• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Meeting With Dwight

Misha Owens

• Premium Member

When We sign Dwight... I can't wait til Bud turns this team into a championship team... crushing the East and then... Dwight gives the Interview and talks about how he grew up wanting to play for the Hawks!!!  How he dreamed about wearing the pac-man and winning a championship!!   Then I want us to get some Lebron/Cleveland love from the NBA.

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Like Kyle

And with Kyle's coaching more than Bud's hopefully THJ. He did come on the last twenty or so games. Started out at around twenty percent from three and ended up at thirty four percent which means he hit at a forty percent clip for a while. Would take some work but he's got other positives to keep him on the court. Like driving to the rim and hitting almost all of his foul shots. Big time at the foul line. That is something we've been lacking this past year.    

Meeting between Dwight Howard, Hawks went 'very, very well'

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16680328/dwight-howard-impressed-meeting-atlanta-hawks

Free-agent center Dwight Howard had a productive meeting with the Atlanta Hawks on Friday, according to a league source.

It was the first and currently the only meeting Howard, an Atlanta native, has scheduled.

"It was a really, really, really good meeting," the source said. "Very impressive. Dwight's going to look at all his options. But it went very, very well."

Howard, who has also drawn interest from Boston, is scheduled to speak with other teams by phone Friday, the source said.

He hopes to make a decision within the next day or so.

ESPN.com's Calvin Watkins reported that Howard is looking for a contract beginning at $24 million per year. But the source would not confirm that.

"The market is going to set itself," he said. "Dwight is focused on winning."

Howard had planned to hold meetings in Las Vegas on Saturday, but those plans were changed. Instead he'll remain in Atlanta.

Edited by RandomFan

Ok, if i'm wrong, correct me.  The latest rumblings have the Hawks set like this. ( If free agents sign where they appear to be headed):

starters:

pg dennis

sg korver

sf prince

pf sap

c d12

bench:  thjr., bembry, moose, scott, edy,  heinrich, patterson, splitter, thabo, 

d league: cordinier

possibly gone:

horford

baze

hump

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member

Basically.

Everything comes down to Al?  I believe that the Celtics will talk to Dwight tonight.   The real answer for Dwight will come from Al.   If Al says that he's going to Boston, then that may effect which way D12 goes.  Moreover, Al signing with Boston is the first step to them signing Durant.   Basically, Boston has to try to sell Durant on playing with Al,  Isaiah, and Howard in Boston.     But even if they can't get that... Like us, they will be happy with Al and DHoward in Boston. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

It's interesting that he changed his plans to remain in the ATL. You gotta wonder what that means.

I also believe that we will be more willing to give him closer to 24 million than Boston would.  Boston will probably ask him to take a pay cut so that they can go after Durant and Max Horford.

Just now, RandomFan said:

It's interesting that he changed his plans to remain in the ATL. You gotta wonder what that means.

Maybe he's going to try to talk Al into joining with him on the Hawks.  The Celtics are coming here to meet with Al, so maybe Dwight can try to convince Al about playing together.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Maybe he's going to try to talk Al into joining with him on the Hawks.  The Celtics are coming here to meet with Al, so maybe Dwight can try to convince Al about playing together.

That conversation will be had.  It's a hard choice.

2  Coach of the Years.

2 Playoff teams.

An allstar PG.... Damn.. we just got rid of our allstar PG.

But then there's Sap!  And Living in the ATL!

10 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Meeting between Dwight Howard, Hawks went 'very, very well'

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16680328/dwight-howard-impressed-meeting-atlanta-hawks

Free-agent center Dwight Howard had a productive meeting with the Atlanta Hawks on Friday, according to a league source.

It was the first and currently the only meeting Howard, an Atlanta native, has scheduled.

"It was a really, really, really good meeting," the source said. "Very impressive. Dwight's going to look at all his options. But it went very, very well."

Howard, who has also drawn interest from Boston, is scheduled to speak with other teams by phone Friday, the source said.

He hopes to make a decision within the next day or so.

ESPN.com's Calvin Watkins reported that Howard is looking for a contract beginning at $24 million per year. But the source would not confirm that.

"The market is going to set itself," he said. "Dwight is focused on winning."

Howard had planned to hold meetings in Las Vegas on Saturday, but those plans were changed. Instead he'll remain in Atlanta.

I believe he is going to be a Hawk now.

I imagine a lot of the conversations with the Hawks today are revolving around trying to convince all three of Howard, Horf, and Baze into taking some kind of discount in order to put a championship level team together - at least on some short-term 1+1 deals to try and get all 3 under the cap this year.  With promises of pay increases next year once the cap goes up again.

If one of those three balks, then we'll have a new dilemna on our hands.