• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has Sap checked out on us?

HawkItus

24 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Sap is not playing anything like what we have seen from him. I almost hope it is an injury issue and not an attitude one.

I already warned you about how Horford made Sap, not the other way around. He is still playing his game. The impact from last year was all Al. Let Diesel tell it, Al was terrible and Sap was way better. Wrong and I told you so. He needs to be traded before he walks like Al did.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Paul should ideally be almost the perfect 4 to play with Dwight. He is a stretch 4 that also plays outstanding defense. Or at least he used to. Horford does not account for Paul's man on man defense or his ability to come over on weak side if needed.

That's just defense. Paul is killing us on offense as well. It is like he either does not know what to do or is giving such mediocre effort that the plays aren't executing like they should.

If he is pulling a Horford sulk routine in a contract year then he needs to go. I'm praying it does not come to that.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

F* those numbers, the issue is everything that matters in a possession. Not just the end product of rebounds, points and dunks. 

We need:

Defense in everything but interior defense.
Off ball Movement
BBIQ on both sides of the court
Screens
Winning reads
Shooting
PnPs
Passing
Agility
Quickness
Speed
Running the court
Fast break defense
Fast break offense
Free throws
Versatility
Can defend multiple positions
Can cover peoples ass for them and spring players open like Kyle and Tim

Well Humphries provides most of those so we have our answer.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

@AHF put the hex on Hardaway by creating a whole thread in support of him.   We have a wing issue and we have a turnover issue.   The turnover issue can be fixed.   The wing issue i don't know.     We need some offense and we need some shooters.  

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

He's still hidden behind people's hate for Dennis, Howard, Kyle, TradeBaze and even THJr to a degree (lookin' at you, @AHF)

His d-emergence has been pretty striking, primarily on defense.

Like you said, I'd almost prefer it if he's hurt.  That'd explain it.  However, if he's hurt he needs to sit.  And if he's hurt, it makes @JayBirdHawk look really bad for calling him a baby.

If he's not hurt, then we got bigger issues.

Check me out.  Within the 3 posts I went from being the source of Tim's downfall for giving him too much love and simultaneously haterading him.  

At least someone (very loosely) associated with the Hawks is showing some versatile skills during this slump.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I did mention about him having a heating pad or something last game....bkame @kg01 calling him a baby. Lol

In my defense, (a) I wasn't the one who posted the baby gif and (2) I always said if he's hurt he needs to sit.

On 11/29/2016 at 11:33 AM, Sothron said:

Paul should ideally be almost the perfect 4 to play with Dwight. He is a stretch 4 that also plays outstanding defense. Or at least he used to. Horford does not account for Paul's man on man defense or his ability to come over on weak side if needed.

That's just defense. Paul is killing us on offense as well. It is like he either does not know what to do or is giving such mediocre effort that the plays aren't executing like they should.

If he is pulling a Horford sulk routine in a contract year then he needs to go. I'm praying it does not come to that.

I'm curious to see how the Hawks can afford to keep him even if he wanted to stay.

Hawks signing Dennis to an extension may hurt them. 15 mil in cap space gone instead of keeping Dennis' small cap hold and just let Millsap be the big cap hold on the Hawks cap space while they sign FAs with the remaining cap space.

Korver, Hump, Thabo, Scott, Muscula will be FAs. I'm sure Thabo and Muscula are going to want raises. Probably will be a bidding war over Korver. Plenty of contenders would love to have him as a shooter off the bench. With the cap going up not going to get bargains like they did when they signed Carroll and Millsap in 2013. 

Edited by BigDog90

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

First knee, now hip...mmmmm?

If I was in his shoes I'd sit it out since he'll be the top realistic PF FA this summer (Blake isn't going anywhere). Although I wonder do he really care about winning a title in Atlanta. I already see he almost bolted to ORL last time just because they offered him more money at the time.

On 11/28/2016 at 9:44 AM, Gray Mule said:

Millsap:  You are the leader of this team!  Lead us.

Never mind.  D8 is now our leader.  You're just a player.

Really?  Just like that? 

And now, we wonder what's wrong?  Gee!

Dwight Howard is not the end all, be all, all star leader of the Hawks.

Sure, he's a FORMER all star and a good big man.  Because of his size,

he can do things others only dream about.

We all discuss which player should start where and who should be on

the bench.  Perhaps it's time to let D8 come off the bench!  Gasp!  Really,

Gray Mule, you wouldn't dare !  Hah!  Why not?  Hawks aren't winning

now.  Let Moose start.  Do some drastic moves.  Shake things up.  If the Hawks

aren't going to win any way, what could it hurt?  The feelings of D8 ?

Which would you rather happen - - Hurt some players feelings by making

them second stringers or continue like we are and being blown away in

every game?  You decide.

:angry:

Benching D8 would be a drastic decision and a rash one IMO. He came here to rebound and play defense and he has done just that. I don't think sending him to the bench would do us any good, especially if he is to be replaced by Muscala. 

If we're to make any starting lineup changes, it should be either Korver or Bazemore.

• Like 1