• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which first round outcome is worse?

BigDog90

2 hours ago, cam1218 said:

I'm worried if we play Boston it'll be a bunch of home games for them. The way we are closing the season doesn't even have the diehards excited for the playoffs. We are still fifth with the win tonight and that's just pretty sad.

It really is and TOR won't be an easy matchup either. 

10 hours ago, cam1218 said:

I'm worried if we play Boston it'll be a bunch of home games for them.

It was the same way in the seventies and everything in-between then and now. Some things just never change. Zaza tried mightily to abort that, hehe.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That's why Toronto would be our perfect matchup.   Toronto then the Wiz then Miami then we beat the Rockets for the Championship. 

We have shown well against Toronto in the last two, though those games were a good while ago. Things have really changed lately but agree the Raptors are no doubt our best shot out of the four. Maybe we get lucky and have a full roster going in.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

It was the same way in the seventies and everything in-between then and now. Some things just never change. Zaza tried mightily to abort that, hehe.

Yeah I know, goes for all Atlanta teams honestly. A lot of people from the north wind up living down in Atlanta. At least we had some excitement last year and probably had 3/4 of the arena filled with Hawks fans when we played them. If we were playing them and game 1 was today, we would be lucky to have 50% Hawks fans lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Last I checked we sent their azzes packing last year and until this season have generally been able to kick their butts post their "Big 3" era. Them having a good season doesn't all of a sudden make them the 1980's Celtics. They have flaws and are taking advantage of a distinctions Cleveland, banged up Toronto, and under achieving Hawks team this year. Otherwise they'd be middle of the pack as usual.

How about they actually win a playoff series first before we start bowing down to their greatness...

All this.

Greg Anthony said today that BOS as the #1 seed isn't so much a testament to how good they are.  It's more of a statement to how much CLE has struggled.

He went on to say STTE, "It's not like they've won 58 games, they've only won 48."  IOW, a 1-seed with sub 50 wins right now isn't something to go gaga over.

And like RedDawg said, they're far from a lock to advance even past the 1st round.  Like I said, there's no one in the field that should fear playing Loston in the playoffs.  Least of all us.

You may 'like' this post now.

IMO Bos is the most likely team primed for an upset in the playoffs. They are good but they aren't great. There isn't a dominating factor about them. Their best player is a mighty midget with an flimsy composure. And their highest paid player is putting up role player numbers and afraid of contact. Stop letting the Bos biased media fool you in to thinking they are anything more than a good playoff team this year. They will not be winning the East let alone a championship. Take that to the bank

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

IMO Bos is the most likely team primed for an upset in the playoffs. They are good but they aren't great. There isn't a dominating factor about them. Their best player is a mighty midget with an flimsy composure. And their highest paid player is putting up role player numbers and afraid of contact. Stop letting the Bos biased media fool you in to thinking they are anything more than a good playoff team this year. They will not be winning the East let alone a championship. Take that to the bank

Where's the "love" button? I need it here.

Seems like Cleveland, Boston and Toronto all could be ousted in the first round really. Not expecting it but it would be hilarious and a lot more fun than recent years. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Seems like Cleveland, Boston and Toronto all could be ousted in the first round really. Not expecting it but it would be hilarious and a lot more fun than recent years. 

No joke I honestly believe the field is wide open in the east. The Cavs are still the favorites but not looking as strong as the last two years. Celtics are overhyped as usual. Toronto has been adding pieces like Ibaka and Tucker. The Wiz won the division for the first time since 1979. The Bucks are an up n coming team with the freak, the Pacers have a superstar in PG13 who is always a load in the postseason and the Bulls who still have Buckets, who also is tough in the playoffs.

Then there's us, losing 7 straight followed by back to back wins and waiting for Sap and Thabo to return. We are dangerous as well and I wouldn't really want to play us.

Wide open east.

The Raptors will beat the Celtics if they see a series with them. That's most likely going to be the case even if the Hawks play well again and have Millsap return in form with the history we've seen in the playoffs for the Hawks.

I hope I'm wrong.

34 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

No joke I honestly believe the field is wide open in the east. The Cavs are still the favorites but not looking as strong as the last two years. Celtics are overhyped as usual. Toronto has been adding pieces like Ibaka and Tucker. The Wiz won the division for the first time since 1979. The Bucks are an up n coming team with the freak, the Pacers have a superstar in PG13 who is always a load in the postseason and the Bulls who still have Buckets, who also is tough in the playoffs.

Then there's us, losing 7 straight followed by back to back wins and waiting for Sap and Thabo to return. We are dangerous as well and I wouldn't really want to play us.

Wide open east.

The Bucks, Heat and Wizards are indeed going to make it interesting. Like you said for once it feels wide open, a good and needed change.