2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With the next pick the JayBird Lady Squawkers select:

Jabari  Ali Parker:  PF, 6'-8" 250lbs, 21 years

His initial rookie season started off with him suffering an ACL injury.  In his 2nd season he put together a respectable season coming off the injury putting up 14.ppg and 5.2 rpg.  His defense needs work but surrounded by C Steven Adams and SF Paul George they should be able to offer a helping hand in covering some of his short comings om the defensive side.  On offense, he can be a bull in a china shop.  He is more athletic than given credit for especially if he can keep his weight in check.

With this pick, my starling lineup is complete along with the man at the helm:

Coach: Gregg Popovich

PG: Mike Conley

SG: Khris Middleton

SF: Paul George

PF:  Jabari Parker

C: Steven Adams

@AHF is up.

Nice pick ....I thought about Jabari but saw too much Melo in his game. My team can't wait to beat down your team Jay!

5 minutes ago, pimp said:

With the 91 pick in the 2016 Hawksquawk dynasty draft, the Atlanta Air Force selects..
                                                  ENES Kanter
          nba_u_ekant_cr__600x400.jpg    AGE 24   HT 6'11  WT 245 LBS
20:59 min   12.7 pts     8.1 reb   57.6 fg%    79.7 ft%

PER 36   21.7 PTS   13.9 REB

His per 36 numers are beastly, and with Ibaka and Durant gone , his usage and minutes should increase enough for
him  to come close to those numbers.
Has a nice touch on his 10 - 15 foot jumper/ turn-around jumper. Excellent scorer in the paint. He's a brick wall as a pick setter. Only 24 years old!
At beast on the boards. 8.1 rebounds in 21 minutes says it all! 
With Kanter and Anthony Davis together, there will be no second points allowed. They will gobble up every rebound.

Laying some serious girth down huh?...

:-|

• Moderators

Kanter is a good pick -- especially with Davis on your team who is a beast blocking shots and defending.  They should rock the boards and work well together.  Kanter's big liability is still his defense but he is very productive and young enough to keep growing.  I'm curious to see whether they will try to match Kanter and Adams up at all or will almost exclusively play them in relief of one another.

• Like 1

After working the phone lines tirelessly to move up in the draft to secure a specific player who would fit in seamlessly with the rest of the team, the Volt’s had all but moved on to Plan B, C, and D.  However, by some draft miracle, the player we coveted so much in the draft simply fell in our laps.  We couldn’t be happier with this pick….

With the 92nd pick in the draft, the Volts select Wesley Matthews – G/F.  Coming off of a torn ACL, Wes had a bit of a down year by his standards.  He did however still bring the same tenacity, defense, and 3 point shooting we have come to expect throughout his career.  Word on the street is his athleticism is making a comeback, and we expect nothing short of a big time bounce back season. 

As a result of this pick, we have decided to move Fournier to the 6th man role that will provide instant offense off the bench.  Matthew’s veteran leadership & play making ability when called upon will be a perfect complement to Steph & Favors to carry the offensive load & lock down the opposition on defense.  Depending on how the draft unfolds, there could be even more surprises internally within the rotation.  Stay tuned!

PG: Curry

SG: Matthews / Fournier

SF: Aminu

PF: Favors

C: Turner

@Alex is on the clock.

Edited by h4wkfan
  • Like 3

• Moderators

I've had Wesley in my queue for a while now - just not at the very top.  I think he has several more very good years and should see his 3pt% rebound next season.  I like it.

His game is based more on iq, his shot, and tenacity. I feel like he should age well in the league. Including a big jump this year being year 2 off the knee surgery.

Not to mention being a back court mate with steph is going to take a lot of pressure off of him. The perfect 3rd option. 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Alex said:

With the 93rd pick in the dynasty draft, the Whining Spartans Fan select:

The opposite of this Milwaukee Bucks legend...

day.jpg

Brandon Knight, PG/SG, Kentucky

hqdefault.jpg

No interview with the GM Alex Stubbs as he's working at his other job right now...but he can confirm that Deandre Jordan has promised to play nice.

KnbAFlv.jpg

@ViewsFromTheSquawk is next.

So close ... you just took my next pick 

• Like 1

With our selection Views selects...

Bismack Biyomboimage.jpeg

While undersized he is definitely one of the best rim protectors in the NBA today. We believe Bismack will bring fire,passion,and a whole lotta finger wagging to our already youthful and energetic frontcourt. And to all that thought he would drop some more all I gotta say is... 

image.jpeg

PG-DeAngelo Russell

SG-Russell Westbrook

SF-Gordon Hayward

PF-Julius Randle

C-Nikola Vucevic,Bismack Biyombo

@PSSSHHHRRR87 is up

• Like 4

• Admin

Well it looks like the Crew will continue its wait to make a pick as we agreed to a trade with the Buzzard ...

The Crew will be sending out picks 96 and 97 and in return will be receiving Victor Olidpo and 111.

Just now, Buzzard said:

@capstone21 and I have a trade. This is my first one, so what do we need to do?

When the picks come up you make your choices 

• Like 2

Just now, capstone21 said:

Well it looks like the Crew will continue its wait to make a pick as we agreed to a trade with the Buzzard ...

The Crew will be sending out picks 96 and 97 and in return will be receiving Victor Olidpo and 111.

When the picks come up you make your choices 

ok!

• Admin

Victor Olidipo is the perfect player for the Crew ...

He fits our mold of versatility/chemistry and as our 6th man he can fill in at the 1,2 or even 3 ... we had targeted him much earlier in the draft but was disappointed (but not surprised)  that he was taken before we had a chance to draft him.  We have solved that issue with a trade.

A hard nosed defender, Victor will also bring offense, ball handling and playmaking to our bench ... His 3 point shooting has been improving each season and this year we expect a big breakout for him.  He may be better then Barnes but I love the thought of him coming in from the bench to sub for any one of our multiple guys.

We are VERY EXCITED to be able to pickup this great player!

PG Reggie Jackson

SG Nicholas Batum 

SF Harrison Barnes

PF Al Horford

C Karl Anthony-Towns

6th Victor Olidipo

• Like 3