• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Meeting With Dwight

Misha Owens

8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I can't believe you guys think Dwight will be a Hawk. It's almost like you don't know Bud and what type of players he likes. Dwight doesn't fit the bill on OR off the court. 0% chance we get Dwight. Ok maybe 0.3%.

If what you're saying is true then there'd be no meeting.  Could it be Budz is seeing the need for change(s) in his mode of ops.?

Just now, kg01 said:

If what you're saying is true then there'd be no meeting.  Could it be Budz is seeing the need for change(s) in his mode of ops.?

Maybe Bud thinks interviewing other free agents will cause people to re-think their disdain for the Hawks.

Heres what I think any and ALL teams trying to get Durant are up against - as weve seen the last several years in the NBA - you can win with system to beat the best elite superstars in the game, if you have at least one yourself and the other team has 2,  but its hard a la Spurs.  You have the highest chance of really making the finals though if you have at least 3 superstars and the two teams that did this year did get there.  KD has seen time and time again that your probably wont get there with 2 superstars without the great team system - so basically comes to this 3 superstars or 2 and great system.  Now im kinda playing grey area here and I know Love, Duncan and maybe one guy on the Warriors are not superstars but really good all stars.  -  Point being its got to be a good enough front court to push around the great shooting thats going on now or negate some of that and have the great defense. 

We have to ability to do this here and we have the cap to be very flexible. - so its been surprising to me Durant has not accepted the Hawks into a presentation at least.  We have great defense and we have some good shooting but would also have the frontcourt talent to not rely on just one thing.  If Tiago and Korver get healthy - its just a perfect fit, hell if by some crazy thing we could get d12 and get rid of some other guys, it would be even more enticing - being that he has seen what it takes to win in the playoffs and what you need around you.  There is nowhere he can go to get this other than GS but that is a very small team of scorers, also would be the most hated team.  4 superstars on a team I think hurts the NBA.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I blame it on Ressler and Al's poor rebounding numbers. 

• Premium Member

I think the bottom line is that Dwight has his best games against other bigs.   He is the man vs. DJordan, TChandler, Bogut, and TThompson.  Maybe our analytics department considered that the Cavs have dominated the glass on us for the last 8 playoffs games will be serverely hindered if we have a weapon like Howard in the game.   Imagine if we can keep Horf and Sap... and play that rotation and dominate the rebounds?  You beat the Cavs by dominating the boards.  The Cavs got fortunate in that they didn't have to play against teams with dominant rebounders except Detroit and Detroit just doesn't have the scorers to play with the Cavs but still played the Cavs tight. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

If Dwight comes here I'll change my name to kg0-1 for 2 weeks...lol

:Nique: "Das a dagguh."

ETA: As much as I'd like to see you pay homage to yours truly, I think Howard ends up a Selltic and he's using us for leverage.

Edited by kg01

19 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I would think the move is to keep Al and Sap and have Howard come off the bench. But then what do we do with Baze,Splitter,and Humphries

Bazemore could be kept at 10 to 12 in the new market but not at 16. Humphries is good as gone. Splitter should stay unless we get Dwight 

2 minutes ago, RWF said:

If we get Horford and Dwight combo, I hope we can ship Millsap to a team that drafted some rookie we wanted.

I hope we can ship him to some team with a vet wing we wanted.

Just now, kg01 said:

I hope we can ship him to some team with a vet wing we wanted.

I hope D12 stays the hell away from atl

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'd rather keep Millsap than Al if push comes to shove but having all three would be insane. Think about how much we'd bully the other team on the glass. When's the last time we had a good rebounding team? It sure hasn't been under Bud.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I'd rather keep Millsap than Al if push comes to shove but having all three would be insane. Think about how much we'd bully the other team on the glass. When's the last time we had a good rebounding team? It sure hasn't been under Bud.

That's what I am saying. This is the best three headed monster since LA had Odom, Gasol and Bynum

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

That's what I am saying. This is the best three headed monster since LA had Odom, Gasol and Bynum

I expected more from you Supes...you seem to know the game well but it also seems you fell for the Diesel trap in even wanting Howard to the Hawks. You broke my heart.

7 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

I hope D12 stays the hell away from atl

Yeah, it's not ideal but we could do worse.  IIRC, Ferry targeted Howard too.  You got mixed emoticons about that don't you (hehe)?

5 minutes ago, RWF said:

Wonder how good this line-up could be:

Schröder

Korver

Crowder

Horford

Howard

Crowder is overrated as h3ll.  We'd take too much of a scoring dip with that bum in Sap's place.

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I expected more from you Supes...you seem to know the game well but it also seems you fell for the Diesel trap in even wanting Howard to the Hawks. You broke my heart.

As a 6th man, yes. As a starter, hell naw, to the naw naw naw