• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jarrett Jack to Hawks

Misha Owens

• Admin
1 minute ago, Pacman21 said:

He'll probably take the Hinrich role of only playing when Bud's pissed off with Schröder and Delaney 

Jack is still a good player ... He is a solid backup and until / if Delaney proves he is better then Jack will still be a great presence for the locker room

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I wouldn't be so sure that Jack is going to be ready....ACL injury recovery is 6 to 12 months.

This to me puts confidence in Delaney.

That does sound more like it, but I would suppose it's something that varies from patient to patient depending on the severity.

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Jack is still a good player ... He is a solid backup and until / if Delaney proves he is better then Jack will still be a great presence for the locker room

Except Jack may not be ready for the start of next season. He's being brought in purely to be a clubhouse/bench veteran guy unless he's ahead of schedule.

And Delaney is the backup PG.

• Admin
Just now, Lurker said:

Except Jack may not be ready for the start of next season. He's being brought in purely to be a clubhouse/bench veteran guy unless he's ahead of schedule.

That's fine ... He can help our two young point guards behind the scenes  until he can play

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I wouldn't be so sure that Jack is going to be ready....ACL injury recovery is 6 to 12 months.

This to me puts confidence in Delaney.

Gotcha, thanks for correcting. Hopefully he is closer to 6 months than 12 months. If we can hope for somewhere in between the 6-12 month recovery time it puts us mid-October.

8 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

He was playing pretty terribly before his injury, so I wouldn't expect much from him.  But for the minimum and with two other good options on the roster, it's a good signing.

FG%-wise.... yes. 13 points, 7.5 assists, 4.3 rebounds and 1.1 steals are solid numbers for a backup PG... especially for the minimum.  Jack is usually a 42-45% FG guy and i'm sure Bud will put him in the best situations for him to score efficiently.

• Like 2

Finally, a move that brought a smile to my face.  I love 200 lb PGs, and I didn't know he was from Baltimore.  Those guys almost always have an edge.  He's gonna be great for keeping Dennis in line and on task.  And at 32 there is much room for his game to grow under Bud.

• Like 1

Very pleased we have JJack...it's an easy name to type for the chatroom .  (shift JJ then over to the left for the "a"...across and low for the "c" and then finish to the right for the "k").

...if he can play some ball that would be a bonus too !!!

Edited by DJlaysitup
mistake
  • Like 1