• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has Sap checked out on us?

HawkItus

5 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

He has had some good games, but I must admit it appears he is just going through the motions for long stretches.   Is it the trade rumors?  Contract?

I went in on him in chat and have posted a Sap Trade Ideas thread so I see the same things you're seeing.

He's either checked out or hurt.  If he's hurt he needs to sit.  If he's healthy, he needs to check himself.

Look if he's upset or doesn't want to play with Howard, he needs to be gone.  Is he upset at being the guy apparently designated to lead/play with the subs at times?  Either way, his play has been anemic lately.

Everybody keeps pointing the finger at Kiel, TradeBaze and Dennis but Sap is the one who typically has a favorable matchup most nights and he's just not taking advantage of it.  He's the one who's a borderline all-NBA level player and we're not seeing it.  Perhaps if he was playing up to his level, we wouldn't be relying on Kial and TradeBaze so much.

Maybe if he was leading them on both ends like he's capable of, we wouldn't be relying on Dennis to hit the ground running as a 1st time starter.

It's easy to say "blah, blah, Kyel's done" or "TradeBaze" but I think the reality is our leader isn't leading and the trickle-down effect is the inept play from others who are trying (ineffectively) to step up to pick up the slack.

Millsap:  You are the leader of this team!  Lead us.

Never mind.  D8 is now our leader.  You're just a player.

Really?  Just like that? 

And now, we wonder what's wrong?  Gee!

Dwight Howard is not the end all, be all, all star leader of the Hawks.

Sure, he's a FORMER all star and a good big man.  Because of his size,

he can do things others only dream about.

We all discuss which player should start where and who should be on

the bench.  Perhaps it's time to let D8 come off the bench!  Gasp!  Really,

Gray Mule, you wouldn't dare !  Hah!  Why not?  Hawks aren't winning

now.  Let Moose start.  Do some drastic moves.  Shake things up.  If the Hawks

aren't going to win any way, what could it hurt?  The feelings of D8 ?

Which would you rather happen - - Hurt some players feelings by making

them second stringers or continue like we are and being blown away in

every game?  You decide.

:angry:

15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Millsap:  You are the leader of this team!  Lead us.

Never mind.  D8 is now our leader.  You're just a player.

Really?  Just like that? 

And now, we wonder what's wrong?  Gee!

Dwight Howard is not the end all, be all, all star leader of the Hawks.

Sure, he's a FORMER all star and a good big man.  Because of his size,

he can do things others only dream about.

We all discuss which player should start where and who should be on

the bench.  Perhaps it's time to let D8 come off the bench!  Gasp!  Really,

Gray Mule, you wouldn't dare !  Hah!  Why not?  Hawks aren't winning

now.  Let Moose start.  Do some drastic moves.  Shake things up.  If the Hawks

aren't going to win any way, what could it hurt?  The feelings of D8 ?

Which would you rather happen - - Hurt some players feelings by making

them second stringers or continue like we are and being blown away in

every game?  You decide.

:angry:

Why exactly would you bring D8 off the bench?  He has the best PER, best rebounding, 2nd best scoring in 28 minutes a game which is tied for 3rd on the team.  How is he the issue?

22 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Why exactly would you bring D8 off the bench?  He has the best PER, best rebounding, 2nd best scoring in 28 minutes a game which is tied for 3rd on the team.  How is he the issue?

He kinda sucks and has no in between game. His game revolves around rebounding, blocking shots, dunks and the occasional steal and nothing else. He's limited as hell. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Not the issue but an issue (I think @Gray Mule was being tongue in cheek about the bench).

Dwight's  also very lazy on defense at times, and for the love of all that is holy - can he set a decent screen. For such a big guy he's really 'turrible' at it.  He's also a very reluctant screen setter unless he's getting the ball.

There is no denying his numbers are great but how do they translate in helping out his teammates.

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not the issue but an issue (I think @Gray Mule was being tongue in cheek about the bench).

Dwight's  also very lazy on defense at times, and for the love of all that is holy - can he set a decent screen. For such a big guy he's really 'turrible' at it.  He's also a very reluctant screen setter unless he's getting the ball.

There is no denying his numbers are great but how do they translate in helping out his teammates.

Guys are getting looks and more shot attempts from his rebounds.   From my observation guys aren't scoring at the rim.   They are getting in between shots and threes.   So either D8 abandons rebounding and other guys rebound better... Or maybe the rest of the team should pick up their defensive intensity.   As far as lazy defense that is starting unit issue. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Guys are getting looks and more shot attempts from his rebounds.   From my observation guys aren't scoring at the rim.   They are getting in between shots and threes.   So either D8 abandons rebounding and other guys rebound better... Or maybe the rest of the team should pick up their defensive intensity.   As far as lazy defense that is starting unit issue. 

We lack too much talent to defensive scheme and out work teams with Dwight in the fold. Dwight does bring value. We can't deny that but he bring a levy of issues.

13 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

I agree with that but even when we were playing better, Dwight is still a lazy defender, he refuses to move his feet and will reach instead. His overall team defense is still a work in progress.

He still can't set an effective solid  screen. 

Bench D8?  Why not?  This would not change his minutes per game.  Just

change, for a little bit, who was on the floor with him.  He might put new

life in the bench players.

But, But, it would hurt his ego !  Sure, and it might awaken the starters out

of their present coma, aka, sleepwalk.

D8 might sulk and pout.  Or, he might be OK with this.  Depends - Is he a team

player or is his ego too big to stand something like this?

We will never know because it's not going to happen.  His numbers are great !

So what.  His numbers are great BUT the Hawks are losing.