• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has Sap checked out on us?

HawkItus

• Premium Member

The thing about Screens.

D8 has big Big man problems.  He's not just a big man, he's a big big man.  What that means is that when he sets a screen, Refs are watching him.... moreso than small big men.  I remember, Horf would screen and 9 times out of 10, it was moving.  D8 can't do that.  He has to set textbook screens everytime and Because we live with the screen and roll, I think he's adjusted to ref perception.  I'd rather he not get into foul trouble because of his screen setting.

Come playoff time, Refs will be looking to apply offensive fouls on D8 to make him less of a factor.  What would it look like if we beat Cleveland and ruin the Cleveland GS rubber match??

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The thing about Screens.

D8 has big Big man problems.  He's not just a big man, he's a big big man.  What that means is that when he sets a screen, Refs are watching him.... moreso than small big men.  I remember, Horf would screen and 9 times out of 10, it was moving.  D8 can't do that.  He has to set textbook screens everytime and Because we live with the screen and roll, I think he's adjusted to ref perception.  I'd rather he not get into foul trouble because of his screen setting.

Come playoff time, Refs will be looking to apply offensive fouls on D8 to make him less of a factor.  What would it look like if we beat Cleveland and ruin the Cleveland GS rubber match??

Weak screen is weak screen.

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The thing about Screens.

Lol, this is why I can't take you seriously, 9 out of 10 times. No one in the NBA can set moving screens more than twice before the refs pick up on it. Man, he sets terrible screens.  He doesn't have the BBIQ to spring open, he doesn't understand angles and he doesn't like moving around when he's not directly involved. Moving screens isn't his issue, it's setting screens period.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Weak screen is weak screen.

It is what it is.  Still, there's a reason for it. 

I'd rather a weak screen and he still gets double doubles and we still have a strong PNR game... than him give a strong string and sits most of the first and parts of the second half of games in foul trouble.

What would you like?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, this is why I can't take you seriously, 9 out of 10 times. No one in the NBA can set moving screens more than twice before the refs pick up on it. Man, he sets terrible screens.  He doesn't have the BBIQ to spring open, he doesn't understand angles and he doesn't like moving around when he's not directly involved. Moving screens isn't his issue, it's setting screens period.

I thought you would have loaded up the truck and moved to Bitchtown.

you should be standing by your man and not trying to make us remember him differently.  He's no Castro.

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It is what it is.  Still, there's a reason for it. 

I'd rather a weak screen and he still gets double doubles and we still have a strong PNR game... than him give a strong string and sits most of the first and parts of the second half of games in foul trouble.

What would you like?

But we can't have a strong PnR game if he sets weak screens.  He has to at least deter the on ball defender.

@Diesel is crazy but he's not wrong here.  All, I repeat, ALL of wHorford's screens were borderline illegal.  Remember his "screens" where the "screen" was his elbow out to the side?  Remember his "screens" where the "screen" was him handing the ball off then sticking his backside out?  Those were the norm, not to mention the moving screens.  Now granted, pretty much every team's screens are moving.  My point is, let's not act like wHorford's weren't moving.  If Howard does any of that, he's getting calls that weren't whistled on wHorford.

Y'all got revisionist memories going on.

#AgendaSquawk

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson get away with moving screens all of the time.

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@Diesel is crazy but he's not wrong here.  All, I repeat, ALL of wHorford's screens were borderline illegal.  Remember his "screens" where the "screen" was his elbow out to the side?  Remember his "screens" where the "screen" was him handing the ball off then sticking his backside out?  Those were the norm, not to mention the moving screens.  Now granted, pretty much every team's screens are moving.  My point is, let's not act like wHorford's weren't moving.  If Howard does any of that, he's getting calls that weren't whistled on wHorford.

Y'all got revisionist memories going on.

#AgendaSquawk

The screens may be moving, illegal etc - but they were EFFECTIVE - that's what you want.  I hate how Al left, his sawft play etc.  but don't  #AgendaSquawk yourself.  

You're better than this, but then again maybe not.

558c88758956f1eb4f46882486d2320a.gif

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The screens may be moving, illegal etc - but they were EFFECTIVE - that's what you want.  I hate how Al left, his sawft play etc.  but don't  #AgendaSquawk yourself.  

You're better than this, but then again maybe not.

558c88758956f1eb4f46882486d2320a.gif

I reject the anti-Howard sentiment from ... some folks.  My comments were in furtherance of that agenda.

I agree Howard's screens are not effective.  However, I believe Diesel pointed out some legit issues/reasons why it's different than the prior "center" we had.  The responses started on the road of "... wHorford was super-fantastic, he pooped pixey dust and shat lightnin' ..." and I responded.  The anti-Howards stuff's grown tiresome and we're not even at the ASB.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I reject the anti-Howard sentiment from ... some folks.  My comments were in furtherance of that agenda.

I agree Howard's screens are not effective.  However, I believe Diesel pointed out some legit issues/reasons why it's different than the prior "center" we had.  The responses started on the road of "... wHorford was super-fantastic, he pooped pixey dust and shat lightnin' ..." and I responded.  The anti-Howards stuff's grown tiresome and we're not even at the ASB.

Anti-Howard stuff?????That's mostly Supes who you shouldn't take seriously anyway when it comes to Al vs Dwight.

I will stand by my assertion that Dwight is a lazy screen setter, they are not effective.  

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Anti-Howard stuff?????That's mostly Supes who you shouldn't take seriously anyway when it comes to Al vs Dwight.

I will stand by my assertion that Dwight is a lazy screen setter, they are not effective.  

You're not wrong.  You just posted too close to Supes' post.  You became collateral damage.  Don't feel bad, you probably posted something else for which you deserved a stern talking-to. :happy:

I want to punch my TV every game because of all those guys moving Dennis out of the way with moving screens! 

Sometimes they don't even set a screen they simply push him out of the way. Non calls on screens are the biggest issue I have with NBA refs! And since there are a trillion picks set in a NBA game it can decide a game with ease...

Other than that it seems opponent's shooters seem to have career nights vs us because they hit several 3s while guarded closely and with hands in their face. I thought that must be luck but I'm starting to think it's a special skill, which unfortunately no one on our team has....

8 minutes ago, rd79 said:

I want to punch my TV every game because of all those guys moving Dennis out of the way with moving screens! 

Sometimes they don't even set a screen they simply push him out of the way. Non calls on screens are the biggest issue I have with NBA refs! And since there are a trillion picks set in a NBA game it can decide a game with ease...

Other than that it seems opponent's shooters seem to have career nights vs us because they hit several 3s while guarded closely and with hands in their face. I thought that must be luck but I'm starting to think it's a special skill, which unfortunately no one on our team has....

Now that every (successful) team in the league is PnR-heavy, I think the league needs to re-emphasize the screening rules.

Moving screens render PnR near impossible to guard ... then again, maybe that's the point of allowing moving screens since the league wants to trend toward high-scoring games.  SMH