19Mill in Cap space left... Bazemore or Horford

wolvetigers

Bazemore is a system wing, he is more replaceable than DMC; Baze shot 26% from 3 the last 3 months of the season. We need a 37-40% shooter with Dwight here now. Definitely if Millsap decides he is going to stay.

Give me a Dwight/Horford/Sap frontcourt with Sap as trade bait if he wants out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Do you think Bazemore would sign for $9.5 million?

First and foremost. I am pretty sure it's on a 4.5% ascending deal so we probably have more like 3 to 4 million in cap space. So that would have us 11.5 to 12.5. Then you have Scott's non guaranteed deal. That's 3.3 million. So all in all, that's 14.8 to 15.8 million in cap space. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

First and foremost. I am pretty sure it's on a 4.5% ascending deal so we probably have more like 3 to 4 million in cap space. So that would have us 11.5 to 12.5. Then you have Scott's non guaranteed deal. That's 3.3 million. So all in all, that's 14.8 to 15.8 million in cap space. 

Also, was Hinrich's cap hold still included in his $1 million cap statement?

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We have about $6  mil left after Al's caphold  and  I've figured $22 for  D12, so if Splitter is traded that's $14 for Baze.

We don't know the type of deal Dwight even will sign. An ascending deal is at 4.5 increases. That means his deal is like 20 million even for this upcoming season. That gives us slightly under 4 million in cap space right now. Trade Splitter and that's 8.55 million. Add that to 4 is 12.5 million. Add Scott's and even Patterson's contract and that's 16.5 million in cap space for Bazemore. Of course, Al can get maxed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Watchman said:

Also, was Hinrich's cap hold still included in his $1 million cap statement?

No, Hinrich, Hump and Bazemore's cap hold has been removed since we are looking at signing Bazemore and the others simply can be replaced with the MLE and the Bi-Exception. 

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Must agree.  IF we can find a suck.. I mean team willing to do this. 

He was pretty solid for us last season and via analytics, was one of the best backup centers in the NBA when healthy. 8.55 is chump change. 

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We have about $6  mil left after Al's caphold  and  I've figured $22 for  D12, so if Splitter is traded that's $14 for Baze.

Don't forget we can cut Scott for 3.3 millioon so we can have $17 million for Baze (if we want to go that route).

2 minutes ago, RWF said:

Forget Baze.

If he wants to leave, sign and trade Horford to Thunder for Sabonis and what the hell ever. Or if he wants to go to the C's, get Jaylen Brown.

Jaylen Brown can't shoot and please tell me you watched the draft? We have two SFs already. Baze is a great team player, but smart money is he takes the 70m contract that teams are throwing his way...

Horford and Dwight.......could that resemble  Tim Duncan and David Robinson ?

Just now, wolvetigers said:

Jaylen Brown can't shoot and please tell me you watched the draft? We have two SFs already. Baze is a great team player, but smart money is he takes the 70m contract that teams are throwing his way...

Horford and Dwight.......could that resemble  Tim Duncan and David Robinson ?

Your implying Horford stays. We have to see 1st. I don't want to lose him for nothing.

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I trust in Bud's system. It's proven with the development of Caroll and Baze.  We have THJ, Prince, and Bembry... I think we are set at the Small Forward Position.

Horford is the key...We have to keep him away from Celtics. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Based on My Calculations... We have signed Howard at a price of 22.5 Million this first year. 

That means that we have roughly 3.7 Million left if we make the Teague trade, Renounce Hinrich, and Not reup Scott. 

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Don't forget we can cut Scott for 3.3 millioon so we can have $17 million for Baze (if we want to go that route).

I did not include Scott in my calculations.