• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Taurean Prince looking good

aali34

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Prince will be A OK.

As he gets stronger he'll be able to finish through contact at the rim. He gets to the rim farely easily, it's the finishing that he's struggling with. It's a smooth enough motion, not hawkward looking like Baze or Thabo.

Yeah, he needs to get better at protecting the ball. He gets stripped and blocked going up more than anybody i've seen in a while

8 HOURS AGO,  SPUD2NIQUE SAID: 

Remember that night( 5 days later) when Prince became a man in the first half against the Celts?...:-|

Yeah, he has had several games that carried impact but that first half was just outstanding. Wondering what a whole game put together by him will look like, thinking a win for us with little doubt. Took a few years but Bud got his guy at SF again pretty damn sure.  

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Sorry but pop said himself that bud was the most outspoken individual that influenced the Spurs to move up for Leonard. Said it himself that Kwahi being drafted was all buds idea and gave him the most credit for Leonard's addition to the team...saw and heard him say this in an interview. If I can find the video I will post.

Yea this is true. Pop actually was a huge fan of George Hill and didn't want to lose him. Some articles said Hill was Pop's favorite player. I also think the trade had some to do with saving $, but not entirely sure.

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Sorry but pop said himself that bud was the most outspoken individual that influenced the Spurs to move up for Leonard. Said it himself that Kwahi being drafted was all buds idea and gave him the most credit for Leonard's addition to the team...saw and heard him say this in an interview. If I can find the video I will post.

RC Buford scouted and brought in Leonard for workouts with Pop. Where Bud was influential was having to convince Pop that getting rid of his favorite George Hill in favour of getting bigger/younger on the wings in Leonard was the right move. (They were starting Richard Jefferson, then going small with Manu at the 3 when RJ rested).

Pop said 'Leonard will be the face of the Spurs' 

It was actually these 2 SAS scouts:

Fehte and Felton pegged Leonard accurately. Player development coach Chip Engelland gave Buford his assurance he could tweak Leonard’s shooting stroke, without which the Spurs probably wouldn’t have made the move. Buford put the Spurs in position to pounce with his pre-draft groundwork.

And when it finally came time to do so, Buford said, Popovich “trusted the process” despite his misgivings. Or, as Popovich would later recall the scene, former assistant Mike Budenholzer prodded him into action.

“Bud was all over me for that one,” Popovich told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in 2013. “With a need at the three … we thought this would make some sense. (But) they are looking up at me and I’m thinking, ‘I don’t want to do this. Jesus, I don’t want to do this.’ (Budenholzer) made me pull the trigger, and it’s been a great trade for both teams.”

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

RC Buford scouted and brought in Leonard for workouts with Pop. Where Bud was influential was having to convince Pop that getting rid of his favorite George Hill in favour of getting bigger/younger on the wings in Leonard was the right move. (They were starting Richard Jefferson, then going small with Manu at the 3 when RJ rested).

Pop said 'Leonard will be the face of the Spurs' 

It was actually these 2 SAS scouts:

Damn excuse me! I should have known better....I got told but it's ok lol

22 minutes ago, JTB said:

Damn excuse me! I should have known better....I got told but it's ok lol

Don't mind @JayBirdHawk She needs to put the stamp of approval on anything Kawhi related. It's like a patent on a product. She claims to have it on Kawhi even though I saw him play live at SDSU multiple times about 7 years ago...but it's ok..I'll get over it.

23 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I saw him play live at SDSU multiple times about 7 years ago

Out of curiosity, did you ever notice Bud around the Aztecs arena or anyone from any NBA staffs?

18 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Out of curiosity, did you ever notice Bud around the Aztecs arena or anyone from any NBA staffs?

No unfortunately not...I bet they send in their top scouts whose faces aren't well known to people. 

Well, that and the fact that I was pounding sailor Jerry like it was nobody's business didn't help with the memories either. 

What happens in Diego stays in Diego!

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Coaches and assistant coaches are rarely at games scouting players. That's what scouts do and GMs do. Lots of teams have East Coast, West Coast and Euro Scouts who all report to the GM. Scouts aren't well known.

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Don't mind @JayBirdHawk She needs to put the stamp of approval on anything Kawhi related. It's like a patent on a product. She claims to have it on Kawhi even though I saw him play live at SDSU multiple times about 7 years ago...but it's ok..I'll get over it.

:facts2: