• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How could anyone defend Bud at this point?

Bonkers

I'm a big Bud supporter and I can't.  No ifs, ands, buts, or excuses: I expect at least a .635 win percentage from his team over a decent sample.  

I can't bring myself to blame any player not named Paul: they're all fatally flawed and dependent on the stellar coaching that led the franchise to its best season under a measly payroll. Now the payroll balloons and we're below average?  He's gotta tighten up.  He's well aware of all the problems we discuss here along with maybe a dozen others we don't.  I suspect there has to be something going on personally with him and pretty sure there's a locker room issue.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

No. This is a hoping for the best, personell vs gameplan, issue. Im 35 and 1/2 years old and honestly I run the court better than Korver. He's a pro athlete with allot of wear and tear on his legs/feet but that is just telling me something. He always looks down, a bit hurting, when getting up and running. Then Baze....he's just headless and basically made it to pro basketball by being a great athlete and putting up a zillion jumpers in practice. Add in 2 other new starters and you cant expect them to play like a well oiled machine. You can "hope"....for the best...but it is not happening. They tried different things. Playing with Howard posting up allot, without him. They made allot of TO's, they didnt make allot of TO's. Offensively we just dont have many weapons, outside Dennis, Howard, Sap and some streaky shooting of the bench. And defensively we got rebounding but the lanes are wide open and teams are having 3 point records against us.

So whatever good gameplans worked in favour in the past is now working against us. We dont have the guys to do it.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2016 at 10:45 PM, Sothron said:

I never said Al didn't help on help defense or weak side blocking. He is NOT THE REASON our defense just went to hell like this. Our wing players simply played better man and zone defense. Now they are either too old (Korver) or just not giving any effort (Bazemore) to keep up that same level of defense.

You can't blame Howard for this because  you can tell he's been told to stand near for defensive rebounds and he's killing that. He's also blocking or misdirecting shots. He can't be everywhere at once and he certainly can't make up for everyone else all the time either. And I might add Horford wasn't doing that either.

Your Horford homerism is showing in spades with posts like these.

But Horford was doing all of that as Howard is doing what you said he is doing. Your refusing to acknowledge that is my biggest issue.

• Premium Member

Did I get qouted like 5 times in that previous post or is it just me?

Horford was not doing all the things Howard was doing. You can't be serious. Even a blow out Howard pulls down 17 rebounds and is top five in the NBA in rebounding. Horford NEVER did that.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The personnel is shot. No Horford to save their asses anymore.

We'd still be losing, maybe not by 40 but by 18. Al can't help them hit the shots that  they are getting. He'd help the perimter defense and the defense in general for 22 seconds then give up an O-Reb. So it's 6 of  one, 1/2 dozen of the other.

Yeah, plus he's not here anymore of his own accord. We could pine for Danny Manning as well but its over and done with. Not that I would pine for a sorry prick like that either way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

But Horford was doing all of that as Howard is doing what you said he is doing. Your refusing to acknowledge that is my biggest issue.

yeah, Supes can go a little overboard at time.

• Like 3

At least everyone knows who is who then. Pretty sure we are talking about a team and not a single player who is trying to unvilify himself way up north. Not gonna happen down here right now. He snubbed his nose at way over twenty million a year to be something other than a Hawk after nine years here. Is it that bad in the Southeast Al?  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Not going to defend anyone, not sure why you singled out Bud specifically though when it's the whole team.

This post would be like me saying after our 60-win season "How could anyone say Bud isn't a good coach?  Go ahead brah, I'll rip you to shreds and go Bonkers on you homeslice.  Cuz I love making threats on the internet man."

Well, he did build the team, he is the one who coaches them, he is the one responsible for the plays and lineups the Hawks run, so...

How could anyone defend Bud (or the system, or the players) at this point?

• Like 1

• Moderators

The sooner Bud realizes that we have a serious wing problem the better.   Baze, Korver, Thabo, Timmy aren't cutting it.   I had high hopes for Tim but now i'm not sure.  Still I'd start Tim and Prince right now.   Why wait any longer?   And Moose had his good run but he is what he is and that shouldn't be the first guy off the bench.   

But let's be clear, this isn't a problem of coaching and it's only partially an execution issue.   We are losing because we don't have enough talent to match up to the other team.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Still I'd start Tim and Prince right now.

That right there would up the starting all around talent. and certainly improve the defense, well definitely improve it at SF and at SG we would have a more capable scorer and a guy that at least has the foot speed for defense and shows improvement here and there at it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Well, he did build the team, he is the one who coaches them, he is the one responsible for the plays and lineups the Hawks run, so...

How could anyone defend Bud (or the system, or the players) at this point?

I never said I was defending Bud, my point is why single him out?  So you don't think Baze or Korver take any blame for example?  Even if they don't deserve to start, we all know they can play better.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I never said I was defending Bud, my point is why single him out?  So you don't think Baze or Korver take any blame for example?  Even if they don't deserve to start, we all know they can play better.

oh, these guys are to blame as well, Bazeless even more than Korv. But who tells him to do the marvelous things he does on the court. Run like a headless chicken (ty @JayBirdHawk for the best analogy ever!), shoot every ball that finds the way to his hands... Isn't that on the coach? After all, isn't DUDenholzer the one who has the power to bench him?

Everyone is to blame right now. I just think it's more on the GM for building this shitty team and on the coach for not benching the guys who should be benched. And, you know, GM and coach just happen to be the same guy.