• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry's Folly: The Greek Freak (Merged Super-Supes Threadz)

NBASupes

Knicks fans always talk about Curry going 6th right in front of their pick which was Jordan Hill. I always think about Giannis going 15th when Ferry gave him a promise to come to Atlanta. I always wanted to know if we could have landed Giannis and Dennis. How different this franchise would be. 

Dennis

Kyle

Giannis

Sap

Howard or Horford would have been an elite team. I am still sad about this. It's hard for me to move on from it even those we simply didn't get the chance :-(

• Like 3

I will ALWAYS blame Danny Ferry for this. He knew he was going after Bud, he should have let LD go as soon as the season ended. Instead he took him trapesing with him over in Europe scouting players we were interested in.

Yes you had to wait for Bud until after the finals but you knew you weren't bringing LD back, smdh.

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I will ALWAYS blame Danny Ferry for this. He knew he was going after Bud, he should have let LD go as soon as the season ended. Instead he took him trapesing with him over in Europe scouting players we were interested in.

Yes you had to wait for Bud until after the finals but you knew you weren't bringing LD back, smdh.

Maybe Ferry felt bad for Drew cuz he was a coattail rider so many years with the Lakers. Ferry said look, you can tag along and maybe we can get your funky cross eye thing you got goin on there fixed in Europe for cheap...lol

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, hawkman said:

We would've drafted Porzingis if he hadn't pulled out of the Draft. The Hawks also drafted Marvelous instead of Paul, who actually WANTED to play here. So many missed opportunities over the years.

At least the Hawk players taken have one thing in common with the players not taken.  None of them wear these items

th?id=OIP.Mcb4225242aeaa1f850065ae6b6e42

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

At least the Hawk players taken have one thing in common with the players not taken.  None of them wear these items

th?id=OIP.Mcb4225242aeaa1f850065ae6b6e42

Depends how far back you go.  Those two are in their very early years.  We passed on plenty of ring bearers in the past.

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Knicks fans always talk about Curry going 6th right in front of their pick which was Jordan Hill. I always think about Giannis going 15th when Ferry gave him a promise to come to Atlanta. I always wanted to know if we could have landed Giannis and Dennis. How different this franchise would be. 

Dennis

Kyle

Giannis

Sap

Howard or Horford would have been an elite team. I am still sad about this. It's hard for me to move on from it even those we simply didn't get the chance :-(

As a fan you just have to say, "There's always next year."

Good news is the Hawks have been drafting pretty well lately and they were smart enough to recognize Giannis's talent, even if he didnt fall to them.  They found Schröder and Prince/Bembry show a lot of promise.  Have faith.

• Like 3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

As a fan you just have to say, "There's always next year."

Good news is the Hawks have been drafting pretty well lately and they were smart enough to recognize Giannis's talent, even if he didnt fall to them.  They found Schröder and Prince/Bembry show a lot of promise.  Have faith.

I'm not ready to go there yet.  

Here are our first rounders since the year before Schröder:

Lottery - Prince (too early to know)

#15-19 - Bebe (bust), Dennis (hit), Payne (bust)

20+ - Jenkins (bust), Bembry (too early)

That is 3 busts, 1 hit, and 2 guys we don't know yet which adds up to a subpar group as a whole with the potential to move up or down from there based on last year's picks.  I think we'll move up from subpar with last year's picks but right now they have not produced (9.3 PER, .039 WS/48 and 6.1 PER, -.030 WS/48 (that is negative)).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm not ready to go there yet.  

Here are our first rounders since the year before Schröder:

Lottery - Prince (too early to know)

#15-19 - Bebe (bust), Dennis (hit), Payne (bust)

20+ - Jenkins (bust), Bembry (too early)

That is 3 busts, 1 hit, and 2 guys we don't know yet which adds up to a subpar group as a whole with the potential to move up or down from there based on last year's picks.  I think we'll move up from subpar with last year's picks but right now they have not produced (9.3 PER, .039 WS/48 and 6.1 PER, -.030 WS/48 (that is negative)).

:Timmy: Why don't you show me some love???

• Like 1

The draft is an inexact science to be sure.  Egregious misses in hindsight have happened 8 times too many, though.  Missed on Rodney Hood and Jordan Clarkson, too.

It pisses me off to the nth degree because poor drafting turbo boosts the treadmill of overpaying unworthy FAs then scraping the bargain bin to flesh out the roster.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

:Scott::Moose: What about us you hater!

I'm happy when we get a useful player in the second round, but second round picks are such a crap shoot that I primarily evaluate GMs based on what they do with first round picks.  

We picked up one good 10th man (Scott) and one decent 10th man (Moose) from the second round over the last 5 years so that is very solid but not something that changes my assessment of our drafting history over that time.

(I don't consider Moose's early season run to elevate him above 10th man status despite his prominant position this season playing over Scott and Humphries in the rotation.  He was a detriment as our 11th man last year so he needs to show me more before I consider him more than a 10th man in a good rotation.)