• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Imagine with me...

Diesel

• Premium Member

We just recognized how the Hawks brain trust did an about face about trading one of their cornerstone pieces while being first place in their division.  I'm sure that the outrage on social media had a little to do with their decision.  I mean, nobody feels like we got the better part of the Korver trade.. sooooo...

IMAGINE WITH ME...

What would have happened if Social Media was as strong as it is now on Feb 24, 1994?  IF we had a strong social media that challenged every possible move that the GM Babcock would have made back then, do you think we would have traded Dominique while we were in first place in the conference... while Jordan was off playing with the boys of summer??

Hell no....I hope :-( Saddest Hawk day of my life ever... but ur right I think social media would have helped nix that horrible trade. I seriously shiver every time I hear the name ..Danny Manning.

I remember the deadline was at 6pm eastern and I followed CNN headline news and they had sports at 20 and 50 past the hour...I checked all day..twice every hour..At 2:50pm pacific time, Van Earl Wright covered all the headlines and I was so happy and thought we were in the clear...the last 5-7 seconds he said ..

The Atlanta Hawks have traded Dominique Wilkins to the LA Clippers for Danny Manning. I was devastated...

Two weeks prior to that I had ordered a Nique road Hawks jersey...I was wondering why it was so late...without contacting me, they sent me a road Nique Clippers jersey 2 weeks after that...:-(

And no.. I didn't return it...:-(

IMG_7901.JPG

IMG_7902.JPG

12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

The Atlanta Hawks have traded Dominique Wilkins to the LA Clippers for Danny Manning. I was devastated...

The very lowest of all the lows for the Hawks. I don't pull for Wake anymore because of that guy.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hell no....I hope :-( Saddest Hawk day of my life ever... but ur right I think social media would have helped nix that horrible trade. I seriously shiver every time I hear the name ..Danny Manning.

I remember the deadline was at 6pm eastern and I followed CNN headline news and they had sports at 20 and 50 past the hour...I checked all day..twice every hour..At 2:50pm pacific time, Van Earl Wright covered all the headlines and I was so happy and thought we were in the clear...the last 5-7 seconds he said ..

Two weeks prior to that I had ordered a Nique road Hawks jersey...I was wondering why it was so late...without contacting me, they sent me a road Nique Clippers jersey 2 weeks after that...:-(

And no.. I didn't return it...:-(

IMG_7901.JPG

IMG_7902.JPG

What?   Man were they screwing with you or what?    That's friggin insult to injury if I've ever seen it. 

37 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What?   Man were they screwing with you or what?    That's friggin insult to injury if I've ever seen it. 

I was gonna return the damn thing but in 94 snail mail sucked ass and I figured I'd just keep it...I was 18 years old...oh BTW...notice the jersey size...IM NOT FAT YALL DAMN...if anything I was a skinny lil ma f***er in high school...we talkin buck 05 ...lol

Lol I doubt the front office even looks at social media. Most fans are soooo off-based on their values for their own players. It's pretty simple. It was reported early on that our front office was mixed on trading Sap. This to me means that Bud wanted to keep him, while Wes probably wanted to trade and re-tool. Bud won out due to our recent play and win streak. Nothing to do with fans on social media... Also - we robbed Cavs by getting a 1st for Korver. Am I upset that he went to CLE and is no longer a Hawk? Yes.. But my happiness to get a first for him outweighs that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Lol I doubt the front office even looks at social media. Most fans are soooo off-based on their values for their own players. It's pretty simple. It was reported early on that our front office was mixed on trading Sap. This to me means that Bud wanted to keep him, while Wes probably wanted to trade and re-tool. Bud won out due to our recent play and win streak. Nothing to do with fans on social media... Also - we robbed Cavs by getting a 1st for Korver. Am I upset that he went to CLE and is no longer a Hawk? Yes.. But my happiness to get a first for him outweighs that.

The rumor is the owners wanted to blow it up, but Bud was kicking and screaming about it and wanted to stand pat.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The rumor is the owners wanted to blow it up, but Bud was kicking and screaming about it and wanted to stand pat.

Where was this rumor? I haven't seen that. Woj reported that the front office was mixed on what to do with Millsap, nothing about the ownership. I have a hard time believing that ownership would want to blow it up, while pumping so much money into remodeling Philips and new marketing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Source? Without a source, you just passed gas and that's all.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I was gonna return the damn thing but in 94 snail mail sucked ass and I figured I'd just keep it...I was 18 years old...oh BTW...notice the jersey size...IM NOT FAT YALL DAMN...if anything I was a skinny lil ma f***er in high school...we talkin buck 05 ...lol

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yeah, CLICKbait rumor.

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Source? Without a source, you just passed gas and that's all.

I cannot remember. I saw it on twitter. Owners wanted to blow it up and Bud was kicking and screaming about it. Maybe Brian Geltzeiler was the guy that tweeted this?

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I cannot remember. I saw it on twitter. Owners wanted to blow it up and Bud was kicking and screaming about it. Maybe Brian Geltzeiler was the guy that tweeted this?

That guy knows nothing and has no sources. He's the same guy that said MEM was firing their coach mid-season.  He predicted the day he'd be fired.  He literally said the guy was getting fired that night.  When it didn't happen, he just mumbled about sources blah, blah, blah.

What we have to learn is that none of these guys have sources w.r.t. the Hawks and those that say they do are either lying or stretching half-truths.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Here it is (of course its now all hogwash over nothing, for now):

Now that I see the tweets, I feel even stronger that he's lying.

Could what he's saying be true?  Sure.  Does he have a reputable source telling him this?  Doubtful.

"Same old Hawks"?  Really?  Same as the A$G?  Clearly he knows nothing about this franchise.  F*ck him.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Where was this rumor? I haven't seen that. Woj reported that the front office was mixed on what to do with Millsap, nothing about the ownership. I have a hard time believing that ownership would want to blow it up, while pumping so much money into remodeling Philips and new marketing.

I have a hard time believing that if ownership wanted to tear down that the team wouldn't be tearing down.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I have a hard time believing that if ownership wanted to tear down that the team wouldn't be tearing down.

Well, to be fair, Budz was kicking and screaming so ...

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

It's 2017 buddy.

Show us your 2017 jersey