• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are you happy with Paul??

Diesel

Are you happy with Paul?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

When are we going to get an interview with Sap?   We've heard from dwight, dennis, baze, jack, korver, al, hump, but not from our All-Star and best player.   

Uhhhh,

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/millsap-on-trade-talk-not-first-time-wont-be-last/nr8CG/

Millsap on trade talk: Not first time, won’t be last

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/millsap-gives-back-with-backpacks-school-supplies-/nr79R/

Millsap gives back with backpacks, school supplies to local students

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Sap is a class Act.   I would love to see more stuff with Sap, Baze, Korver and Howard...  These guys give back to the community and they play hard.  It would be a pity if the fans can't get behind this team!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Glad to hear he's excited about the changes and the upcoming season and thinks the Hawks will do great things.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/millsap-howard-should-help-hawks-floor-spacing/nr8Ts/

* On the overall roster changes: “Good moves. It should be a great year for us. We filled in the gaps that we needed to fill in. I think we’ve got a lot of young talent that is capable of being something special. Around the board, I think we did a good job of being able to compete in this league.”

* On losing Jeff Teague and Horford: “Al, congratulations on his new big contract. I know he’ll do well. It’s always tough to see your friends and teammates who you went to battle with through the year to leave and go somewhere different, especially in the East.”

* On Dennis Schröder replacing Teague at point guard: “Dennis and Jeff are two different players. Dennis is still learning. He’s on the rise. I think he knows what he needs to get better at. He knows what we want from him. Hopefully this year, he’ll put all together.”

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RandomFan said:

“Not my first time; not going to be my last,” Millsap said when asked about the trade talk by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Monday. “The business is the business. I don’t think anyone is OK with it but it is what it is. You have to accept it for what it is. I’m an Atlanta Hawk. I will be until further notice. I’m going to put everything on the floor to help this team and this community win.”

“It is what it is,” Millsap said. “I don’t dislike anybody in this organization. I still think they are stand-up people. I still think they are terrific people. Our relationship is going to be our relationship. We are still on good terms.”

*gasp* Are these low-key trade demands!  He doesn't "dislike" anyone in the organization, but does he "like" anyone in the organization?

Heh, it's the offseason.  Gotta stir thangs up right?

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

*gasp* Are these low-key trade demands!  He doesn't "dislike" anyone in the organization, but does he "like" anyone in the organization?

Heh, it's the offseason.  Gotta stir thangs up right?

Stop being a yenta @kg01

Yenta Yenta Yenta!!!!

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Stop being a yenta @kg01

Yenta Yenta Yenta!!!!

A what-now?  Aye T-mac, whatchu think about that?

Trump Faces

I feel ya, bro.  Sound like immigrant talk. #MakeHawksquawkGreatAgain

• Moderators

Three takeaways from this:

(1)  Stevie K lied to us.  Burns some of the trust there.

(2)  There won't be any loyalty discount come contract time.

(3)  Hawks management was apparently going to settle for resigning Horford and trading Sap for parts instead of trying to capitalize on a monster front line.

I'm not a fan of any of those things.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Three takeaways from this:

(1)  Stevie K lied to us.  Burns some of the trust there.

(2)  There won't be any loyalty discount come contract time.

(3)  Hawks management was apparently going to settle for resigning Horford and trading Sap for parts instead of trying to capitalize on a monster front line.

I'm not a fan of any of those things.

What do you mean by #1?

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

A what-now?  Aye T-mac, whatchu think about that?

Trump Faces

I feel ya, bro.  Sound like immigrant talk. #MakeHawksquawkGreatAgain

It means you are trying to stir up the pot with your little girl gossip on Sap. Leave the man known as lunch pail alone Sabrina the gossip teen witch...

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

He said on the radio that we wanted to keep all 3 and didn't shop Sap.

He'll probably argue semantics saying that teams contacted them about Sap.   I agree though that's a dumb thing to say when it obviously isn't true.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He'll probably argue semantics saying that teams contacted them about Sap.   I agree though that's a dumb thing to say when it obviously isn't true.

He can split hairs but to me the main point that bought management credibility was that they wanted to have the super frontcourt with all three of them.  I thought that was the right move.  See if you can contend with 3 All-Stars on your front line.  

Sap's unhappy good soldier comments dispel that notion for me and lend credibility to all the reports that we were trying to flip him for parts and/or picks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

It means you are trying to stir up the pot with your little girl gossip on Sap. Leave the man known as lunch pail alone Sabrina the gossip teen witch...

Well, I was half-kidding.  Your pal AHF seems to think PaulSap's comments indicate he's not quite 100% happy so I guess he's "Sabrina" here.

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think @AHF is the one whining about semantics.  Did anyone really believe PaulSap wasn't "shopped" to some degree despite Koonin's comments to the contrary?  It was always a question of semantics and/or hair-splitting.  No need for anyone to get their feewings hurt now that it becomes more evident.

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

He can split hairs but to me the main point that bought management credibility was that they wanted to have the super frontcourt with all three of them.  I thought that was the right move.  See if you can contend with 3 All-Stars on your front line.  

Sap's unhappy good soldier comments dispel that notion for me and lend credibility to all the reports that we were trying to flip him for parts and/or picks.

C-Viv doesn't exactly go into detail on what exactly the "talk" was to give credence to any of the tomes that were written by outsiders that seemingly passed it off as though they knew exactly what kind of cheese Wilcox had in his omelette while supposedly on the phone with Denver.

The article reads like:

Vivy: "did you hear there were rumors about you?" 

Sap: "It's the NBA, there are always rumors"

Vivy: "yup.  Well it was good talking to you."

You know, It would be one thing if either Viv had ability/there was a story where questions such as "did Bud or Wilcox approach you that night and discuss that you might be on your way to (Denver)? "  "Did you get any calls from (Nuggets) management or teammates discussing your fit there/long term plans?" etc.

Something like that would have been definitive.  This kind of still leaves the door wide open.

• Like 3

• Moderators

It doesn't definitively slam the door but if Sap believes he wasn't shopped or believes it was the team's intent to keep him along with Al and Dwight I think he would say so instead of shrugging his shoulders.  So this makes a difference for me because I was pulling out my hair at the idea of not rocking that front court.

971d8f3700cfbd7aaeda25bc02e36b02.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Despite a number of trade rumors this offseason, Paul Millsap probably isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Paul Millsap was involved in a number of trade rumors this summer as the Atlanta Hawks looked to retool their roster. However, Millsap makes Steve Kyler’s list of players over at BasketballInsiders that likely aren’t going anywhere anytime soon despite being involved in a number of trade rumors.

Kyler writes that the only reason that Millsap available in the first place was because Atlanta was looking to clear space to retain Al Horford. As soon as Horford bolted for Boston, trading Millsap became extremely unlikely at least in the short term.

Now, much like many of the teams mentioned above, if the floor falls out from under the Hawks then moving Millsap might become a possibility. However, according to sources near the situation, Millsap has been assured he’s not going anywhere.

It wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility for the Hawks to explore a Millsap trade given his contract situation. Millsap has a player option for next season worth $21 million but is likely to opt out to seek a long term deal.

Still the Hawks are unlikely to even consider such a move until closer to the trade deadline and then only if the team is not performing up to expectations

A Lot Of Talk, Not Much Substance

In the NBA, they say you never say never because even the most ardent “no” can turn into a “yes” if the situation is right. That’s true in almost every facet of the game, from drafting and signing a player to hiring and firing a coach and, of course, deciding when to trade a player.

There are a few names that keep popping up in offseason rumors and while it’s always fun to speculate, there are some players who simply are not going anywhere (at least not yet).

Paul Millsap, Atlanta Hawks

The only reason Millsap’s name gets talked about in trade rumors is because the Hawks explored moving him to try and retain Al Horford in free agency. But with Horford gone, the Hawks continue to say Millsap is their guy. While he does have a $21 million player option for next season, the belief around the Hawks is that they are hanging on to him as the counter balance to newly acquired Dwight Howard.

Now, much like many of the teams mentioned above, if the floor falls out from under the Hawks then moving Millsap might become a possibility. However, according to sources near the situation, Millsap has been assured he’s not going anywhere.

The problem with hanging onto a guy who could be an unrestricted free agent is that you could lose him for nothing in return. And if the Hawks’ season goes sideways or they are among the bottom six to eight teams, changes might be the only way to jump start things.

How the Hawks play likely has more to do with the future of Millsap than anything.

If they play well, he may want to stay in his deal – even with the cap ballooning again in July.

Like Cousins, Millsap may be one of the few guys mentioned in this piece you may want to keep an eye on this season. But any trade talks involving the forward likely don’t become real until December or January when the Hawks really know what they are

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-a-lot-of-talk-not-much-substance/

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:36 AM, AHF said:

It doesn't definitively slam the door but if Sap believes he wasn't shopped or believes it was the team's intent to keep him along with Al and Dwight I think he would say so instead of shrugging his shoulders.  So this makes a difference for me because I was pulling out my hair at the idea of not rocking that front court.

971d8f3700cfbd7aaeda25bc02e36b02.jpg

Again, Koonin said on the radio that Millsap was never on the trade block, and the all the media hype was exactly that...media hype.