• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Klay Thompson to ATL?

BigDog90

• Admin
Just now, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I'd do a Sap for Klay deal.... but I don't see how Sap would fit in GSW considering they already have a PF in Green. What I heard is a 3-team deal including the 76ers+Noel. But like it's stated above it's all just rumors. 

of course you would do Sap for Klay but they wouldn't.

Klay has huge value in this league whether it is completely deserved or not.  If he is traded it will be for players that will make sense for the Warriors to continue their championship run.  No Dwight would not get it done either.  They will want a young stud at center or stars at another position that makes sense.

Our assets are either above 30 about to be a free agent or at a position that they are set at (Point Guard) ... if Klay gets traded which might make sense for the Warriros ... it will not be to Atlanta.

7 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Klay has huge value in this league whether it is completely deserved or not.  If he is traded it will be for players that will make sense for the Warriors to continue their championship run.  No Dwight would not get it done either.  They will want a young stud at center or stars at another position that makes sense.

Our assets are either above 30 about to be a free agent or at a position that they are set at (Point Guard) ... if Klay gets traded which might make sense for the Warriros ... it will not be to Atlanta.

Lord knows the Celtics make no sense simply because they have nothing of need either aside from draft picks, but if they want those they could deal with practically anyone. A place I think would be ideal for Klay AND the Warriors is Sacramento. This would send him relatively back closer to home on a team that can afford a refresh as well as gives GSW options (Boogie,Cauley-Stein) 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Lord knows the Celtics make no sense simply because they have nothing of need either aside from draft picks, but if they want those they could deal with practically anyone. A place I think would be ideal for Klay AND the Warriors is Sacramento. This would send him relatively back closer to home on a team that can afford a refresh as well as gives GSW options (Boogie,Cauley-Stein) 

For some weird reason its a no no to send within your own division.  I think Boogie would be a terrible fit there but talent wise it works ... 

On 11/14/2016 at 6:18 PM, Spud2Nique said:

As cap said we don't have the right assets. I think Bud would turn Klay into an even scarier player but it would have to mean giving up Millsap and parts. I don't want to help the Warriors in any way at all and I don't think other NBA teams should either. They have all the parts and they did it fair in square with free agency, but now they have to trade for bigs to succeed in the playoffs and I don't want to help them at all. 

As much as Klay could be our superstar on both ends for the next 10 years, I'm very weary of dealing with the Warriors.

If it didn't take Dennis Sap or Dwight I might but that's impossible because somebody has to go.

Polite pass...

Again though, if we got involved I'd love to land a Klay without question. To me, he's a top 15 player, possibly top 12 in the league, not to mention top 3 shooter in the league.

I don't think Klay is that high on the list. He is a really good scorer, but...

• Like 1

Everyone in that Warriors core from last year is signifigantly diminished when the chemistry changes or plays alongside other teammates.  That was one of the Top 3 fit teams I've ever seen.  Outside of his 13 three pointer game I haven't heard a national peep about Steph or Draymond since they traded necessary rim protection and hustle plays for luxurious scoring.

It's concicevable that outside of shooting of course we can get everything Klay can bring out of Prince.  If he could be a Jimmy Butler/Kawhi-type in 3 years (which I think he can) another older and much more expensive wing isn't even up for consideration.  Especially with Tim Junior splashing threes from Decatur.  I wouldn't mind Baze gone at all but we'd have to throw in the kitchen sink with him to acquire a true AS-caliber wing.  As one of the first building blocks of Bud's vision I think Kyle is needed on this team to achieve their goals but I'm still waiting for the day his move to the bench is official.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Outside of being in a system like ATL, GS, and SA I don't think Klay is as good as a number one option when teams are looking to stop him the most.

• Like 1

I'd pass. I'm excited for the Shredder, Blaze, Prince at the 1/2/3 days to come. Even more so if we draft a kick a$$ 4 as good as the Shredder/Prince picks this year.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 4:14 PM, BigDog90 said:

Supposedly this rumor is false but I could imagine if true, plenty of teams would be after Klay.

I noticed ownership has been getting really aggressive to improve their push for a championship in Atlanta - new training staff, new D-League team, bringing in Dwight. I could imagine they'd want another star in ATL if possible.

Would you be against if ATL made a move for an established star like Klay or should ATL stick with the vets (Korver/Baze/Millsap/Thabo) and developing young talent (Dennis, Delaney, Hardaway, Muscula)

NO. One main reason we have built this new team to be tougher all around from top to bottom not just from skillset but mindset and heart. Teague and Horford have undeniable skills but the one thing they lack is the same thing Klay lacks which is that heart and killer instinct. Curry has it. Durant has it. Green has it. So they can supplement Klay but as seen will still be flawed and vunerable to a team that has no supplement. What made the Celtics and Memphis so good last year was there heart and toughness. What made Jordan so dangerous was not just his skills because there were players just as skilled but his heart toughness and desire to win trumped his competitors. Same was true for Magic, Bird, Russell, Isaiah and so on.... Atlanta has had plenty talent and potential for awhile even in Josh, Joe and Crawford ages but the one thing we lacked is what makes the greats so dangerous and they inflict that on the rest of their team. 

I would possibly trade Korver and Splitter but that's only if I felt Klay could match Korvers will and heart and because of the age difference. We can't fall into the same trap or respect different results and we currently have skill and toughness. I wouldn't trade that for inconsistent talent and questionable heart. Been there, done that.

19 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

Any offer from a Warriors point of view starts with Dwight Howard (when he becomes eligible to trade) imo.

They are badly missing a defensive anchor after the departure of Bogut.

Howard for Thompson + Zaza.

1st off please take down your jersey it's offensive because you are not a Hawks fan to make a statement as such. We are now a true threat in rebounding and toughness which has been our biggest deficiency and your saying get rid of the main source who is from this town and fitting in like a glove. Boo this man lol... Seriously though this comment sounds very suspect as a true Hawks fan. Loved Zaza's tenure but he doesn't come close and Thompson isn't a game changer even as an improved scorer. Thompson doesn't make Millsap, Schröder or anyone else on our team better and Korver/Thabo combo in stride could easily replace Thompson's contributions but I know both of them would play with more hunger regardless. Why would you improve a team already using cheatcodes? SUSPECT FAN IS WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE. Admittance is the 1st step so I'll be the 1st to admit you don't give your opposition the keys to destroying you. Klay < Dwight for our team. We have Korver, Thabo, THJ, Kent, Prince, Bembry. Thompson would be redundant and Zaza irrelevant to Dwight. With all those shooters, rebounders and dominance in the paint is key. 

21 minutes ago, sillent said:

NO. One main reason we have built this new team to be tougher all around from top to bottom not just from skillset but mindset and heart. Teague and Horford have undeniable skills but the one thing they lack is the same thing Klay lacks which is that heart and killer instinct. Curry has it. Durant has it. Green has it. So they can supplement Klay but as seen will still be flawed and vunerable to a team that has no supplement. What made the Celtics and Memphis so good last year was there heart and toughness. What made Jordan so dangerous was not just his skills because there were players just as skilled but his heart toughness and desire to win trumped his competitors. Same was true for Magic, Bird, Russell, Isaiah and so on.... Atlanta has had plenty talent and potential for awhile even in Josh, Joe and Crawford ages but the one thing we lacked is what makes the greats so dangerous and they inflict that on the rest of their team. 

I would possibly trade Korver and Splitter but that's only if I felt Klay could match Korvers will and heart and because of the age difference. We can't fall into the same trap or respect different results and we currently have skill and toughness. I wouldn't trade that for inconsistent talent and questionable heart. Been there, done that.

I don't know how my response went to this post but it was directed to the Dwight trade for Zaza and Thompson post. Thompson would be second tier to Joe Johnson on our team. Hate to say it but players are what they become because of their environment and Klay would be more go with the flow than superstar or star(maybe even allstar) in our environment just looking at our recent atlanta teams and that's exactly the culture we are trying to stray away from across the board. (NBA, NFL, MLB) Atlanta has always had talent and potential that has never played up to it because we've had finesse but lack of toughness and heart. Long story short. Passssssssssssss..... I've seen that replay and rather enjoying the new episode.

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Everyone in that Warriors core from last year is signifigantly diminished when the chemistry changes or plays alongside other teammates.  That was one of the Top 3 fit teams I've ever seen.  Outside of his 13 three pointer game I haven't heard a national peep about Steph or Draymond since they traded necessary rim protection and hustle plays for luxurious scoring.

It's concicevable that outside of shooting of course we can get everything Klay can bring out of Prince.  If he could be a Jimmy Butler/Kawhi-type in 3 years (which I think he can) another older and much more expensive wing isn't even up for consideration.  Especially with Tim Junior splashing threes from Decatur.  I wouldn't mind Baze gone at all but we'd have to throw in the kitchen sink with him to acquire a true AS-caliber wing.  As one of the first building blocks of Bud's vision I think Kyle is needed on this team to achieve their goals but I'm still waiting for the day his move to the bench is official.

Except for the Baze comment I will agree. Just like I felt like a fool with THJr comments early in the preseason Baze will come around. I've had my crow I don't want my fellow squawkers to be known for eating birds

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hazer said:

I'd pass. I'm excited for the Shredder, Blaze, Prince at the 1/2/3 days to come. Even more so if we draft a kick a$$ 4 as good as the Shredder/Prince picks this year.

Or C since Dwight could be a great mentor and will also be up in age as his contract expires since we didn't keep Edy. Dominance, Hustle, Heart and Talent doesn't hurt and is key to Championships. Especially in a league that's more glamour and fashion than toughness & intimidation. Almost everyone is super talented but they lose against the teams that have more heart, desire and will. Celtics and Memphis especially honestly should have sucked last year if talent was the biggest factor but they have been two of the best because of toughness. Alice makes them better talent wise but softer otherwise(Sorry mat be a little off subject but keeping it real & Teague with all his talent and the talent the Pacers got collectively aren't making the difference in the win column in an eye opening &/or positive way). I'm still a Teague but I feel like examples we can relate to will help get my point across. We are tougher, more heart and dominant across the board and even in our losses it will be evident that nothing comes easy against us. 

8 minutes ago, sillent said:

Or C since Dwight could be a great mentor and will also be up in age as his contract expires since we didn't keep Edy. Dominance, Hustle, Heart and Talent doesn't hurt and is key to Championships. Especially in a league that's more glamour and fashion than toughness & intimidation. Almost everyone is super talented but they lose against the teams that have more heart, desire and will. Celtics and Memphis especially honestly should have sucked last year if talent was the biggest factor but they have been two of the best because of toughness. Alice makes them better talent wise but softer otherwise(Sorry mat be a little off subject but keeping it real & Teague with all his talent and the talent the Pacers got collectively aren't making the difference in the win column in an eye opening &/or positive way). I'm still a Teague but I feel like examples we can relate to will help get my point across. We are tougher, more heart and dominant across the board and even in our losses it will be evident that nothing comes easy against us. 

I thought about C. But already having young/talented Shredder, Blaze, and Prince lined up for great things at 1/2/3, my thinking was draft the 4 in that equation then FA/trade for that killer 5. Since C's are so difficult and time consuming to develop...

Edited by hazer

10 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I don't think Klay is that high on the list. He is a really good scorer, but...

A 2 way player like Klay isn't top 12 or 15? Hmmm...not sure there are that many guys in the NBA who are better on both sides of the rock than him. 

14 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Well, he isn't that great on the boards or as a passer... I don't think he would be overly efficient as a clear cut number one guy.

Good points. Not the best rebounder or passer. He is a pretty stout 1 on 1 defender but possible that you are correct in him not being able to be a clear cut first option. Maybe he is having an great career due to Curry and Green. It's really hard to tell until he gets that opportunity. It's really hard to get that quarter last year vs Sac out of my head where he hit for 37 in a quarter and game 6 of OKC and how he just went off.