• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Taurean Prince looking good

aali34

The only person who thought Kawhi would be this good was Gregg Popo...He said Kawhi would be the face of the franchise after Timmy.

I don't know what Prince will turn out to be but the sample size is too small to say definitively what he won't be.  

Think about how much better he would be if he played meaningful minutes to begin the season instead of being relegated to bench duty.  The defensive miscues, end of games situations etc, might be less.

Prince won't be Kawhi. The thing about Kawhi is Kawhi was the ball handler for SDSU, so while he was an elite defender he was also an underrated ball handler. Bembry is similar in that regard, he handled the ball for St Joseph and got really good at it. Bembry's shot is broken though. Prince has some 2 way potential and I think you can win a championship with him though.

3 hours ago, Cwell said:

Dennis actually played and no he did not. Dennis got rode to the base line damn near 99% of his drive attempts his rookie year. Rookie year Dennis and 2nd year Dennis was two COMPLETELY different players.

Leonard also started and played on the perfect team to learn his rookie year. Leonard didn't show signs of being a superstar until he got under those bright lights against LeBron in the finals. Prince has alot to learn, especially considering he barely played this year, but also has shown signed of being an x factor on defense. He gets steals and blocks on a regular basis even with his limited minutes. He has the all around tools to be a star, whether he puts the work in to get there is up to him. unfortunately he doesn't have a coach pop, tim duncan, tony parker, or manu ginobili to learn from.

Edit: looking back at the numbers, Dennis was MUCH WORSE than Prince as a rookie, like TERRIBLE

He flashed in summer league as a rookie. He played better than Mack. That's what I am talking about. I feel like this site can be brain dead central when you guys are fighting to prove a point. The bottom line was Dennis always looked very talented even when his ability didn't. I am saying, Prince don't look at talented and his intangibles isn't fuego either.

Only on the Squawk is it an argument to say Prince won't be a star, just a nice player in the future. A two way player. 

His tools are not impressive. 

His wingspan is 7ft. Nothing out of this mind for a wing. His work ethic isn't Jimmy Butler, he values his free time. While I think he can be good, like Jeff Teague good, I don't see special, like Paul George or Leonard special

I like Prince, and I pull for him to succeed.  However, he is turning out to be a younger Sefolosha, although not quite the defender that Sefolosha is.  Maybe he'll get a lot better in time, but right now I'm trying to figure out why everyone complains about the offensive play of Bazemore, Sefolosha, et al, but no one brings up how completely ineffective Prince is on offense.  I hope he can someday prove me to be wrong, because as I said, I like him as a player.

49 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I like Prince, and I pull for him to succeed.  However, he is turning out to be a younger Sefolosha, although not quite the defender that Sefolosha is.  Maybe he'll get a lot better in time, but right now I'm trying to figure out why everyone complains about the offensive play of Bazemore, Sefolosha, et al, but no one brings up how completely ineffective Prince is on offense.  I hope he can someday prove me to be wrong, because as I said, I like him as a player.

This hot take is the worst. You can't evaluate someone that hasn't played much. I don't see star potential in Prince but like I've said already for the second time, the opinion on him here by the naysaysers will shift by midway through next season.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This hot take is the worst. You can't evaluate someone that hasn't played much. I don't see star potential in Prince but like I've said already for the second time, the opinion on him here by the naysaysers will shift by midway through next season.

I hope you're right.  Maybe we can finally get someone who can hit a layup one day.

15 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

He flashes the defensive and passing ability to be Iggy level I think if he pulls everything together. Needs to get his shot together, he's got a hitch in his shot (I'm so tired of wings that can't shoot, lol).

His shot is fine lol. He had a solid-good percentage in college.

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

I can give you 15.7 million reasons why people complain about Baze.

Thabo has always been known for his defense not offense. It's the pairing ot Baze and Thabo that compounds the issue.

Prince is a rookie who barely saw the floor for much of the season and now that games matter and he's getting to play because of injuries he's behind the learning curve, struggling with execution because he hasn't played much. Why complain about rookie mistakes, they are expected.

He eerily looks like what Duck Butt was the last few seasons with the Hawks. They both will have monster games flashing star potential but become the decent role players they truly are. 

Won't give a final opinion on TP until he has a solidified role. 

12 hours ago, Kimsey said:

Won't give a final opinion on TP until he has a solidified role. 

Really depends more on if Bud is accepting Baze works ok as a backup/utlitiy guy at the swing with reduced minutes. Baze is having some better games here and there but Prince needs his catchup time now, as many minutes as possible I would think and Tim certainly needs more minutes than Baze..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

That's what educated people call it...but it'll always be ketchup to me.

#hereallweektipyourwaitresses

Great way to ruin a burger, according to Food Channel, Travel Channel, etc...

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Great way to ruin a burger, according to Food Channel, Travel Channel, etc...

You can enjoy a burger without ketchup but ruin it?  I don't think so.

Prince will be A OK.

As he gets stronger he'll be able to finish through contact at the rim. He gets to the rim farely easily, it's the finishing that he's struggling with. It's a smooth enough motion, not hawkward looking like Baze or Thabo.

On 4/3/2017 at 1:18 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

The only person who thought Kawhi would be this good was Gregg Popo...He said Kawhi would be the face of the franchise after Timmy.

I don't know what Prince will turn out to be but the sample size is too small to say definitively what he won't be.  

Think about how much better he would be if he played meaningful minutes to begin the season instead of being relegated to bench duty.  The defensive miscues, end of games situations etc, might be less.

Sorry but pop said himself that bud was the most outspoken individual that influenced the Spurs to move up for Leonard. Said it himself that Kwahi being drafted was all buds idea and gave him the most credit for Leonard's addition to the team...saw and heard him say this in an interview. If I can find the video I will post.

• Like 2