• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Klay Thompson to ATL?

BigDog90

Supposedly this rumor is false but I could imagine if true, plenty of teams would be after Klay.

I noticed ownership has been getting really aggressive to improve their push for a championship in Atlanta - new training staff, new D-League team, bringing in Dwight. I could imagine they'd want another star in ATL if possible.

Would you be against if ATL made a move for an established star like Klay or should ATL stick with the vets (Korver/Baze/Millsap/Thabo) and developing young talent (Dennis, Delaney, Hardaway, Muscula)

As cap said we don't have the right assets. I think Bud would turn Klay into an even scarier player but it would have to mean giving up Millsap and parts. I don't want to help the Warriors in any way at all and I don't think other NBA teams should either. They have all the parts and they did it fair in square with free agency, but now they have to trade for bigs to succeed in the playoffs and I don't want to help them at all. 

As much as Klay could be our superstar on both ends for the next 10 years, I'm very weary of dealing with the Warriors.

If it didn't take Dennis Sap or Dwight I might but that's impossible because somebody has to go.

Polite pass...

Again though, if we got involved I'd love to land a Klay without question. To me, he's a top 15 player, possibly top 12 in the league, not to mention top 3 shooter in the league.

Depends on what they would want in return for Klay.
We have a few  things to offer... they could choose some combination of these things 
Kyle Korver  as a replacement in the lineup
Our first round pick
The Minny pick
2016 Lottery pick Prince
2016 first round pick Bembry
Splitter
Hump
THJ
Baze

If the Hawks are convinced that that Millsap wont resign , then Klay for Sap could be an option to look at.

19 minutes ago, pimp said:

Depends on what they would want in return for Klay.
We have a few  things to offer... they could choose some combination of these things 
Kyle Korver  as a replacement in the lineup
Our first round pick
The Minny pick
2016 Lottery pick Prince
2016 first round pick Bembry
Splitter
Hump
THJ
Baze

If the Hawks are convinced that that Millsap wont resign , then Klay for Sap could be an option to look at.

We would have to trade Sap and our picks at the least. Too much. I rather do a Splitter for Rudy Gay deal.

• Like 2

First, it's a shame this has exploded the way it has.  I was listening when Scalabrine brought it up and he made it sound like it was a rumor he'd been told rather than a rumor from some rando, totally non-credible site.

To his credit though, he came out later on twitter to try to diffuse thangs.  Unfortunately the cat was outta the bag.

Just add this to the line of backward-a**, pro-Selltic rumors that keep coming out of that cesspool.  From Cousins to LMA to Hayward to any and every other player that might come available.  Somehow Selltic media "breaks" the rumor.  Awful.

Just now, kg01 said:

First, it's a shame this has exploded the way it has.  I was listening when Scalabrine brought it up and he made it sound like it was a rumor he'd been told rather than a rumor from some rando, totally non-credible site.

To his credit though, he came out later on twitter to try to diffuse thangs.  Unfortunately the cat was outta the bag.

Just add this to the line of backward-a**, pro-Selltic rumors that keep coming out of that cesspool.  From Cousins to LMA to Hayward to any and every other player that might come available.  Somehow Selltic media "breaks" the rumor.  Awful.

Ya...scal can throw rumors of Cousins, Klay, Lamarcus or whomever he wants...but it's not happening. Cuck the Feltics and their shit green colors. NO SOUP FOR YOU C's!!!!!!

IMG_6905.GIF

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya...scal can throw rumors of Cousins, Klay, Lamarcus or whomever he wants...but it's not happening. Cuck the Feltics and their shit green colors. NO SOUP FOR YOU C's!!!!!!

IMG_6905.GIF

It's not even just him though!  Jackie McMullen has been in on it.  Chris Mannix and there's one other guy who's had multiple "rumors" with deals slanted pro-Selltic.  It's ridic.

That's cause they have ass-ets.

The best thing about the guys on their rosters is the great contracts they have vs their production. If they were on any other team they'd be just role players.

• Admin

We have nothing they need ... Sap at 31 and free agency plus change will not get it done ... they will want a young star and quality picks in return as Klay has super high value in the league.  Also, Paul plays the same position as green so that doesn't make sense ... plus Brian Scalabrine is the worst thing about basketball on Sirius radio.

They should trade him though. There is only one basketball, and you already have Curry and Durant taking so many shots. Klay could be a #1 for at least half the teams in the league. If I was Klay's agent I would request a trade. Someone as talented as him has no business being the third wheel.

25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If they are trading him then we should get in the conversation.   These guys don't come along that often.     But, they aren't trading him.   

Unfortunately we don't have the assets to get into that discussion.  Wish we did.  I'd trade Millsap for him but it's not really a match.  Would they take Baze/Sap+ for him?  Hmmmm.  Prolly not but it's interesting.

2 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Wouldn't it suck if Ho-ford ended up in GS with Klay and Green in green...........

But no, apparently they're planning on acquiring Klay for a used net and some mint condition practice jerseys.