• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which first round outcome is worse?

BigDog90

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The Bucks and Wizards are indeed going to make it interesting. Like you said for once it feels wide open, a good and needed change.

Also hoping ANYBODY except the Warriors comes out of the west. Like you said, change is good for the NBA.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Also hoping ANYBODY except the Warriors comes out of the west. Like you said, change is good for the NBA.

After the first few weeks of this season I thought for sure it would be the same cats at it again in the finals but this time maybe not.

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

After the first few weeks of this season I thought for sure it would be the same cats at it again in the finals but this time maybe not.

I can't stomach Calfs/Scrubs part III..I don't think Adam Silver wants it either. When you pencil in two teams practically before the season starts you are eliminating any hope for 28 other markets. It's not a good idea and I wish there was some way the league could have blocked the signing of Durant to Golden State. Parity is a good thing.

If it's Cleveland and the Scrubs again I'm just gonna watch History of the World and many other Mel Brooks films every damn night if the NBA finals. Lol.

Agree that thankfully Silver does not in any way appear to be a shit like Stern was towards the fans of the game. Parity and even dare I say equality hiring among coaches is high on his agenda. We'll see how all that goes though. 

6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Do you mean equality as in race or another form of equality?

Gender. An article shows Silver's support for a female head coach as well as it being a general prediction from him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/adam-silver-believes-woman-nba-125602528.html

• Moderators

You guys and gals are optimistic but have you looked at the standings lately?   There are 2 classes of playoff teams in the east.  

6 games separates Us (5) and Toronto (6).      

We lost 7 in a row and didn't slip down the standings.  

Other than Miami, teams 4-8 no one is even playing .500 ball.    

The highest differential of the 4-8 teams is Miami at +1.  The rest are +.5, -1.1, -1.2.   The lowest differential in teams 1-4 is 2.3

Now i know all bets are off in the playoffs, but it's hard to believe that the Hawks, Indy, or Bucks are going to suddenly become a consistent team and win a series.  Miami has a shot because they are putting it together but everyone else seems to be falling apart.   Had we not just faced 2 of the worst teams in the league who are hard tanking, we would probably have lost 9 in a row.   That's friggin scary.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Uh, the Bucks have won thirteen out of sixteen so I'm not ready to bet against them and the Freak. Last time out they beat the Celtics in Boston. 

The Bucks seem like a tough out for sure. The media keeps saying the Heat and Bucks would be the teams that nobody wants to face but I'm biased and I still think the Hawks are the toughest 5-8 seed.

Honestly Miami is being overrated. I understand that they play hard but you need some talent in the playoffs and some vets. Miami seems too young and inexperienced IMO.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

The Bucks seem like a tough out for sure. The media keeps saying the Heat and Bucks would be the teams that nobody wants to face but I'm biased and I still think the Hawks are the toughest 5-8 seed.

Honestly Miami is being overrated. I understand that they play hard but you need some talent in the playoffs and some vets. Miami seems too young and inexperienced IMO.

Really wouldn't bet against any of the three in the first round with the paradigm shift I hope we are witnessing in the East. But then again, I don't bet for lack of cash. Just aching for a change.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Thomas said:

Uh, the Bucks have won thirteen out of sixteen so I'm not ready to bet against them and the Freak. Last time out they beat the Celtics in Boston. 

Hey listen here.   I don't want you bringing up "facts" that i'm "ignorant" of to shoot holes in my opinion.   

giphy.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Hey listen here.   I don't want you bringing up "facts" that i'm "ignorant" of to shoot holes in my opinion.  

Uh, sorry bout that guy. I'll save that stuff for pro Melo cats from now on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trout7 said:

I would say nothing is worse than losing to the little punk Isaiah Thomas.

It would be like losing to tv's Webster except that he was spry and comical and IT is a total egomaniacal asshole that plays for a total egomaniacal franchise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

It would be like losing to tv's Webster except that he was spry and comical and IT is a total egomaniacal asshole that plays for a total egomaniacal franchise. 

Lmmfao in bustin....Webster was awesome. RIP 

3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Bucks win. 1/2 game up on us now.

After these last few coming up and the jockeying around involved am just hoping we end up against the Raptors in the first round. Path of least resistance I think. Interesting the Wizards have actually lost two in a row now though. Think they might just shoot us into submission, some of our recent history with them.

44 minutes ago, Thomas said:

After these last few coming up and the jockeying around involved am just hoping we end up against the Raptors in the first round. Path of least resistance I think. Interesting the Wizards have actually lost two in a row now though. Think they might just shoot us into submission, some of our recent history with them.

I was looking at the schedules of the Raps and Wiz and Raps have the easier schedule as well as the tie breaker. So if, a big if, but if we stay at the 6th seed, chances are we may need to get our passports ready. Oh, and I can already see Drake annoying me to no end. :-(