• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

As a fan of Adreian Payne, I hate to say it

sturt

• Premium Member

... but as a fan of the Hawks, not so much.

Minnesota really helped us out by making that deal for their 2018 #1.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/10/27/report-timberwolves-declining-adreian-paynes-fourth-year-option/

Heck, if he blossoms this season, we potentially could even bring him back. :)

35 minutes ago, hazer said:

When you have balls enough to admit and move on from your mistake, the last thing you do is make it twice :negative:

I never understood why they draft him. Hawks had Millsap and Horford as starters and Scott and Antic holding it down at C. Then, they drafted Tavares in the same draft which makes it even more confusing.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced that forward Adreian Payne will be sidelined indefinitely while being treated for a condition of low platelet count (thrombocytopenia). Payne, who is receiving care under the guidance of Wolves team physicians, is currently resting comfortably at home. Payne’s prognosis for recovery is good and he will return to the court when it is deemed safe for him to do so.

viaNBA.com

GET WELL!!

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:14 PM, BigDog90 said:

I never understood why they draft him. Hawks had Millsap and Horford as starters and Scott and Antic holding it down at C. Then, they drafted Tavares in the same draft which makes it even more confusing.

exactly I hated that pick from the moment he was announced and I couldn't rationalized that pick at all. We had a DIRE need at SG/SF (still do). we also had 4 bigs on the roster with the exact same skill set and not to mention he was an old fart for a rookie. Like 23?.

Just another draft blunder in our long history.

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 6:14 PM, BigDog90 said:

2 hours ago, yungsta said:

exactly I hated that pick from the moment he was announced and I couldn't rationalized that pick at all. We had a DIRE need at SG/SF (still do). we also had 4 bigs on the roster with the exact same skill set and not to mention he was an old fart for a rookie. Like 23?.

Just another draft blunder in our long history.

IIRC, Millsap was in the final year of his 2 year deal? There was rampant speculation that he might be traded in the last year of his deal,  yada yada yada.  I remember all the 'we signed Millsap to trade him' mantra on here. 

Mike Scott was also a free agent.

So I get why DF wanted a PF under the assumption that Millsap would be traded which would mean DMC would be back.

In hindsight he was a bad player but at least the Hawks realized early and cashed out. 

15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IIRC, Millsap was in the final year of his 2 year deal? There was rampant speculation that he might be traded in the last year of his deal,  yada yada yada.  I remember all the 'we signed Millsap to trade him' mantra on here. 

Mike Scott was also a free agent.

So I get why DF wanted a PF under the assumption that Millsap would be traded which would mean DMC would be back.

In hindsight he was a bad player but at least the Hawks realized early and cashed out. 

I wish that MINN '18 1st was unprotected. 

6 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

So do I but, it's a 1st for 2018, 2019 and 2020 - If Minny can't make the playoffs in the next 3 years they are royally screwed with the number of top picks they currently have.

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So do I but, it's a 1st for 2018, 2019 and 2020 - If Minny can't make the playoffs in the next 3 years they are royally screwed with the number of top picks they currently have.

That is true. I didn't think about that. No excuse for them. Got a top coach and 2 legit #1 picks. 

• Premium Member
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:01 AM, BigDog90 said:

For Payne?? Cmon. We were lucky to get any kind of first for him. I hated that pick the second we made it. I can't stand old rookies and he was completely unimpressive in college let alone the NBA.

• Like 3

Some misses on draft day just make me sick

Hood or Harris were so obvius decissions instead of Payne

Same for Dieng instead of Bebe..

I am not talking about missing on Gobert or Jokic or Daymond Green, that was not obvius and were great hits by those teams, but Harris, Hood or Dieng were ranked ahead of this players by nearly every expert...

Now we could be 

Schröder, Baze, Hood, Milsap, Howard

Felder, Timmy, Prince, Humph, Dieng....

Better if we do not thunk about it...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Some misses on draft day just make me sick

Hood or Harris were so obvius decissions instead of Payne

Same for Dieng instead of Bebe..

I am not talking about missing on Gobert or Jokic or Daymond Green, that was not obvius and were great hits by those teams, but Harris, Hood or Dieng were ranked ahead of this players by nearly every expert...

Now we could be 

Schröder, Baze, Hood, Milsap, Howard

Felder, Timmy, Prince, Humph, Dieng....

Better if we do not thunk about it...

If we had Hood, Bembry, and Thabo I would hope there wouldn't be any reason for Baze to still be here.