• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

19Mill in Cap space left... Bazemore or Horford

wolvetigers

2 minutes ago, wolvetigers said:

I would think if he wants to leave then we invoke a sign & trade so he can get that 5th year....

He cannot get a 5th  year with a SnT, only if he stays a  Hawk he gets it.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Based on My Calculations... We have signed Howard at a price of 22.5 Million this first year. 

That means that we have roughly 3.7 Million left if we make the Teague trade, Renounce Hinrich, and Not reup Scott. 

For us to get Horf and go after Baze, we would have to at the least get rid of Splitter's 8.25 Million and probably Thabo's. 3.85 Million.   That would put us at 15.8 Million dollar Pitch for Baze.   I would consider making him a 1+1 Pitch of 25 Million over 2 years with an opt out after this year... then promise a bigger pay day next year.   But that requires us moving Splitter Only.

1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

I suck with cap numbers but IF Horford signs with us, what potential players can we still sign at the 2 or 3 spot with whatever we'll have left? Just want to get some kind of indicator of what kind of talent we can still sign to replace baze

Who ever will take our MLE.

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Based on My Calculations... We have signed Howard at a price of 22.5 Million this first year. 

That means that we have roughly 3.7 Million left if we make the Teague trade, Renounce Hinrich, and Not reup Scott. 

Diesel is right, it's increases 1,057,500 per year.  So it's 22,442,500 in year one.  

Before the trade: We had 70,108,023 Million in cap space.

Our cap with 14 players plus Al's cap hold is 92,550,523 million
That gives us: 1,449,477 in cap room via Basketball reference as of right now. 

In order for us to keep Bazemore's cap hold (2,600,000) by July 6th, we need to cut clear 1,150,523 in salary. 

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

I think the only way we sign Baze now is if he takes a discount to stay. I think we can move some players to give him around $15M/year, but you have to think that someone is offering him the same contract that Evan Turner got which was ~$18.8M/year.

Baze is not needed as much anymore. Not as much as a more consistent jump shooter If we keep Horf, Dwight/Horf is the best defensive C/PF tandem  in the NBA. No more easy layups/dunks anymore.

Is Joe Johnson available for MLE?

5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Baze is not needed as much anymore. Not as much as a more consistent jump shooter If we keep Horf, Dwight/Horf is the best defensive C/PF tandem  in the NBA. No more easy layups/dunks anymore.

Is Joe Johnson available for MLE?

The only way we can even get the MLE is with Al's deal. We can't get it with Bazemore. Al Horford gives us a MLE and a Bi-Exception. Bazemore only gives us the Room Exception which we never use in the off-season. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

In other words, Al Horford is the prime target. He's the only player that gives us options for the MLE and the Bi Exception. But clearly, making trades to get Bazemore is what Atlanta needs to do. Scott and easy. You can simply cut him now but Splitter must be traded for numerous reasons but it's obvious now. That will free up a lot of space for Bazemore to resign. 

1 hour ago, wolvetigers said:

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/749014173003214848

May the Odds be forever in your favor Horford!

I'd let Baze go, he's not that good. I'd keep Horford only if a trade involving Millsap for a big 3 & D SF can be done. If not, Horford got to go.

Edited by BigDog90

Deng actually might be a decent option at the 3-spot if we can sign him for ~$14M. Let Baze go get his $18M+ contract. Sign Deng to a 3-year deal. Deng can also play the 4 in case any one of Horford, Howard or Millsap gets injured.

Jared Dudley is also still an option.

Edited by Bankingitbig