• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford is that Star

AHF

• Moderators

Just for sh**s and giggles:

1. Fact or Fiction: Al Horford is the star Boston's been looking for.

Chris Forsberg, ESPN.com:Fact. But beggars can't be choosers. The Celtics would have loved Durant to be the star they've been looking for, too. Still, Horford is such a perfect fit for Brad Stevens' team (especially the way the ball goes through the bigs on offense). Boston is outscoring opponents by 55.7 points per 100 possessions while Horford is on the floor through his first two preseason appearances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Boston is outscoring opponents by 55.7 points per 100 possessions while Horford is on the floor through his first two preseason appearances.

Even though Ainge stated that the Green backups were beating the Green starters on the floor? Guess the backups are outscoring opponents by 100 points per 100 possessions.  

• Like 3

Boston's "young" center will carry them to greatness!

Atlanta's "old" center will carry them into the lottery!

ESPN says so, therefore it has to be so.  Never mind that both are former all stars and they are

both the same age.  Celtic's center is "perfect" and the Hawk's center is "all washed up."

:angry2:

• Like 3

Well, I'll console myself by not worrying how to keep Al under contract and watching Tristan Thompson rebounding like Godzilla on him while he is waiting for a pass so he can take a three pointer whether we're on offense or defense. Pretty strange how bad it really did get but at least he's healthy right? Not even a scratch all season long.   

34 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's an article on frontpage yahoo right now talking about Horford. Part of it says that Horford is the post scorer the Celtics have needed. Horford....a POST SCORER. Who writes these things?

Man, I've been hearing all Summer how he's going to improve their interior toughness and be their rim protector.  I'm like, Alice must have the greatest agent in the history of mankind that all these eggsperts are believing this narrative over 9 years (well, more like the last 3-4 years) of tape that emphatically shows evidence to the contrary.

Alicia, a post scorer?  Alison as a #1/2 scoring option?  The guy with the demeanor to control Cousins (when BOS trades fish-heads, rice and the ghost of Kelly Olynk for him of course)?  The same Cousins that popped Alize in the mout' (yes, mout) multiple times with no response from sHorford?

Really?  I mean, really?  I got not problem with being a homer when the only folks who hear/read your nonsense are the fans of that team.  Putting this crap out for national consumption is tantamount to yellow journalism.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Man, I've been hearing all Summer how he's going to improve their interior toughness and be their rim protector.  I'm like, Alice must have the greatest agent in the history of mankind that all these eggsperts are believing this narrative over 9 years (well, more like the last 3-4 years) of tape that emphatically shows evidence to the contrary.

Alicia, a post scorer?  Alison as a #1/2 scoring option?  The guy with the demeanor to control Cousins (when BOS trades fish-heads, rice and the ghost of Kelly Olynk for him of course)?  The same Cousins that popped Alize in the mout' (yes, mout) multiple times with no response from sHorford?

Really?  I mean, really?  I got not problem with being a homer when the only folks who hear/read your nonsense are the fans of that team.  Putting this crap out for national consumption is tantamount to yellow journalism.

I've also read that Al has shot the ball well from 3 for the last 3 years!   

I think Al's agent realized that no one around the league or media actually watches Hawks games so they made up their own narrative.      It's easy it to do.   Like this :  "Girls loved me in high school."    See?  You have no idea.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I've also read that Al has shot the ball well from 3 for the last 3 years!   

I think Al's agent realized that no one around the league or media actually watches Hawks games so they made up their own narrative.      It's easy it to do.   Like this :  "Girls loved me in high school."    See?  You have no idea.   

Paul Millsap plays for and Al Horford played for Atlanta Hawks.  "I got all de boards for the Hawks.  Like dat, macd?"

I mean, I just don't get it.  Are folks saying we were putting a stranglehold on his career or something?  They talk about him like he's LeBron Curry or something.  They called him an average player last year (literally.  Lookin' at you Heihnson or however it's spelled).  Now he's a savior?  #HorfOrated

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

There's an article on frontpage yahoo right now talking about Horford. Part of it says that Horford is the post scorer the Celtics have needed. Horford....a POST SCORER. Who writes these things?

Apparently Karl Malone left our team as a FA. Speaking of which....aaahhh I don't have the energy for another comparison debate ...sorry supes..actually hearing the word debate kind of saddens me in general. Lol

18 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Apparently Karl Malone left our team as a FA. Speaking of which....aaahhh I don't have the energy for another comparison debate ...sorry supes..actually hearing the word debate kind of saddens me in general. Lol

Oh you didn't know?  We lost Kareem Abdul Chamberlain this offseason.  How will we ever recover since, ya know, he was so great that he led us to back-to-back-to-back-to-back titles and all that?