• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How could anyone defend Bud at this point?

Bonkers

if it was so obvious why did they do it, they are promoting the shit out of this team, new stadium all that - so everyone in the nba and all the fans and media saw how obvious this was but noooooooooobody in our organization could have stopped this ? no in fact you are saying they wanted it. ah, I see

32 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Playing the same philosophy of spacing the floor out with only one good shooter and that being a guy that is so slow I can probably beat in a footrace is maddening. It's a losing formula.

Agreed but why isn't there any effort to change the offense up? That's what's killing me! Why keep doing the same thing?

How long does it take to get it? 

I mean I will be honest judging buds interviews I think he knows the offense don't fit this group but he's still for some odd reason trying to makes ends works with his offense and these new players.

just out of curiosity...how do you believe the offense should be ran?

• Like 1

Just now, Sothron said:

This is more than Horford. Our wing defense is just horrible. HORRIBLE. Korver must have blackmail on Bud. He is DONE.

Thank you! One man ain't saving this shit. When you lose by 30 plus consecutively there's no way in hell you can say we are dismantled like this cause of one player. Horford may have helped but shit you are still losing by 20.

hell korver not getting open started last year and got worst this season...let's not act like it's just on the screens , korvers movements off the screens are a lot slower now too. Horford could set a perfect screen and korver still wouldn't be able to get open.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is more than Horford. Our wing defense is just horrible. HORRIBLE. Korver must have blackmail on Bud. He is DONE.

Horford isn't Michael Jordan. He'd help the team lose prettier. They'd be 20-25 point losses, instead of 30-35.

His abilities help a team like Draymond Green. Problem is, there's no Steph Curry, and there's not even a poor, poor man's Klay Thompson with Korver's legs being gone.

Keeping Horford would have led to a continuation of seasons like last season. Some starts of good play, mostly mediocre play, and then Bud somehow solves the issue by playing bench lineups plus a starter.

It ain't magic. Kyle and Kent don't fit together and feed off of each other like Kyle and Demarre did.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You are hard headed, he saved their ass so many times, I lost count. I specifically used to bring up how he used to protect Bazemore and Korver which was keeping him out of the paint on defense. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

You are hard headed, he saved their ass so many times, I lost count. I specifically used to bring up how he used to protect Bazemore and Korver which was keeping him out of the paint on defense. 

Horford was one guy. He wasn't defending at the perimeter, he wasn't defending dribble drive penetration, he wasn't defending both players off a switch...I can keep going. The main thing Horford was better at than Howard on defense hasn't even been an issue because teams don't even need to switch guys off to Howard to get around him. They just blow by our wing defenders straight into the paint whenever they want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Horford was one guy. He wasn't defending at the perimeter, he wasn't defending dribble drive penetration, he wasn't defending both players off a switch...I can keep going. The main thing Horford was better at than Howard on defense hasn't even been an issue because teams don't even need to switch guys off to Howard to get around him. They just blow by our wing defenders straight into the paint whenever they want.

But he was protecting the dribble drive, remember the topics by me about how terrible our wings are at defending the dribble drive and Horford has to defend space due to them. Remember, @Lurker had a daily post about how bad our dribble drive defense is. I keep trying to tell you, Al had one of his best seasons last year and you kept saying, he is not that good. Bull f***ing shit! He had to do so much to cover for others that he didn't have to do in the 60 win team since we are undersized and just arent good defending the perimeter without Carroll. I tried telling you but you wanted rebounds and size. I wanted it too but not at the lost of Sap or Al. You really think you know his impact and you do not. 

You really didn't think Al didn't help Sap so he can play off the ball. You really didn't think cover space when he covered everyone ass from Jeff to Baze. Al was a space eating machine. There is a reason he was wanted by 15 teams and he's the 2nd highest paid in the NBA. Not because he just switches well. It because he can flat out defend at an elite level. Something Dwight hasn't been able to do since Orlando. 

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

But he was protecting the dribble drive, remember the topics by me about how terrible our wings are at defending the dribble drive and Horford has to defend space due to them. Remember, @Lurker had a daily post about how bad our dribble drive defense is. I keep trying to tell you, Al had one of his best seasons last year and you kept saying, he is not that good. Bull f***ing shit! He had to do so much to cover for others that he didn't have to do in the 60 win team since we are undersized and just arent good defending the perimeter without Carroll. I tried telling you but you wanted rebounds and size. I wanted it too but not at the lost of Sap or Al. You really think you know his impact and you do not. 

You really didn't think Al didn't help Sap so he can play off the ball. You really didn't think cover space when he covered everyone ass from Jeff to Baze. Al was a space eating machine. There is a reason he was wanted by 15 teams and he's the 2nd highest paid in the NBA. Not because he just switches well. It because he can flat out defend at an elite level. Something Dwight hasn't been able to do since Orlando. 

I never said Al didn't help on help defense or weak side blocking. He is NOT THE REASON our defense just went to hell like this. Our wing players simply played better man and zone defense. Now they are either too old (Korver) or just not giving any effort (Bazemore) to keep up that same level of defense.

You can't blame Howard for this because  you can tell he's been told to stand near for defensive rebounds and he's killing that. He's also blocking or misdirecting shots. He can't be everywhere at once and he certainly can't make up for everyone else all the time either. And I might add Horford wasn't doing that either.

Your Horford homerism is showing in spades with posts like these.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Bonkers said:

How?

I dare someone to try to defend him so I can rip u into pieces

Not going to defend anyone, not sure why you singled out Bud specifically though when it's the whole team.

This post would be like me saying after our 60-win season "How could anyone say Bud isn't a good coach?  Go ahead brah, I'll rip you to shreds and go Bonkers on you homeslice.  Cuz I love making threats on the internet man."

• Like 1