• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In Praise of Young Timmy

AHF

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You'll be doing one for Moose soon too, since you questioned picking up his option. :angel:

I would have been thrilled to pick up his option after the prior season.  Last season was putrid for him with no excuses in the way of health, transition, system, etc.

http://www.82games.com/1617/1617ATL.HTM  

Through the first 9 games (82 games is always a few games behind), the Hawks are +4.2 with Tim off the floor, +19 with him on. He has a win share of 77%.

Even crazier numbers belong to Howard and Delaney.  With Howard on the floor, his simple production rating is a 35.7 (best on team by far). His opponents 10.5.  With Delaney on the floor, his on court/off court differential is +25.  Schröder is = -26.  The offense is running far better with Delaney on the floor.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

http://www.82games.com/1617/1617ATL.HTM  

He has a win share of 77%.

Do you know exactly what that stat is?  It isn't win shares.  Delaney and Edy at 100%.  Dwight is at 66.7%.  Is it percentage of minutes that player is on the floor and we are winning?

Unfortunately Tim is going to become very expensive next year.

If Bazemore becomes our 2 guard next year (with Prince or a new acquisition at the 3), then Tim is too expensive as a back-up.  Kyle would be cheaper to resign as a back-up.

So, do we think about trading Tim, and if so, when?

Everyone will be expensive as we all have found out this year but I imagine the Hawks will make sure to capitalize on their development of Tim as long as he doesn't fall off a cliff. He will have slumps but his overall play has improved a great deal and he should keep getting better. The one two punch of Baze and Tim at SG next year would be strong and I'm feeling that might be the lineup at some point next season with how Prince looks at SF already with so little playing time.  

12 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Unfortunately Tim is going to become very expensive next year.

If Bazemore becomes our 2 guard next year (with Prince or a new acquisition at the 3), then Tim is too expensive as a back-up.  Kyle would be cheaper to resign as a back-up.

So, do we think about trading Tim, and if so, when?

He may be expensive, but I think his cap hit will only be $5.7M which is nothing for a starting 2-guard.

I definitely see THJ as our starting 2-guard next year with Kent still at the 3-spot. I think it will still be too early for Prince, especially with the way Bud's development works. Korver will be 36 next year and his contract is up after this year. It will be interesting to see if he retires or takes a generous deal to stay with the team for a year or more, but either way I think he will be a backup then.

• Like 1

With Kyle and his wife cranking out babies frequently I expect him to keep earning player money for at least a couple of years. He would be a pretty good bench piece for three point percentage shooting whether its five minutes or twenty a game. Needs to keep padding the future of his kids whether he does it here or elsewhere. Those coaching days can wait a little longer. 

17 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

He may be expensive, but I think his cap hit will only be $5.7M which is nothing for a starting 2-guard.

I definitely see THJ as our starting 2-guard next year with Kent still at the 3-spot. I think it will still be too early for Prince, especially with the way Bud's development works. Korver will be 36 next year and his contract is up after this year. It will be interesting to see if he retires or takes a generous deal to stay with the team for a year or more, but either way I think he will be a backup then.

Yeah, no matter who starts do believe if Tim is still here he and Prince will both see plenty of minutes. A good question that always teases us is where on the floor Baze will get most of his minutes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wow @AHF. It takes a big man to write that post. Also, kudos to Tim for working hard. I swear, from when he was a Knick to now...night n day.

Meh.  With the way Timmay's been playing, he had no choice but post a mea culpa of sorts or risk losing what little credibility he had left.

17 hours ago, AHF said:

I would have been thrilled to pick up his option after the prior season.  Last season was putrid for him with no excuses in the way of health, transition, system, etc.

Well it takes insight to make moovs to acquire/keep players before they breakout vs after they've broken out and are too eggspensive.

Oh, forgot to add, .... Boom.

Edited by kg01

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well it takes insight to make moovs to acquire/keep players before they breakout vs after they've broken out and are too eggspensive.

Oh, forgot to add, .... Boom.

That means more coming from a guy who voted to cut Moose this preseason.  Welcome to the club!