• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First Tito...... now Al's sister Anna Horford

I would not enjoy my family sitting next to their table at a restaurant guessing that they would be the loudest, most obnoxious  and most entitled customers in the place. Let everyone eat in peace please.

Let's be fair here...sports fans on Twitter are the worst. They think that because they follow someone famous that they "know" them and are entitled to just say the worst things to them. I am sure there are some idiot fans out there sending them the worst stuff ever.  Reading the replies to some of her stuff, I see I am on the money. She can say whatever she wants at this point because it's justified.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Let's be fair here...sports fans on Twitter are the worst. They think that because they follow someone famous that they "know" them and are entitled to just say the worst things to them. I am sure there are some idiot fans out there sending them the worst stuff ever.  Reading the replies to some of her stuff, I see I am on the money. She can say whatever she wants at this point because it's justified.

Virtually ANY female with a name (or an association to a male with a name) and/or a strong opinion draws Bad Twitter out of its collective cave/Mama's Basement more fervently than anyone else. I follow the person Sister Anna replied to in the last tweet (we all know her, also female, always critical of her beloved Hawks, always defensive of them against other team's fans) and some of the stuff even she gets is absurd. Chowderheads thinking they're defending the Hahfuhd Family Honor are going after her even today.

~lw3

• Like 1

Al made the best decision for him and his family.  I see no reason to crush the man for his choice.  

The Twitter response from his family is a sign of the times.  Apparently, everyone has to publicize their feelings.  

Please no more Anna Horford tweets on here. She hasn't done anything in life except be Al's sister. 

She talks as if people care to listen. 

• Like 2

Horford has put himself in a pretty dangerous position. He has lost any love from Hawks' fans. He will be hated in Atlanta now. And no one can guarantee he will success in Boston, their fans will expect a lot from their new "star". 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ebert said:

Horford has put himself in a pretty dangerous position. He has lost any love from Hawks' fans. He will be hated in Atlanta now. And no one can guarantee he will success in Boston, their fans will expect a lot from their new "star". 

I was looking over some stats from this past season earlier today and it remarkable how Alice was basically just marginally better than a lot of their Bigs in Boston.   He's obviously a better player than Sullinger and Amir Johnson and Kelly Olynyk but statistically, he's not a HUGE upgrade.  It will be interesting to see if Steven's system increases his productivity compared to Bud's system.  If not, they may have some upset fans in Beantown. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Yes, he has allowed his family to burn the bridge with Hawks fans. His "thank you" came way too late and seemed insincere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think Al's agent would have been savvy enough to run some interference with the family getting so public and have some kind of PR plan for Al's exit. Isn't that part of his job description.

• Like 3

hace 1 minuto, REHawksFan dijo:

I was looking over some stats from this past season earlier today and it remarkable how Alice was basically just marginally better than a lot of their Bigs in Boston.   He's obviously a better player than Sullinger and Amir Johnson and Tyler Zeller, but statistically, he's not a HUGE upgrade.  It will be interesting to see if Steven's system increases his productivity compared to Bud's system.  If not, they may have some upset fans in Beantown. 

They should re-sign Sullinger or they will be the worst rebounding team in the league by far. They already were 26th in DRB%. 

If Alice doesn't perform well, it wouldn't surprise me if Ainge trades him for a Jimmy Butler type of player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

They should re-sign Sullinger or they will be the worst rebounding team in the league by far. They already were 26th in DRB%. 

If Alice doesn't perform well, it wouldn't surprise me if Ainge trades him for a Jimmy Butler type of player.

I don't see C's fans taking the handclap well from Al while he allows Tristan, Biyombo, or Dwight to gobble up double digit rebounds when he matches up with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I can only speak for me personally, but I don't criticize Alice for his choice to leave (I actually thank him for it as $136M plus losing Paul was WAY too much for what Alice give you, imo) but I do criticize him for his attitude about leaving.  The leaving in a snit, allowing your family to criticize the Hawks and imply that you are being "disrespected" by the Hawks when they offered you a contract that would have paid you as one of the top 10 players in the league when you aren't even a top 25 player in the league is flat out ridiculous.  The arrogance of it all is just astounding to me.  It's that smug attitude that irks me and that's the origin of my criticism.  Has nothing to do with him actually leaving or the amount of money he received. 

OK, I respect your view.  

I agree that the front office made the right decision.  I criticize them only for their inability to work a SnT to get something from his departure.  

Al's family means little to me.  What they say or do.....even less.  

18 minutes ago, ggp said:

OK, I respect your view.  

I agree that the front office made the right decision.  I criticize them only for their inability to work a SnT to get something from his departure.  

Al's family means little to me.  What they say or do.....even less.  

Boston had plenty of cap space to sign Al Horford and didn't need to do a sign-and-trade.

Edited by Bankingitbig
  • Like 1