Which first round outcome is worse?

BigDog90

1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

And not that you're yet another victim of the great bath salts epidemic effecting so many Americans today. 

I was about to slip into one tonight...whats up? Epidemic? 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Hold up, hold up, hold up. Stop the presses.  I'm still stuck on this. 

DJ, please please tell me that was just a slip of the finger and you accidentally included the one OR the two. And not that you're yet another victim of the great bath salts epidemic effecting so many Americans today. 

There is no way in gott dayum hail Al would even sniff 12 rebounds per game. You. Cray.

I think he forgot who would be Alicia's matchup... BOS is done if they have to face the Cavs.

How sweet would it be, us winning the series against them... we can't beat the Cavs, or can we? I don't think so. I would rather have a tiny shot at beating the peas.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Cleveland is falling apart, Lebron is hurt, Boston is surging.   This could be our worst damn nightmare people.   

It's not fair. It's us who should be next in line to the throne after Cleveland, not rebuilding Boston. Smh.

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

It's not fair. It's us who should be next in line to the throne after Cleveland, not rebuilding Boston. Smh.

It's 2 things to me.  1. Is CLE falling apart?  Yeah and it's why you don't tank.  Do they have enough to still beat anyone in the East.  Yes but their play and the fact that they don't have a coach, has indeed made them vulnerable.

2. Is BOS next in line?  Not necessarily.  People have to remember, they still are bad playoff matchup against almost every team in the East playoff picture.  Could they get to the ECF?  Possibly but they could also get put out in round 1 regardless of seed.  IOW, they're the next highest seed but they're not necessarily the heir apparent.  Imagine what folks were saying about us 2 years ago.  The same applies to BOS, they just have more fans in the media so the narrative is different.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's 2 things to me.  1. Is CLE falling apart?  Yeah and it's why you don't tank.  Do they have enough to still beat anyone in the East.  Yes but their play and the fact that they don't have a coach, has indeed made them vulnerable.

2. Is BOS next in line?  Not necessarily.  People have to remember, they still are bad playoff matchup against almost every team in the East playoff picture.  Could they get to the ECF?  Possibly but they could also get put out in round 1 regardless of seed.  IOW, they're the next highest seed but they're not necessarily the heir apparent.  Imagine what folks were saying about us 2 years ago.  The same applies to BOS, they just have more fans in the media so the narrative is different.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Boston is in the same boat as we were 2 years ago but I do agree that the Celtics could get knocked out in round 1 and they haven't proved anything in the playoffs.

This is why I'd love us to get the 8th seed and Boston the top seed. Make some 1/8 seed history against the Bastonians.

• Moderators

I think Cleveland will step up in the playoffs.  They have LeBron and he is still one of the handful of the very best players in the game.

None of the pretenders in the East trying to challenge Cleveland is close to as good as San Antonio.  Pops would sweep any team in the East other than Cleveland.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think Cleveland will step up in the playoffs.  They have LeBron and he is still one of the handful of the very best players in the game.

None of the pretenders in the East trying to challenge Cleveland is close to as good as San Antonio.  Pops would sweep any team in the East other than Cleveland.

Sadly I agree. Lebron always does this thing where's he's winding down and then when the playoffs start, he goes nuts. Hoping it's different this year but probably not.

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't totally disagree which is why I'll only go so far as to say they've made themselves vulnerable.  I know they actually have that 'switch' that pretending teams like LAC seem to think they have.  However, the difference here is the minutes James has played.  They look worn out, especially him.  That could be the chink in the armor. {Offensive @Spud2Nique joke redacted}

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't totally disagree which is why I'll only go so far as to say they've made themselves vulnerable.  I know they actually have that 'switch' that pretending teams like LAC seem to think they have.  However, the difference here is the minutes James has played.  They look worn out, especially him.  That could be the chink in the armor. {Offensive @Spud2Nique joke redacted}

Ummmmm...Nzinga needed on isle 9.....racist cleanup on isle 9..:-|

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't know how you don't get banned with your Wangs and Chinks being thrown around on every post.

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I don't know how you don't get banned with your Wangs and Chinks being thrown around on every post.

Hey, throwing my wang around is the only way I can get so many 'like's.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Sadly I agree. Lebron always does this thing where's he's winding down and then when the playoffs start, he goes nuts. Hoping it's different this year but probably not.

The question is does Lebron still have the refs.  I imagine so because everybody wants to see Cleveland vs. GS (the rubber match).   However, If games were called fairly, Lebron and team would be vulnerable to teams like Milwaukee.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The question is does Lebron still have the refs.

There's a pecking order of stars who get calls and Lebron, Curry and Harden are prolly still at the top with guys like IT and Giannis climbing the ref respect wall if you will.

As much as I don't like them, I think losing to Boston would open the front offices' (LOL) eyes to this teams window being closed.  And that's the competitive window... not even championship contention window.  Maybe getting passed up by yet another team (TOR and WAS, included) will show them we need to REBUILD and not attempt to retool.  Maybe Bud will even get knocked out his GM chair.

• Like 1

It is really interesting that the Cavs lose big here and there and not just by nail biters or on nights where LeBron is resting. Not just the West teams getting a good shot but there are four losses total when they have played Boston, Miami and Washington recently. A tremor in the force.

• Premium Member

I'm worried if we play Boston it'll be a bunch of home games for them. The way we are closing the season doesn't even have the diehards excited for the playoffs. We are still fifth with the win tonight and that's just pretty sad.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PlayaPat420 said:

As much as I don't like them, I think losing to Boston would open the front offices' (LOL) eyes to this teams window being closed.  And that's the competitive window... not even championship contention window.  Maybe getting passed up by yet another team (TOR and WAS, included) will show them we need to REBUILD and not attempt to retool.  Maybe Bud will even get knocked out his GM chair.

I'd think losing to BOS would be worse. Dwight was brought in to rebound and be a post threat which Hawks fans including myself complained about the Hawks lacking for years. 

It'd be something to lose a series to a guy you didn't think was worth bringing back.

• Like 1