• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE TRADE DEADLINE - February 23rd at 3:00PM

8 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

The thing that these novice writers from Bleacher Report don't understand is that we already have 2 2nd round picks this year (BKN and MIA's - MIA is protected 31-40 though). We don't need more 2nd round picks....

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

On top of that, it's not a buyer's move. We are looking to buy. 

Heh, lemme school you two.  This "rumor" is about a real contender (HOU) farming pieces from a pretender (ATL).

Because, of course from the national perspective, the Hawks just exist to help other teams get better.

The thing that these novice writers from Bleacher Report don't understand is that we already have 2 2nd round picks this year (BKN and MIA's - MIA is protected 31-40 though). We don't need more 2nd round picks....

We actually coukd have 3. The Hawks pick traded to SA is top 55 protected. In the current standings, it would not transfer.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

They're keying in on a Beverly/Shumpert deal in case you haven't heard. Plus they did get a Lou yesterday 

40 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

• The Rockets, after adding Lou Williams, remain “motivated” to acquire a player in the $10–12 million salary range, offering expiring contracts and cash in return. (Adrian Wojnarowski, The Vertical)

• Houston has expressed interest in trading for Cavaliers guard Iman Shumpert. (Marc Stein, ESPN)

• Among Houston’s expiring contracts are Nene and Tyler Ennis. The team also holds an option on K.J. McDaniels for next season.

From SI. 

Cavs want Beverly though...

via  ESPNSteinLine

However...

Calvin Watkins: According to a source, Rockets have no plans to trade Pat Beverley.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

It's Bleacher report so it's like any other rumor yeti talk...BS! 

Ps DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER LOL

Figured as much as I haven't seen it reported anywhere else.  I wouldn't mind KJ but I was thinking Scott for KJ.  Or as part of a larger deal where we dumped Baze on Houston. 

The way the tweet read it seemed more official than a rumor.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

To get rid of the Bazemore contract.... Plus we could get a draft pick or 2 in the process 

To trade Bazemore I think we would have to attach a pick or 2 in the process, not get them.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, pimp said:

My own personal reaction will mostly likely  be
(same ole Hawks)
giphy.gif

That is why I included Ground Hogs Day and depression in my gif.  Same s#*$& different day.  Pass me a drink.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Wizards just traded for Bogdanovic for Nicholson AND their 2017 first. So much for depreciating the trade market...great trade for the Nets, they got similar value to what the Kings got for Boogie. Unbelievable.

Not even close. They got Hield and and a mid 1st. That is much better than a late 1st. That said, the value for which they got is insane. Boogie is worth a lot of picks, not just a mid 1st and Hield. 

• Like 1