• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has Sap checked out on us?

HawkItus

Just now, HawkItus said:

More like hip injury is of the flexor variety.  Those can take weeks to heal.

Perhaps so, but to me Millsap has seemed "sullen" of late.  If he doesn't want to be here, we should accommodate him as long as we get value in return.

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Perhaps so, but to me Millsap has seemed "sullen" of late.  If he doesn't want to be here, we should accommodate him as long as we get value in return.

I would be sullen too if my hip hurt like hell and can't produce like I know I can.

Trade Sap as soon as you can. He'll only get worse from this point on considering his attitude on the defensive end. Now or never. We can still get nice pieces for him. 

I'm sick of seeing him getting outscored every night. Yes he's great offensively and can create in the 1on1 but honestly he also gives up much on the defensive end. He will likely go somewhere else after the season or get the max here. I'm not ready to give him the max. 

I'm telling you. Now or never. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Trade Sap as soon as you can. He'll only get worse from this point on considering his attitude on the defensive end. Now or never. We can still get nice pieces for him. 

I'm sick of seeing him getting outscored every night. Yes he's great offensively and can create in the 1on1 but honestly he also gives up much on the defensive end. He will likely go somewhere else after the season or get the max here. I'm not ready to give him the max. 

I'm telling you. Now or never. 

Yeah, I'd trade him. He's not worth 30 mil a year, might as well get young piece/young pieces and a '17 1st for him.

They say him getting outscored is due to the scheme. They have the PF go off than the wingman driving in the paint all day. 

He hasn't shown his blue collar attitude. He's gotta be more hurt that we know. Either that or he lost his heart somewhere. He's playing slow, sluggish, and overall uninterested. 

Id be willing to listen to all offers. 

vor 2 Stunden, DS17Fanboy sagte:

I think he's srsly hurt atm. He's stiff.

The flaws in his game atm don't really rely on injuries imo. Saggin of into the paint instead of sticking to his man i.e. The ball moves through the magics offense and everyone but sap defends his man. He instead stood right next to Howard and then when ibaka got the ball he suddenly realised 'ah shiiiii' runs towards ibaka falls for the pump fake and is out of the game. 

• Like 1

Yeah sorry, even if he's hurt, we gotta trade him.  Can't see us paying him Lebron money next season.   Yes, he'd be owed Lebron money next year.  Let that sink into your pores.

I know that's the "going rate" or whatever but nah, the results aren't there.  I realize how good he is and the role he plays for us but ... nah, I can't see it especially if this poor play we're seeing is an impending decline not related to injury.  Nah, can't see it.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah sorry, even if he's hurt, we gotta trade him.  Can't see us paying him Lebron money next season.   Yes, he'd be owed Lebron money next year.  Let that sink into your pores.

I know that's the "going rate" or whatever but nah, the results aren't there.  I realize how good he is and the role he plays for us but ... nah, I can't see it especially if this poor play we're seeing is an impending decline not related to injury.  Nah, can't see it.

I kind of feel that way too but we have no backup plan at PF on the roster.   So if we don't trade him then we are still going to be paying for a PF this summer.   After Griffin and Ilbaka we're looking at guys like Taj, Randolph, Patrick Patterson and Amir Johnson on the free agent list.   I think i might rather pay Ilbaka after last night.   Anyway, a trade seems way more likely than not signing Sap and signing someone else, but re-signing Sap seems like the way Budcox will try to role.   Of course, I think Sap will walk anyway to go to a better team.   

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I kind of feel that way too but we have no backup plan at PF on the roster.   So if we don't trade him then we are still going to be paying for a PF this summer.   After Griffin and Ilbaka we're looking at guys like Taj, Randolph, Patrick Patterson and Amir Johnson on the free agent list.   I think i might rather pay Ilbaka after last night.   Anyway, a trade seems way more likely than not signing Sap and signing someone else, but re-signing Sap seems like the way Budcox will try to role.   Of course, I think Sap will walk anyway to go to a better team.   

Yeah that 4 market is blaaaaahhhh.  Give me Ibaka at this point.  Sap is better but not when he's in this malaise.

Honestly, I'd take emoLove/Shump for Sap/Kyle at this point.  Pretty much guarantees CLE a title but shiiiii they were gonna be in the Finals anyways.  Trade Baze for ... well, anything at this point and we have a better team.

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh dang, we lost by 44?  I tuned out once I saw which way the wind was blowing.

Tonight's finna be amazing.  Sap will be auditioning for TOR.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh dang, we lost by 44?  I tuned out once I saw which way the wind was blowing.

Tonight's finna be amazing.  Sap will be auditioning for TOR.

Toronto wishes ...they have nothing I want. Obviously not speaking of Derozan or Lowry.

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I wish we could get the TWolves to send us Lavine for Millsap. We'd have our long term starting two that can attack the basket and also has decent handles. We would have a gaping, no, glaring hole at PF though.

It's probably easier to fill that gap than to obtain a player with Lavine's combo of potential/starting to realize some of that potential.

Wonder if MIN is off their apparent obsession with obtaining Butler.  Dunn's slow emergence has probably taken them off guard.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's probably easier to fill that gap than to obtain a player with Lavine's combo of potential/starting to realize some of that potential.

Wonder if MIN is off their apparent obsession with obtaining Butler.  Dunn's slow emergence has probably taken them off guard.

Trust me, it has. Every Twolf fan was like "trade Rubio immediately" after Dunn's excellent SL but Dunn is not having the rookie season we thought he would have.