• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jarrett Jack to Hawks

Misha Owens

Jack at the vet min is awesome. Something interesting (and kind of sad) is that he's probably our best shot-maker by default. I know he's hit a few game-winners in recent years. I wonder if he'll ever find his way on the floor in those situations. I can't stand another season of hopeless attempts.

Edited by High5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Awesome.  I've been wanting him on the Hawks for a few years now, I'm happy to hear this.  

Anyone know how many years he's signed for?  32 ain't too bad.  He's probably got another good 3 years left playing 15-25 minutes.

1 yr vet min.

On the "Jack can't shoot" front, he has had two seasons of over 40% from 3. Bud probably thinks he can get him there again. He has spent most of his career on crappy teams, so that usually doesn't help the %'s. Let's just hope he fully recovers some time in 2016 so he can do work in 2017. 

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, KD88 said:

This is a great pick up, both on and off the court... Jack is one of the most respected guys in the league.   Hopefully, he can help Dennis like he helped Steph Curry

http://nypost.com/2015/12/05/why-stephen-currys-mvp-speech-humbled-nets-jarrett-jack/

And Curry's a free agent when, you say?.... *wink*

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Someone should let Budcox know that, based on what Delaney said in that interview w/ the Roanoke paper.

Didn't he also embellish his compensation in that article?

He's a PG like Lou Williams was a PG.  Have fun with that.

• Premium Member

I'm not necessarily disagreeing.... I honestly don't pretend to know either way, just as I don't pretend to know whether he was embellishing his compensation (...though I'd lean toward the likelihood that he's probably more right than wrong on that part--my guess is that there are some bonuses he's counting). Or, did something get reported that I missed?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1 yr vet min.

:(

At least give the man two years, one to fully recover and get up to speed, and the second year where you can actually reap the rewards of signing a guy coming off an injury.

Ooh, well.  One year better than none.  Show them why they need to sign you to another contract, Jack!

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Key here is we have a mentor for Dennis and a vet presence for the locker room ... Mature player that plays a smart game ... Feel bad for Patterson ... I guess this ends his play as an Atlanta Hawk ... Those other two point guards on the summer league roster are now playing for a spot on a different roster or Europe .

Pretty much. Patterson had his chance last year to impress. Sucks Hawks 2014 draft sucked.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I wouldn't be so sure that Jack is going to be ready....ACL injury recovery is 6 to 12 months.

This to me puts confidence in Delaney.

Right! I'm just glad Dennis will have a vet in his ear.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Patterson end up traded to the Nets at some point, to reunite with Atkinson. At least he knows the systems that Kenny will be running.

And when I say traded, I mean more like given to the Nets, with perhaps a swap of 2nd rounders or something like that.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Didn't he also embellish his compensation in that article?

He's a PG like Lou Williams was a PG.  Have fun with that.

Just because he can shoot very well and score doesn't mean he's a ballstopper just like Lou...

Also, Bud and staff have improved nearly every single player's game that has been on our roster the last 3 years. Why would we assume that Delaney won't be another one of those players that improves their game here? You act like the player we are getting is die-cast and impossible of improvement.

• Like 2