playoff series maybe even a season but he's still undersized and getting by with Athleticism.   Honestly... Honestly, I would take a look at Mozgov if we missed out on everybody else but him and Bismack.   Mozgov is a bonafide 7 footer... and you can't teach that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

I'm still talking about if Horford walks from the team. You're not understanding the defensive scheme. The defensive scheme requires the center to help out on the perimeter defensively or it's all going to collapse.

NOW, if you are ADDING Howard to Horford and Millsap, yes, Howard can stay inside.

So, @Lurker, I ordered a burrito and this happened.

giphy.gif

When I woke from my burrito induced coma this thread was 10 pages long.

Okay, so fair enough, I see your point since our centers do help out on the perimeter but they quickly transition back to guarding their man.   I don't think this translates into a lot less rebounds for D12, maybe 1 or 2 at most.  I also think that our defensive scheme would change a bit with D12 on the floor to better utilize his strengths.

Edited by ATLSmith

• Premium Member

Side note: I have this unshakable feeling that Horford playing PF full time will come in to play big time when it comes to choosing a team.   

5 hours ago, DS5 said:

It makes too much sense KD to Atlanta!

So here's a good question....I'm glad we are pursuing Durant or Howard. Durant is very unlikely but Howard is attainable...anyways with that said Wilcox has stated publicly that Bazemore is a priority to resign as well as Horford.

for Horford it's easy to understand that the Hawks can go over the cap to resign him but how can we retain  Bazemore all while going after Durant or Howard? Something isn't adding up!

even if we used the stretch provision on splitter we still wouldn't have enough for a signing of Bazemore & Durant or Bazemore & Howard.....right?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JTB said:

So here's a good question....I'm glad we are pursuing Durant or Howard. Durant is very unlikely but Howard is attainable...anyways with that said Wilcox has stated publicly that Bazemore is a priority to resign as well as Horford.

for Horford it's easy to understand that the Hawks can go over the cap to resign him but how can we retain  Bazemore all while going after Durant or Howard? Something isn't adding up!

even if we used the stretch provision on splitter we still wouldn't have enough for a signing of Bazemore & Durant or Bazemore & Howard.....right?

Maybe there are more cap clearing trades to come? 

• Like 1

Who knows how elaborate it could be, I doubt Horford said that though - eh and paul are good, plus he talked about working on his post game the most this offseason,  and if we traded Paul it would have to be for a good SG if this is what they are proposing to KD - the salary issue should be that big of a deal for us we should be able to move enough around, still so many moving parts.

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would rather have Howard than Horford. Howard and Millsap is a great combo in the front court. Obvs I want Durant but I don't think he leaves OKC.

If this was four years ago. I would agree. I would also take Derrick Rose over everyone on this team four years ago. But in 2016, this is an awful one star statement. Why would you take Howard over Horford? Horford is a superior player at this stage.