• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Budcox should learn from Warriors building strategy.

Dimesadozen

Check out @daldridgetnt's Tweet:

Let me just say that the NBA really makes me want to puke.  Atlanta's inability to attract stars is further fueled in today's NBA where teams are allowed to have clusters of stars.

What has made the Warrior's great?  What has put them in this position?  (I dont blame them for getting KD.  I blame the league for allowing such gross imbalance, even though this case is a little different)  It was drafting.  At least in the case of the Warriors, unlike the Celtics and Heat,they didn't sign 2 max guys.  They drafted two and are able to add another.  

Atlanta simply must find a way to add a star talent player via the draft.  This is how the image can change and star FA's will look to Atlanta.

Can the FO be honest enough to see that and do what is necessary even if it hurts a little now?

We complain about getting stars and than we get one who used to be a super star Dwight Howard and we complain? That's why "stars" don't want to come here. As far as I know basketball is played with one ball, it's actually played it's not just what's on paper and it's a long season and in a long season anything can happen. Let's stop crying and complaining about what we are not getting and not doing and worry about winning. That's how the Warriors got in this position because they brought it every night and they started winning. We were on the verge of being the Warriors East 2 seasons ago and then we regressed. We can't blame them for continuing greatness we gotta tie up our laces come out there with heart, pride and win. 3-5yrs ago nobody was talking about the injury riddled Curry like they are now. Draymond was a poor man's Paul Millsap and Klay Thompson couldn't play D. They all individually stepped up their games and collectively have been a massive threat and now are what you see today but it starts with practice, heart, determination and grit. Let's stop complaining and Play Ball.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sillent said:

We complain about getting stars and than we get one who used to be a super star Dwight Howard and we complain? That's why "stars" don't want to come here. As far as I know basketball is played with one ball, it's actually played it's not just what's on paper and it's a long season and in a long season anything can happen. Let's stop crying and complaining about what we are not getting and not doing and worry about winning. That's how the Warriors got in this position because they brought it every night and they started winning. We were on the verge of being the Warriors East 2 seasons ago and then we regressed. We can't blame them for continuing greatness we gotta tie up our laces come out there with heart, pride and win. 3-5yrs ago nobody was talking about the injury riddled Curry like they are now. Draymond was a poor man's Paul Millsap and Klay Thompson couldn't play D. They all individually stepped up their games and collectively have been a massive threat and now are what you see today but it starts with practice, heart, determination and grit. Let's stop complaining and Play Ball.

Because we want impact players like everyone else. No one wants old Dwight Howard and old Tracy McGrady's. We want the prime versions. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sillent said:

Dwight's not a superstar anymore.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Because we want impact players like everyone else. No one wants old Dwight Howard and old Tracy McGrady's. We want the prime versions. 

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Right. Dwight comes here after he knows he is past his prime.  Thing is....  We knew this would happen one day. We just figured it would be when he was a little older.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Right. Dwight comes here after he knows he is past his prime.  Thing is....  We knew this would happen one day. We just figured it would be when he was a little older.

Yep...I said he'd want to come home when he was just about done...he's  here early.

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

It's like Jenny marrying Forrest right before she gets on her death bed.

Hopefully there's  life left in Dwight.:laugh:

42 minutes ago, sillent said:

Right! Hawks aren't even done making moves so I can only imagine what the final roster will look like.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Afro said:

I can't be mad at the Warriors. They drafted 3/4s of their stars. 

Not mad at any team. Not actually "mad" at any player.... more likely disgusted. No specific malice, so much as the same reaction as when you're driving in the country, and you come upon the unmistakably foul odor of a pig farm up ahead.

I just think LeBron and Durant both get asterisks beside their names for the championships they've won. What KD and LBJ before him did is not a legitimate claim to a championship ring. They've taken advantage and made a mockery of the process. It's wrong.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Not mad at any team. Not actually "mad" at any player.... more likely disgusted. No specific malice, so much as the same reaction as when you're driving in the country, and you come upon the unmistakably foul odor of a pig farm up ahead.

I just think LeBron and Durant both get asterisks beside their names for the championships they've won. What KD and LBJ before him did is not a legitimate claim to a championship ring. They've taken advantage and made a mockery of the process. It's wrong.

Does anybody say pierce/Garnett/Allen get an asterisk? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Would be very interesting to hear what guys like Oscar, Kareem, Magic, Bird and MJ think about this desperate mentality of our league's superstars right now.