• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Klay Thompson to ATL?

BigDog90

If the Warriors are looking at their salary position they may determine they can't keep Curry, Draymond, Durant & Klay.   They are depleted on the bench.   No clue if the trade works under the CBA but they might be interested in Tiago to give depth at center, Korver to replace some of Klay's outside shooting, and some picks to get lower priced players.    They would get some benefit from that trade in financial flexibility, better depth at center, and the chance to go find another Klay or Draymond in the draft.   

I think Thompson would be a nice fit here in the system and he wouldn't have to be the "man" with Sap and our balanced scoring...

Again this idea only works if the Warriors don't think they can keep all four and Klay is the piece they value least.

i also think another team could put together a better deal though.

4 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

If the Warriors are looking at their salary position they may determine they can't keep Curry, Draymond, Durant & Klay.   They are depleted on the bench.   No clue if the trade works under the CBA but they might be interested in Tiago to give depth at center, Korver to replace some of Klay's outside shooting, and some picks to get lower priced players.    They would get some benefit from that trade in financial flexibility, better depth at center, and the chance to go find another Klay or Draymond in the draft.   

I think Thompson would be a nice fit here in the system and he wouldn't have to be the "man" with Sap and our balanced scoring...

Again this idea only works if the Warriors don't think they can keep all four and Klay is the piece they value least.

i also think another team could put together a better deal though.

@ThomasCredle  You'll need to add someone like Mike Scott's salary to make the numbers work.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@ThomasCredle  You'll need to add someone like Mike Scott's salary to make the numbers work.

I wouldn't mind throwing in Scott to make that deal work especially with the way Moose is playing this year.  Are Scott's legal issues cleared up where the Warriors would want him

Just now, ThomasCredle said:

I wouldn't mind throwing in Scott to make that deal work especially with the way Moose is playing this year.  Are Scott's legal issues cleared up where the Warriors would want him

Scott's case has been postponed, no new date set.  My guess his case will be heard in the offseason.

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, AHF said:

He was in the mix with Clyde Drexler, Dan Majerle, Joe Dumars, and Reggie Miller (and possibly a few others) in that next tier of people a long way short of Jordan.  Really good player but not a franchise/MVP type of guy.  While it wasn't purely his fault that his teams never won anything of any note (credit Sacto management first and foremost), he had plenty of time to show he could drag a subpar team into the playoffs but he only made the playoffs once as the #1 guy and only won 1 game during that series.  I think the comparison is fair.

It isn't often that you and I completely disagree but this is one of those times. Mitch was a superstar stuck on a horrible, horrible franchise. Clyde's best years were already behind him when Mitch was coming into his own. Those other guys were a clear step down from Mitch's all around game.

The best Klay comparison is the one I gave earlier: Joe Johnson.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It isn't often that you and I completely disagree but this is one of those times. Mitch was a superstar stuck on a horrible, horrible franchise. Clyde's best years were already behind him when Mitch was coming into his own. Those other guys were a clear step down from Mitch's all around game.

The best Klay comparison is the one I gave earlier: Joe Johnson.

I think Mitch was only a little better than Joe so I'm good using the Joe comparison as well.