• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jarrett Jack to Hawks

Misha Owens

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, mrhonline said:

I'd say that's debatable.  Diehard Nets' fans hated him, FWIW.  At this price, he's about as good as you're going to do.

I'd hate Jack if he was my starting PG too... but as a backup he is up there with the best of them. Of course at his age and coming off of injury we will have to wait and see how much he has left. 

Good signing .
AwesomeDancing-1449567754.gif

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Patterson end up traded to the Nets at some point, to reunite with Atkinson. At least he knows the systems that Kenny will be running.

And when I say traded, I mean more like given to the Nets, with perhaps a swap of 2nd rounders or something like that.

Do they even have any picks left ? 

I've always loved Jack. Just found this lil quote that reminded me why I've always loved him.

At his MVP acceptance speech last year, Curry was asked which leader he learned the most from, Curry stated, "Jarrett Jack had a big influence on me here[in Golden State]."

Nice. Maybe Delaney can take a Korver type role at times and switch things up together with THJ...whovever has the hottest hand. We missed scorers last year on the wings, specially off the dribble.  Also the Hawks surely have become beefier with this new roster and less lethargic. Hope things come together. Hope Dennis feeds Howard one time to often than one time to few to keep his ego on board and maybe grow in to an Orlando role of sorts again.

Interesting season comming up.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

29 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Nice. Maybe Delaney can take a Korver type role at times and switch things up together with THJ...whovever has the hottest hand. We missed scorers last year on the wings, specially off the dribble.  Also the Hawks surely have become beefier with this new roster and less lethargic. Hope things come together. Hope Dennis feeds Howard one time to often than one time to few to keep his ego on board and maybe grow in to an Orlando role of sorts again.

Interesting season comming up.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Jack has been used in a small lineup before and we could do that again here with him or Delaney.

I love the versatility we have to go big or small. 

8 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

:(

At least give the man two years, one to fully recover and get up to speed, and the second year where you can actually reap the rewards of signing a guy coming off an injury.

Ooh, well.  One year better than none.  Show them why they need to sign you to another contract, Jack!

It's in Jack's best interest to sign for one year since he's coming off an injury.  Next year the cap rises again, if he's healthy he can cash in.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's in Jack's best interest to sign for one year since he's coming off an injury.  Next year the cap rises again, if he's healthy he can cash in.

That's true. I honestly hoped we would have signed him to a two year. I just think that we will be very happy with him. I don't think his injury will play a big role in diminishing his effectiveness as it would other players. Jack doesn't really rely on his athleticism,  it's more about skill with him. That's why I'm not really worried about the injury or his age. Perfect backup point guard, perfect leadership on and off the court. 

I honestly cannot love this move any more than I do. I have to admit losing Horford scared me a bit due to his lockeroom leadership and presence but a move like this more than makes up for it in my mind. 

Im gonna predict a 6th man of the year candidate as well as the Walter citizenship award candidate. 

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yup that's the article that I posted the quote from 7 posts ago. I saw a lotta games with Jack in the Bay (not box)...he helped Curry a lot as well as kept Curry off the floor because of his stellar play. Jack and Landry were the ones who started the Warriors resurgence a few years ago. Both were playing out of their minds. It ended with a second round loss to the Spurs but they were a tough out.

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I've always loved Jack. Just found this lil quote that reminded me why I've always loved him.

At his MVP acceptance speech last year, Curry was asked which leader he learned the most from, Curry stated, "Jarrett Jack had a big influence on me here[in Golden State]."

That's impressive.   Bet he does coach later on 

Just now, DrReality said:

That's impressive.   Bet he does coach later on 

Yup...we get Jack and Korver sitting next to Bud in 3 years I'm happy :-)

• Premium Member

There should be a 16th roster slot just for a player-coach.

I like everything about this, except for the opportunity cost.... I really think the NBA more than the NFL or MLB is a young man's game, and I really think we're potentially going to bump off the roster someone who can truly help us in a bigger way and for a longer period of time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrYellow said:

Delaney. Is. Exactly. A. Point. Guard.

He's not a playmaker, he's a PG, like more than 90% of nba's PG.

10 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Just because he can shoot very well and score doesn't mean he's a ballstopper just like Lou...

Also, Bud and staff have improved nearly every single player's game that has been on our roster the last 3 years. Why would we assume that Delaney won't be another one of those players that improves their game here? You act like the player we are getting is die-cast and impossible of improvement.

Same comment to you both.  We should be in wait-and-see mode on him.  Folks are speaking of him as if it's a done-deal that he's going to solve/solidify our PG rotation.  I'm dubious on that.

• Premium Member

I'm happy with our lineup.   I don't know how the Sf will happen, but we have good vets and up and coming young players on this team.  This is going to be a Bud coaching job.   People say top 3 in the East.  I think we're better than that. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm happy with our lineup.   I don't know how the Sf will happen, but we have good vets and up and coming young players on this team.  This is going to be a Bud coaching job.   People say top 3 in the East.  I think we're better than that. 

I think Dwight's attitude will be kept in line now with Jack added.  We're as good as his back is healthy.