• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has Sap checked out on us?

HawkItus

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're not wrong.  You just posted too close to Supes' post.  You became collateral damage.  Don't feel bad, you probably posted something else for which you deserved a stern talking-to. :happy:

:beee:

Gee whiz, Hawksquawk grand daughter, guilty by association !

About those "new" posters, coming out of the woodwork and being

Horford lovers, I'm afraid that I don't qualify on either count.

I do remember, when D8 was in Florida and the Hawks would

beat his team more than his team beat us.

Horford left us because, among other things, Boston fans are far

superior to Hawk fans.  How can any true Hawk fan love him

after that statement?

Argue with this old man all you want to - - - But first, check all

the latest scores of Atlanta's NBA games (Not the Falcons, because

they won their last game)....

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Image result for dwight howard atlanta

"I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talkin' about SCREENS.  I mean, listen, we're talking about screens.  Not the rebounds, not the rebounds, not the rebounds.  We're talkin' about screens.

Not the rebounds, not a, not the rebounds that I go out there and DIE FOR.  And play every game like it's my last.  Not the rebounds.  We're talkin' about SCREENS man.  I mean how silly is that?  We're talkin' about SCREENS.

I know I supposed to set screens.  I supposed to screen by example.  I know that.  And I'm not, I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything.  I know it's important.  I do.  I honestly do.  

But we talkin' about SCREENS man.  What are we talkin' bout?  SCREENS?

We talkin' about SCREENS man. ( laugh ) We talkin' about SCREENS.  We talkin' about SCREENS.  We ain't talkin' about the rebounds.  We talkin' about SCREENS man.  

When you come in the arena . . and you see me play . . . you see me play don't cha?  You see me give everything I got right?  But we talkin' about SCREENS right now.  We talkin' about SC--- ( pause )

Man look, I hear ya.  It's funny to me too.  It's, it's strange to me too.  But we're talking about SCREENS man.  We're not even talking about the rebounds, the actual rebounds, when it matters.  We're talkin' about SCREENS.

( listening to female reporter's question )

"How the hell can I make my teammates better by setting SCREENS?"

Ok, I laughed but Dwight is no longer THAT guy. He's not a build around franchise player anymore.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ok, I laughed but Dwight is no longer THAT guy. He's not a build around franchise player anymore.

But he's our "not a build around franchise player".

Seriously, he is our build around player this year as much as anyone on the team.   

• Like 3

What I need Sap to do is nail that mid range open J like Ho-ford used to.  I hate to say it, but if those rumors were true and we were going D8 + Hoford upfront over Ho-ford + Sap the issue we have seen with Sap not hitting those outside shots would make sense.   I have given up though.  Sap just needs to stay after practice and do some Korver drills from the key to three.

2 hours ago, HawkItus said:

What I need Sap to do is nail that mid range open J like Ho-ford used to.  I hate to say it, but if those rumors were true and we were going D8 + Hoford upfront over Ho-ford + Sap the issue we have seen with Sap not hitting those outside shots would make sense.   I have given up though.  Sap just needs to stay after practice and do some Korver drills from the key to three.

Horford Springs himself open. Sap doesn't. No point in remodeling Saps game. He does what he does and his impact is always good. If we can get more out of Dwight, that would help.

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anybody notice last night Millsap sitting on a chair pad or something at his back - maybe a heating pad or something.

It was a booster seat since he's a baby.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Horford Springs himself open. Sap doesn't. No point in remodeling Saps game. He does what he does and his impact is always good. If we can get more out of Dwight, that would help.

More out of Dwight?  If we were expecting more than 14/12 in 28 minutes a game I think that was unrealistic.   We're getting close to nothing out of Baze, Tim, Korver and Sap has been really inconsistent.   

We'll get it figured out.   @AHF put the hex on Hardaway by creating a whole thread in support of him.   We have a wing issue and we have a turnover issue.   The turnover issue can be fixed.   The wing issue i don't know.     We need some offense and we need some shooters.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Sap is not playing anything like what we have seen from him. I almost hope it is an injury issue and not an attitude one.

He's still hidden behind people's hate for Dennis, Howard, Kyle, TradeBaze and even THJr to a degree (lookin' at you, @AHF)

His d-emergence has been pretty striking, primarily on defense.

Like you said, I'd almost prefer it if he's hurt.  That'd explain it.  However, if he's hurt he needs to sit.  And if he's hurt, it makes @JayBirdHawk look really bad for calling him a baby.

If he's not hurt, then we got bigger issues.

25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

More out of Dwight?  If we were expecting more than 14/12 in 28 minutes a game I think that was unrealistic.   We're getting close to nothing out of Baze, Tim, Korver and Sap has been really inconsistent.   

We'll get it figured out.   @AHF put the hex on Hardaway by creating a whole thread in support of him.   We have a wing issue and we have a turnover issue.   The turnover issue can be fixed.   The wing issue i don't know.     We need some offense and we need some shooters.  

F* those numbers, the issue is everything that matters in a possession. Not just the end product of rebounds, points and dunks. 

We need:

Defense in everything but interior defense.
Off ball Movement
BBIQ on both sides of the court
Screens
Winning reads
Shooting
PnPs
Passing
Agility
Quickness
Speed
Running the court
Fast break defense