• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It is official

Sothron

18 hours ago, Sothron said:

http://www.hawksshop.com/jerseys/howard-road-swingman.html

I broke down and got a new jersey for our prodigal son. I could not resist. Heaven help me with that puke green color.

I was once like you, but i found a way to  overcome my hatred of the color.
The reason you are having a hard time accepting the volt green color is because you associate it with puke.
From now you should associate the color with this woman .
3916499ef4d92ab8f3cc880d91fbff83.jpg
:heya: works for me

Edited by pimp
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I can't understand the hate for the Volt green....I love it (then again I'm red green color blind).

Personal story: when I almost died of food poisoning many years ago on Christmas Eve. When I was in the emergency room in a wheelchair literally puking my guts out my wife asked the nurse to get someone to do something since I had been puking as soon as I could breathe for several hours. The nurse told her that I was ok until I started puking up "green stuff" that was bile straight out of the stomach. My wife told the idiot nurse I had been puking up "green stuff" for at least an hour by then. I was rushed back, collapsed and was unconscious for the doctor almost firing that nurse on the spot for not getting me back there sooner.

They managed to save me but that "green stuff" I was puking? The pure bile straight from your stomach? That is what Volt looks like. EXACTLY like that. This yellow green horrible crap straight from hell. Or in this case your stomach...which you only see coming out of your mouth when you are about to die from massive dehydration.

So that is why i will always hate that color.

• Premium Member

I got the jersey today in the mail already. Talk about fast shipping, eh?

What really got me was a hand written note on the invoice from hawksshop.com which is the team's official store. It thanked me for the purchase and for no additional charge they gave me a large Hawks flag for free. I mean...just gave me a flag that you could run up a flag pole or something sized flag that has the Hawks logo on it. I'm going to have to put it up on a wall in our house. I called and left a message with the store to thank me for their kindness.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I got the jersey today in the mail already. Talk about fast shipping, eh?

What really got me was a hand written note on the invoice from hawksshop.com which is the team's official store. It thanked me for the purchase and for no additional charge they gave me a large Hawks flag for free. I mean...just gave me a flag that you could run up a flag pole or something sized flag that has the Hawks logo on it. I'm going to have to put it up on a wall in our house. I called and left a message with the store to thank me for their kindness.

Did you end up getting the red alternate uni?

Im looking to get a road black one...I'm thinking Dennis or Prince. I would get a Sap as I love him but he's on the last year of his contract and I could get screwed. 

On July 15, 2016 at 1:23 PM, pimp said:

I was once like you, but i found a way to  overcome my hatred of the color.
The reason you are having a hard time accepting the volt green color is because you associate it with puke.
From now you should associate the color with this woman .
3916499ef4d92ab8f3cc880d91fbff83.jpg
:heya: works for me

Ok first off I'd like you to know I clicked "save image" on the pic....secondly WHO IS THAT?...I'm in love...:-|

On 7/15/2016 at 5:43 PM, Sothron said:

Personal story: when I almost died of food poisoning many years ago on Christmas Eve. When I was in the emergency room in a wheelchair literally puking my guts out my wife asked the nurse to get someone to do something since I had been puking as soon as I could breathe for several hours. The nurse told her that I was ok until I started puking up "green stuff" that was bile straight out of the stomach. My wife told the idiot nurse I had been puking up "green stuff" for at least an hour by then. I was rushed back, collapsed and was unconscious for the doctor almost firing that nurse on the spot for not getting me back there sooner.

They managed to save me but that "green stuff" I was puking? The pure bile straight from your stomach? That is what Volt looks like. EXACTLY like that. This yellow green horrible crap straight from hell. Or in this case your stomach...which you only see coming out of your mouth when you are about to die from massive dehydration.

So that is why i will always hate that color.

I hear ya. Myself, ruptured appendix and sepsis is what nearly killed me. Hurled plenty of that nasty bile. Still love the volt in those jerseys though :bad:

• Like 2

I can't bring myself to buy a Dwight jersey unless he becomes an all star. He has been a baby for 7 years so he has some making up to do before I buy anything Dwight.  Lol

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Did you end up getting the red alternate uni?

Im looking to get a road black one...I'm thinking Dennis or Prince. I would get a Sap as I love him but he's on the last year of his contract and I could get screwed. 

I got the dark grey one. I actually really like that color. I just can't stand the volt. If it had regular yellow it would like fantastic.

• Like 3

None of the jerseys for sale look as good as the ones actually worn by the team. I dont care if they do say "authentic" there's a different color to them that make them look like something from ninja turtles

Im still back and forth about them. I wish they would have led out the granite and used a silver instead and only as an accent. Volt and red dont look as bad together and white makes them mesh better but the charcoal black color just ruins it completely. They'd been better off with pure black

• Moderators
http://www.hawksshop.com/jerseys/howard-road-swingman.html

I broke down and got a new jersey for our prodigal son. I could not resist. Heaven help me with that puke green color.

If your puke is volt green then there are problems worse with ya than owning a Dwight swingman with those youthful, fresh colors on it. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk