• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry's Folly: The Greek Freak (Merged Super-Supes Threadz)

NBASupes

Sorry but he dropped the f***ing ball. He knew him and LD was hot on Giannis. I know why he dropped LD. He wanted Bud but why did he not just move up a spot ahead of Milwaukee and draft Giannis. This is the ish that really f's me up. Why Ferry, why? 

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sorry but he dropped the f***ing ball. He knew him and LD was hot on Giannis. I know why he dropped LD. He wanted Bud but why did he not just move up a spot ahead of Milwaukee and draft Giannis. This is the ish that really f's me up. Why Ferry, why? 

I don't remember the details surrounding draft but saying" move up and finding a trading partner to move up is another"  - if moving up was simple - everyone would do it.

Just now, NBASupes said:

But the reality is here that he can be the best player in the NBA in two to three years. That's what hurts. 

And how does that help us any?

I can't cry over split milk - just clean it up and keep going.

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Especially since it is written in the League By Laws that teams in front of you MUST cater to your desires, and accept all offers.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't remember the details surrounding draft but saying" move up and finding a trading partner to move up is another"  - if moving up was simple - everyone would do it.

I actually remember this clearly. They couldn't move up. Minny wanted ransom for 14. We should have given it to them. Even if we traded the next year's pick (Payne). It would have been better that we had Giannis and Bebe or Dennis. 

Teague

Kyle

Giannis

Sap

Horf or D8.

MANNNNNN. This city would be a contender for the next 10 years. Now look at us, we hoping Sap don't leave. 

• Premium Member

Yeah, I agree with supes here...the Bucks knew from LD how much we wanted Giannis. And he was worth  then moving up a spot. That one steal from the Bucks hurts just like I'm worried Orlando stealing Sabonis one spot in front of us is going to hurt.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And how does that help us any?

I can't cry over split milk - just clean it up and keep going.

I'm with you 100% as far as moving on, but you have to admit it does sting a little to see how many times the Hawks were 'that close' to getting a franchise changing player. I don't believe in curses but it's almost uncanny how this always happens to the Hawks. The Chris Paul debacle was inexcusable after he reportedly had a great workout and publicly said he would love to play in Atlanta at a time when NOBODY wanted to come to Atlanta. Even when we got it "right" by drafting Horf at #3, Kevin Durant was right there at #2 just out of reach. We had dibs on Porzingis when he was virtually unknown. He pulls out of the Draft and gets picked at #4 the following season! It makes you wonder what this franchise would look like if just one of those players ended up in a Hawks uniform.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

I'm with you 100% as far as moving on, but you have to admit it does sting a little to see how many times the Hawks were 'that close' to getting a franchise changing player. I don't believe in curses but it's almost uncanny how this always happens to the Hawks. The Chris Paul debacle was inexcusable after he reportedly had a great workout and publicly said he would love to play in Atlanta at a time when NOBODY wanted to come to Atlanta. Even when we got it "right" by drafting Horf at #3, Kevin Durant was right there at #2 just out of reach. We had dibs on Porzingis when he was virtually unknown. He pulls out of the Draft and gets picked at #4 the following season! It makes you wonder what this franchise would look like if just one of those players ended up in a Hawks uniform.

Oh, it stings. But nothing to do about it but wonder what might have been. 

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

tyronn-lue-david-blatt-larry-drew-nba-in

b9943988z.1_20130628233904_000_gck1cpnq.

Edited by GameTime