• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Meeting With Dwight

Misha Owens

49 minutes ago, DBac said:

What do you guys think this means for Millsap if the rumors of pairing him and Horford are true? Could he be moved for a star wing player?

Which team needs a PF and can sell an above avarage SF and maybe additionally a servicable BU PG?

May need a multi team deal. Which teams are PF buyers and which are possible SF seller?

Edited by rd79

1 hour ago, rd79 said:

Which team needs a PF and can sell an above avarage SF and maybe additionally a servicable BU PG?

May need a multi team deal. Which teams are PF buyers and which are possible SF seller?

C's for Bradley and/or Crowder  + Nets 1st pick?

1 hour ago, MrYellow said:

C's for Bradley and/or Crowder  + Nets 1st pick?

If we could get Crowder and Bradley we don't have to resign Baze, what would give us the cap to sign Howard.

PG: Dennis 36 + Bradley 12
SG: Bradley 20 + Korver 14 + THJ 14

So guys and gal, how looks this 14 players roster to you?

PG Dennis, (Bradley), Patterson
SG Bradley, Korver, THJ
SF Crowder, Prince, Bembry
PF Al, Kris, Musky
C D12, Splitter, Edy

But I doubt Cs will send Crowder and Bradley out...

13 minutes ago, rd79 said:

If we could get Crowder and Bradley we don't have to resign Baze, what would give us the cap to sign Howard.

PG: Dennis 36 + Bradley 12
SG: Bradley 20 + Korver 14 + THJ 14

So guys and gal, how looks this 14 players roster to you?

PG Dennis, (Bradley), Patterson
SG Bradley, Korver, THJ
SF Crowder, Prince, Bembry
PF Al, Kris, Musky
C D12, Splitter, Edy

But I doubt Cs will send Crowder and Bradley out...

THJ out 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Imagine a frontline of D12/Sap/

Automatically makes us one of the best Defensive teams in the game. 

Dwight is not a great defender anymore while Al is one of the best defenders in the NBA. Dwight adds value in shot blocking, inside scorer, size and rebounding but without his elite athlete ability,  a lot of the things he used to do, he's no longer even good at anymore. Anyone expecting old Dwight Howard is in for a disappointment but if we can get a more healthy, motivated verison of last year's Dwight as part of the rotation and not a starter but plays starter minutes then right there, you added excellent value.

5 hours ago, DBac said:

What do you guys think this means for Millsap if the rumors of pairing him and Horford are true? Could he be moved for a star wing player?

It means that Millsap would play around 10 of his 32 minutes per game guarding the other team's small forward. That's all it means.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Supes, I know you have a lot of AL love.  But let's not deny facts.  Dwight still is a top shot blocker and rebounder in this league.  That means that he's a top defender.   I understand that Al is a versatile defender and he can guard smaller players.  That's great.  However, when real Centers walk in the room.. Al has historically had trouble.   I believe that Bud and Co. believes that the can fix Dwight and make him into what we need. 

Diesel, there is a reason I call you an one star poster and it's not because I don't agree with you or I think you suck. It's because you are is wysiwyg fan who doesn't understand and never had understood the nuisances of the game ever. 

There is a massive difference defensively between Biyombo on defense and Dwight at this stage of his career. 

1. BBIQ, Biyombo while sucking on offense skill wise, he does know where to be on offense and defense. Especially on defense. His positioning is as good as any NBA big outside of Al and Marc Gasol.  Dwight has always been know to have solid BBIQ and does understand his job well. Doesn't position well and I think he got those bad habits as a youngster having exceptional athletic ability that is rare among even his peers to ever play the game. 

2. Team defense, Due to team defense is where you see Dwight as a middle of the pack defender and Biyombo as a top tier defender. One has blistering speed, length and processes the game very well while the other is now slow but used to be fast, has been a step late for the last two years and processes the game at a solid rate as he normally does but doesn't have the ability he once had to get to any and every ball from a distance. 

So while both rebound and block shots, one is very effective defensively and the other is so-so on defense. Dwight used to be not just an elite defender but a potential all timer but now he's a shell of that player and is slow. That doesn't mean he doesn't have value because he does. A player who rebounds, blocks shots, has size and can score inside does but Greg Monroe does most of those things and no one really wants him. Dwight isn't that much more impactful at this stage than Monroe. Now he would be an excel 6th man who plays 30-32 MPG for us but anything else, is just as stupid as you think Josh Smith is better than Al Horford and I used to tell you all the time that he wasn't even close. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

It means that Millsap would play around 10 of his 32 minutes per game guarding the other team's small forward. That's all it means.

Not necessarily..........

There are 48 mpg to be had at both the PF and C positions:

PF: Milsap 32 mpg / Horford 16 mpg

C: Horford 16 mpg / Howard 32 mpg

Each guy can still easily get 32 mpg without Milsap having to spend 1 second at SF. One of them will have to swallow their pride and be a 6th man. They will probably get a 6th man of the year trophy as a reward if they so choose................. It worked when Boston won the title in 1984 while using McHale as a 6th man.

Whenever 1 of our bigs is in foul trouble we would have no drop off at all. The teams biggest weakness is lack of rebounding. Howard patches that hole up solidly.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, coachx said:

I don't think it has is necessarily true.

There is 48 mpg to be had at both the PF and C positions:

Each guy can still easily get 32 mpg without Milsap having to spend 1 second at SF. One of them will have to swallow their pride and be a 6th man. Tjhey will probably get a 6th man of the year trophy as a reward if they so choose................. It worked when Boston won the title in 1984 while using McHale as a 6th man.

Whenever 1 of our bigs is in foul trouble we would have no drop off at all. The teams biggest weakness is lack of rebounding. Howard patches that hole up solidly.

I would move Millsap to the bench. He can anchor the bench and lead them. We need a better bench. He will still get his minutes. He more than likely will play at the end of games since D12 can't hit a freethrow.

He can be our Manu and Iggy 6th man.

12 minutes ago, coachx said:

Not necessarily..........

There are 48 mpg to be had at both the PF and C positions:

Each guy can still easily get 32 mpg without Milsap having to spend 1 second at SF. One of them will have to swallow their pride and be a 6th man. They will probably get a 6th man of the year trophy as a reward if they so choose................. It worked when Boston won the title in 1984 while using McHale as a 6th man.

It will probably be more like this: 

SF: Starter 28 mpg / Thabo(unless starting or traded) 12 / Millsap 4 / Prince/Bembry 4

PF: Milsap 28 mpg / Horford 16 mpg

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Supes, I know you have a lot of AL love.  But let's not deny facts.  Dwight still is a top shot blocker and rebounder in this league.  That means that he's a top defender.   I understand that Al is a versatile defender and he can guard smaller players.  That's great.  However, when real Centers walk in the room.. Al has historically had trouble.   I believe that Bud and Co. believes that the can fix Dwight and make him into what we need. 

Blocked shots do not equal good defense.

Dwight gets totally lost on defensive assignments and will sell out his assignment to go for a highlight block. Much like Whiteside currently and Josh Smith before him. Howard has zero interest in learning how to actually play defense on his man. He'd rather go for empty stats.  

Al Horford went for 30/14 and 22/9 on him last season. The same Al Horford that people here say can't play inside or rebound.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Smells like somebody's agent trying to create a market by using Atlanta's capspace.  Same story, different year.

Other than that, I'm 'in' for the @NBASupes v @Diesel Al v Dwhine showdown.

This is a little more than Agent conjuring.  Our people are having a meeting with Dwight.   Our people have named Dwight as a target.  Sure, it could be him using us.. However, put yourself in Dwight's shoes... Why not play for Atlanta NOW?.