• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RJ Hunter Anyone?

HawkItus

Since his three is only good from the college three point line (just ask the Green) he will probably be loved in Europe. If he signs in our league he may be just delaying the inevitably long flight across the pond. 

It's not the bigger NBA 3 point line that hurts this guy if you know a bit about him. He took a lot of bad shots in his last year at Georgia State, and I really mean a lot.

Anyway I think his defense is questionable, so his only quality is being a scorer.

Edited by Lurker

8 hours ago, capstone21 said:

We still couldn't sign them

Yes we can.

You can sign players to a DL contract if you have a team.

At the moment, the Hawks can only assign players from their 15 man roster to the DL, they have NBA contracts.

• Premium Member

We need to go get Archie Goodwin. If Bud thought enough of THJr to trade a 1st for him, he should really like Goodwin's potential. Archie hurt himself by leaving school too early, but the kid has skills that could help the Hawks offensively.

15 minutes ago, hawkman said:

We need to go get Archie Goodwin. If Bud thought enough of THJr to trade a 1st for him, he should really like Goodwin's potential. Archie hurt himself by leaving school too early, but the kid has skills that could help the Hawks offensively.

Nah, guy can't shoot.  I don't even think he'd be a good Euro pro.  We all bang on THJr but even he's accomplished and shown more in the league than either of Goodwin or Hunter.

RJ Hunter isn't done. He will find a home in the league soon enough. There's no way that you can shoot the rock like he can, have decent size, be the son of a bball coach and not make it. 

If we had room id totally want him. Pair any shooter with Bud and I'm very excited.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

RJ Hunter isn't done. He will find a home in the league soon enough. There's no way that you can shoot the rock like he can, have decent size, be the son of a bball coach and not make it. 

If we had room id totally want him. Pair any shooter with Bud and I'm very excited.

Struggled with NBA 3,  He's tall but skinny, a lightweight, so he struggles defensively.

18 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

If all you can do is shoot stationary college-3's and play defense like a folding chair, there's no place in the league for you.  That said, I was moreso referring to Goodwin when I said he's under Euro caliber (just in case that wasn't clear).

Hunter will putt around the league like Anthony Morrow has although Morrow is much better than him.

I just find it hard to believe that a 6'5" shooting guard and a first round pick isn't going to make it somewhere. He just needs to get in the weight room and add 15 pounds.

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I just find it hard to believe that a 6'5" shooting guard and a first round pick isn't going to make it somewhere. He just needs to get in the weight room and add 15 pounds.

We talkin' Jeremy Lamb again?  Oh, no wait, wait, we're talking Hunter again. Sorry.

Seriously though, Hunter struggled with the NBA 3 so it's not automatic that he's this great shooter.  Plus he's under-athletic.  It's not just skrength/weight.

You mean this shooter?

Regular season[edit]

Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
2015–16 Boston 36 0 8.8 .367 .302 .857 1.0 .4 .4 .1 2.7
Career 36 0 8.8 .367 .302 .857 1.0 .4 .4 .1 2.7

Playoffs[edit]

2016 Boston 5 0 8.2 .222 .200 .000 1.2 .6 .0 .2 1.0
Career 5 0 8.2 .222 .200 .000 1.2 .6 .0 .2 1.0

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We talkin' Jeremy Lamb again?  Oh, no wait, wait, we're talking Hunter again. Sorry.

Seriously though, Hunter struggled with the NBA 3 so it's not automatic that he's this great shooter.  Plus he's under-athletic.  It's not just skrength/weight.

Lol Lamb isn't done yet ...:-/

I just think it would be fun for the Hawks to pick up an x Celtic and make him an all star. Not like it's gonna make up for the Bill Russell trade but it's a start. Lol. 

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You mean this shooter?

Regular season[edit]

2015–16 Boston 36 0 8.8 .367 .302 .857 1.0 .4 .4 .1 2.7
Career 36 0 8.8 .367 .302 .857 1.0 .4 .4 .1 2.7

Playoffs[edit]

2016 Boston 5 0 8.2 .222 .200 .000 1.2 .6 .0 .2 1.0
Career 5 0 8.2 .222 .200 .000 1.2 .6 .0 .2 1.0

Yikes! Young guy struggled wow.