• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which first round outcome is worse?

BigDog90

1 hour ago, BigDog90 said:

Losing to CLE (for the third year in a row) or losing to Boston?

At this point who really cares...Bud...as a GM...is proving to be a forking disaster...along the lines of BK.  We have gone from an ECF team to a mess simply by bad personnel decisions.  If we had just kept our 2015 team we would be fine.  All of those players are still good - but on other teams mostly ... Alas.

• Like 3

Losing to Boston.  Losing to Cleveland would be more accepted/expected.  Boston is more of an unknown outcome. More false hope still exists.

And ... there's that Horford thing ...

• Premium Member

Boston won't go to the ECFs if paired against us in the first round. The series would be long and even if we lost, they should be really tired and sore going into round 2 to face the Wizz.

I really hope we get them or the Raps in round one. We won't stand a chance against CLE or WAS.

• Moderators

I'd much rather lose to Cleveland and hopefully at least get in some fights.   Losing to Boston and Horford after the Super Bowl Debacle?  That's too much to stomach.   It'd be like eating some of that nasty clam chowder and drinking a sam adams.   I'd just be in the bathroom all night. 

• Like 1

If the Cavs play Miami or Washington they very well may not see the ECF this time around. Don't really think the NBA front office or refs will be onboard with that but it will be very interesting. At this point I just want us to take any number of games from anyone.

• Like 3

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

If we go up against Boston in the playoffs this year they will crush us.   They have better players and homecourt

and  the league and refs working against us.    When you can punch guys in the face and not get suspended in the playoffs you know something's up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

When you can punch guys in the face and not get suspended in the playoffs you know something's up.

The Lakers East? Kobe's elbow fouled by Bibby's nose is always a reminder of how the NBA playoffs are run. Documented history I'm afraid and certainly Boston is a legend with that stuff themselves. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

It is historically a one sided rivalry for sure.  I'm not saying that we are historically their hated rival - they are ours. 

At least we got the last shot in keeping the greatest coach in history with a record of zero playoff series wins last year.  And I'd say we mean more than most teams to the current Selltics squad.  IT gets pretty worked up playing against Dennis and Horford has to want to win against us pretty badly.

I say we take the fight to them!

I'm not ready to checkout just yet. We can beat them. Can't beat the Cavs, tho.

So if I could choose, I'd choose the green ones. Another 0-4 against LeBron... I'll pass. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

My guess would be that Boston goes to the ECFs against CLE.  They will lose 4-2 and Horford will average 16-12.

Hold up, hold up, hold up. Stop the presses.  I'm still stuck on this. 

DJ, please please tell me that was just a slip of the finger and you accidentally included the one OR the two. And not that you're yet another victim of the great bath salts epidemic effecting so many Americans today. 

There is no way in gott dayum hail Al would even sniff 12 rebounds per game. You. Cray.

If you don't get help at Charter, please get help somewhere. Or type better.

Put me in the camp for losing to CLE if I had to pick. Bad narrative for Atlanta losing to Boston again and would be expected and acceptable w/ Cle. Good for Kyle. F Al. Hate the green. End of story.

• Like 1