• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Meeting With Dwight

Misha Owens

• Admin

I prefer Al and Sap to replacing one of them with Howard ... if we somehow lose Al to Free Agency then I would want us to consider Dwight but not until then.

He does not improve the team ... actually I think we take a step backwards with Dwight instead of Al but will remain competitive (if Howard can stay healthy and that is also a big if)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I would stop there because that's a QED... but since you're so high on talking about the greatness of AL.. Let me ask you...  What do we get from Al that we can't get from Sap?  You say you want to go back to 2 guys doing the same thing.

Al does a lot better than Millsap. It's not even close. I don't think Millsap is that good. I think he's just a good player who is an exceptional freelance defenders like Smoove was but instead of athletic ability, Sap uses BBIQ and great instincts. 

Horford is elite at off ball movement, screens, PnR, PnP, cutting, BBIQ on offense and defense, positioning,  a way better man defender, better shooter, better communicator,  better passer, better finisher, better paint protector although Sap is better at blocking shots and he's more consistent and fits with all units.

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Al does a lot better than Millsap. It's not even close. I don't think Millsap is that good. I think he's just a good player who is an exceptional freelance defenders like Smoove was but instead of athletic ability, Sap uses BBIQ and great instincts. 

Horford is elite at off ball movement, screens, PnR, PnP, cutting, BBIQ on offense and defense, positioning,  a way better man defender, better shooter, better communicator,  better passer, better finisher, better paint protector although Sap is better at blocking shots and he's more consistent and fits with all units.

Opinions vary.

• Like 1

I would like to see Al play PF just out of curiosity - would be interesting - hell maybe we have a secret plan to get DH to come off the bench if hes humbleded enough to show ppl hes not this bad guy - lol.  Al would have to take less and then go after Durant, hahah would be greatest coup in nba history.

• Premium Member

For Supes..

It's a strong possibility that we may keep Al and get D12.  I would hope that there would be a way we could get Splitter out of there if we did.   Like I said before, D12 is a contingency plan in case Al signs somewhere else.  But he could just as easily play alongside of Al if we negate Baze.  So it comes down to what will happen.  So you can stop attacking folks in protection of Al.  Either he walks and we get D12... we can't do anything to change that.  Or we get D12 and we resign Al over the top. 

As much as Diesel wants Dwight, it's not happening folks. All this talk about players setting up meeting with specific team is all BS...there's prolly 20% truth to any of it if that. I'll say it one last time:

BUD IS TOO SMART TO SIGN A DEADBEAT LIKE DWIGHT...BOOKMARK THIS. Lol

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Getting D12 while keeping Al would be fantastic for us. Suddenly our biggest weakness could become a strength.

One of the money guys can help us with the calculations.   However, if we were to renounce Hinrich and let the Knicks have Baze.. Could we afford D12 or Durant?  Then Sign Horf over the top?

I would have to believe we could.

That leaves me with this thought:

1.  We have a lot of trust in Prince being able to step in and play some Sf right away.

2.  We believe that Sap can play Some Sf also. 

3.  We believe that Horf can play some PF. 

4.  More playing time for TH2 (Hardaway).

We will have to have something like a 10 man rotation. 

• Like 1

I can't believe you guys think Dwight will be a Hawk. It's almost like you don't know Bud and what type of players he likes. Dwight doesn't fit the bill on OR off the court. 0% chance we get Dwight. Ok maybe 0.3%.

• Premium Member
Just now, Watchman said:

Once Howard doesn't get the attention he wants, or his entitled touches, he will become a malcontent again.  I can't see him getting along with Bud.  He is a dead end on offense, and he ain't what he used to be.

It all depends on what kind of contract he signs.

Maybe we can talk him into a 1 + 1... prove yourself contract.  2 years 48 million.   Then if he does start messing up, let him get out on the market and see what the market will give him.  However, I believe Howard has too much to prove.  You haven't heard one stitch of diva from him yet and FAcy starts friday.