• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jarrett Jack to Hawks

Misha Owens

7 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Right?  I'm just glad I won't see anymore 'Trade for Dwight' threads. Those got tiring...

You're gonna make me say it aren't you? Acquiring  Dwight was the 2nd most annoying threads I had to read every other day. But #1 was..

GREG MONROE...:-|

Hawks fan for life. Reading this thread and I had to log in.

I'm amazed at how unbelievably negative most of the people on this board are.  

Jarret Jack can still play and extremely well for a backup at his age, and for the minimum! If you think this is a bad signing you're an amazing idiot. 

And by the way Dwight Howard is a better center than Al "the magician" Horford.  Look at the numbers. Don't buy into the media's bull sh!t. 

I'm not saying we're getting passed the Cavaliers, but we're a better team than last year and we have a better chance of getting past them.

Oh and Schröder is going to be an all star.

Stop being negative F@$ks. You give Atlanta fans a bad name. Good day.

• Like 4

How can any life long Hawks fans be surprised that many of our fans are overly negative? I try to remain optimistic and I'm thrilled with our offseason but I've been a die-hard fan for 31 years now and we haven't sniffered a championship in all those years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

This was exactly the kind of pick up I wanted a seasoned vet pg to mentor our young PG in practice and be a coach from the bench and give us some quality minutes as he works back into shape.   I think he will be great for Dennis and Delaney (who has a lot of pro experience if not NBA experience.    Cheap signing for a player who could make a real impact.

• Like 2

Delaney seems like a great spot-up shooter for all the driving wings and 2 guards on the bench-time roster(the rookies and Baze/Thabo). Thats an element that can adjust quickly to the NBA. While Jack would be great for taking on agressive PG's like Lowry or Delladova.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

I think the great thing about Jack is the confidence level. He's not scared of anybody. He didn't seem scared on a lousy Nets team, imagine how fearless he will be with us. :-)

• Premium Member

I think we're going to need Jack the assistant coach on the floor.  Mainly because... when I look at Dennis and Delaney, I see two guys who can pass but is more likely to shoot.  Jack will be there to let them know that the offense can work and we are not reliant on them to shoot all the time.   You have to feed Paul and Howard.  

• Like 3

Not much doubt that Jack is good coaching material for us. Think since he probably will be healing up or getting into game shape in the early season he will have the offensive and defensive schemes pretty much down before he hits the floor. Don't think there will be the usual bumps in the road because of our steep  learning curve here for him. Getting him for minimum is a real surprise with or without that recent injury to me. Remembering about a week ago  wondering if we could even afford Jack and/or Humph on our roster. Things really worked out. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I think we're going to need Jack the assistant coach on the floor.  Mainly because... when I look at Dennis and Delaney, I see two guys who can pass but is more likely to shoot.  Jack will be there to let them know that the offense can work and we are not reliant on them to shoot all the time.   You have to feed Paul and Howard.  

Oh, I think if that becomes an issue, they'll get the message from Bud.... because Jack will be in the game eating up their minutes.

But that said, I don't think it becomes an issue, at least for Dennis. He wouldn't have been handed the keys if there wasn't confidence that he is and will be as much a wiling distributor as a willing scorer.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is humorous to me because Nets' fans were complaining for several years that Jack is a shoot-first guard. Hopefully it was just a system issue.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

'Jack-em up Jarrett'??  He's not a pass 1st PG either,  he also shoots first.

Dennis 1st option frim the bench was to change tempo and score more. His role changes as the starter. In the games he's played as a starter from what i  can remember he did an adequate job job running the offense and setting up teammates.

2 hours ago, mrhonline said:

This is humorous to me because Nets' fans were complaining for several years that Jack is a shoot-first guard. Hopefully it was just a system issue.

If he didn't, who would? Lol.

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

'Jack-em up Jarrett'??  He's not a pass 1st PG either,  he also shoots first.

Dennis 1st option frim the bench was to change tempo and score more. His role changes as the starter. In the games he's played as a starter from what i  can remember he did an adequate job job running the offense and setting up teammates.

I completely agree with what you said.  Dennis's role with the second team and as a sub with the 1st team was to bring offense and aggressiveness.    He was the number one option for a scorer with the second team.   I think his play style as the starter will be very different and we will see more initiating the offense and less "instant offense" type play.   

I think his dribble penetration ability will make the pick and role with a player like Dwight that can go hard to the rim will be deadly.  Horford hung out at the top of the key looking for a kick and pop jumper (which he had the skill to do) but Dwight will aggressively move to the basket so the defense can't collapse on dribble penetration with out leaving his lane access open.

i think we will see several monster high light dunks and kick out three's next year with this combo.  Baze's athletism and ability to attack the rim  and Saps ability to stretch the D will only make this even harder to defend.

Lets all wait and see what Bud asks asked Dennis to do next year and see how his play changes.

Korver and Delaney could also be a nightmare  from deep next year if the defense packs the lane to stop dribble penetration and Dwight rolling hard to the basket.

Jack has experience playing this role so he will be a good mentor and coach from the bench for Dennis as well.

i never played anywhere close to NBA level ball but I know when I didn't worry about the starter coming right back in made me play under more control and more confident so I hope Dennis does the same.

we have a lot of questions but I'm super excited to start the season and see what Bud does with this new skill set our team has now.

Pop's system always thrived with a traditional center and pg that can drive so I think Bud will know how to use his players strengths. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...