• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Taurean Prince looking good

aali34

I think what we're seeing in Printz's development is why you play rookies early when you expect them to contribute anything later in the season.

The Holman went in on Printz and his late-game faltering.  Missing the 2 free throws late, turnovers prior to that, etc.  He showed no mercy.

Prince in the last 12 games

11.0 ppg

4.2 rebs

1.2 asst

1.5 stls

1.2 blks

41% FG

33% 3FG

74% FT

Not great by any stretch of the imagination, but better than Baze in November and December.   Bud just needs to get him out of the corner, and stop having him take corner 3s.  That's not his spot on the court, no matter where the offense says he should be.

• Like 1

He's not looking like a bust but definitely isn't showing signs of a potential star. I think he does have potential to be a two way player which means a lot but he's not going to be another Leonard, doesn't have the tools. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's not looking like a bust but definitely isn't showing signs of a potential star. I think he does have potential to be a two way player which means a lot but he's not going to be another Leonard, doesn't have the tools. 

that's just dumb. He's barely played this year to say what his future is. Neither Kawhi or Jimmy Butler looked like future stars their rookie years. Hell, Dennis couldn't even beat my grandmother off the dribble his rookie year, now u can't keep him out of the paint. He has the raw tools, whether he develops the holes in his game determines his future.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cwell said:

that's just dumb. He's barely played this year to say what his future is. Neither Kawhi or Jimmy Butler looked like future stars their rookie years. Hell, Dennis couldn't even beat my grandmother off the dribble his rookie year, now u can't keep him out of the paint. He has the raw tools, whether he develops the holes in his game determines his future.

Now, now. let's not call Supers names.  He's entitled to his opinion(s) ...

... as wrong as they may be.

Generally though, I agree with you that it's too early to sum up a guy's career prospects.  I don't necessarily see a tremendously high ceiling right now but I'm not going to say I can't be wrong.

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Now, now. let's not call Supers names.  He's entitled to his opinion(s) ...

... as wrong as they may be.

Generally though, I agree with you that it's too early to sum up a guy's career prospects.  I don't necessarily see a tremendously high ceiling right now but I'm not going to say I can't be wrong.

I didn't say he's dumb, that would be name calling. I said that what he said was dumb. There's a difference. Even the most intelligent people say dumb stuff sometimes

Edited by Cwell

15 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Dennis flashed. Leonard was an top tier defender as a rookie on an elite team. Butler is a rarity. Everyone could be Butler if everyone could be Butler. 

Edited by NBASupes

5 minutes ago, Cwell said:

I didn't say he's dumb, that would be name calling. I said that what he said was dumb. There's a difference. Even the most intelligent people say dumb stuff sometimes

Yeah, you get off on a technicality I suppose.

Plus, you didn't account for the fact that everybody can be Jimi Butler if everybody could be Jimi Butler (huh?) :mellow:

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dennis flashed. Leonard was an top tier defender as a rookie on an elite team. Butler is a rarity. 

Dennis actually played and no he did not. Dennis got rode to the base line damn near 99% of his drive attempts his rookie year. Rookie year Dennis and 2nd year Dennis was two COMPLETELY different players.

Leonard also started and played on the perfect team to learn his rookie year. Leonard didn't show signs of being a superstar until he got under those bright lights against LeBron in the finals. Prince has alot to learn, especially considering he barely played this year, but also has shown signed of being an x factor on defense. He gets steals and blocks on a regular basis even with his limited minutes. He has the all around tools to be a star, whether he puts the work in to get there is up to him. unfortunately he doesn't have a coach pop, tim duncan, tony parker, or manu ginobili to learn from.

Edit: looking back at the numbers, Dennis was MUCH WORSE than Prince as a rookie, like TERRIBLE

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Everyone could be Butler if everyone could be Butler.

I'll go a step further off this...

Everyone could be the Hawks GM if everyone could be the Hawks GM.

Think about that for a sec.....

ur welcome ;-)

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He could be what Jae Crowder is in Boston now.