• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A couple of questions......

HawkItus

1.  Are D12 and Sap compatible in any system?

2.  Is Prince able to play the 4?

3.  Defensively is THJ a WARP positive starting 2 for a season?

4.  Would Dennis become the defacto leader of this team should Sap leave?

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

1. Yes.  They are fine in this system

2. I'd keep him as a 3 for maximum impact.  that's where his size advantage is

3. don't know

4. yes 

Here's some of the things that have to happen this summer.   Ideally of course we'd make a big trade but these are the easy things that should and can happen.

- get rid of thabo and humphries and moose -  they are good guys to have around but it's been too long.  oh and of course dunleavey has to go.

- let hardaway walk if he gets a big offer.   I like Tim a lot but we just can't invest big money in 2 guards who can't shoot consistently

- sign Ersan.  If Paul is re-signed then he's a fantastic backup.  If not he can start while we re-build

- sign some 3 point shooters in free agency.   

- sign Mike Scott for a one year deal.  why not?  

Ok the last one isn't that serious but the rest are things that need to happen.   Now there are decisions to make of course regarding Sap, Baze, Howard, trades etc.   But regardless of those things the above has to happen.   

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

1.  I think they can work together but Dwight will have problems in any system without good shooting around him.

2.  Yes.  I think he is capable of playing small ball PF.  I don't think he is capable of being a full-time PF but can definitely play minutes there.

3.  No.  THJr remains a subpar defender but has improved very significantly since he came here as one of the worst defenders in the entire NBA.  He is now adequate on defense and you can take that when his offense is producing like it did in the regular season.  I think THJr should be a WARP positive player at the 2 for a season but the defensive part of that equation will be more about trying to stay neutral for impact rather than being a plus.

4.  No doubt absent some big FA or draft star joining the team and seizing control.  He may become the de facto leader of the team even if Sap stays.  Point guards tend to assume leadership roles off the court given their instrumental role on the court.

• Like 2

Ok here is my issue with a no number 3.  We need scoring yes, but the type of scorer we have in THJ does not create the foul issues other scorers who aren't defenders create through there play.  It makes things difficult.  If he got 25 and put your starting 2 in foul trouble I could live with the defense.  

• Like 1

1. No. I've already explained this in other threads but Paul has everything that a PF needs to have to play with Dwight except for shooting because he's lost his shot (and before we begin, he lost his shot before this year). And no, a good mid range shot is not enough for it to work, it still has everything cramped together with the actions in offense.
2. Not full time but as a small ball 4.
3. No because his defense still isn't good.
4. He will probably become the leader anyway soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

1. Yes

2. Definitely yes, in a small ball lineup

3. Regular season: Yes . . . Playoffs:  ehhhhhhh ( definitely wasn't this season )

4. Yes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawkItus said:

1.  Yes 

2.  No

3.  I don't know what a WARP is, but defensively he is awful

4.  Yes, but only by default.  Not because he has earned it or had the leadership trait

• Like 1

1. No comment

2. Only against bad teams who go small

3. No, he doesn't steal and change shots enough.  Postionally and off the ball he's decent.  Should be the model for breaking even in that area.

4. I hope not.  Way too young and immature.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Alex said:

3.  I don't know what a WARP is, but defensively he is awful

The simple way of viewing that question is whether he will be better than average on defense.  It is looking at how he compares to a replacement player.

Just now, AHF said:

The simple way of viewing that question is whether he will be better than average on defense.  It is looking at how he compares to a replacement player.

Then my answer doesn't change.  No.  

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, HawkItus said:

1.  Definitely.  

2.  Probably, but him at the three is an answer. 

3. Don't know.  We have some needs as is.. this biggest is a shooter that is close to 40% from three.  That could be THJr but he has to work on that part of his game and get it consistent.  Defensively, I think if he puts fourth effort and we have a team game.. then yes.  People are down on our 2s because they got spanked byWall and Beal.   Damnit, that's Wall and Beal.  The other night, Isaiah Thomas got all the press because Boston won.  Nobody talked about the fact that Wall dropped 40 on the Celtics on 50% shooting.   That's who Wall is.. he makes buckets.. so to blame our guys because they couldn't stop him is CRAZY.

4.  Hope Not.  He's publickly questioned his coach.  He's missed team meetings.  He's missed the team bus.  It points to an immaturity. You put an immature guy into leadership and you're asking for turmoil.  On the floor, we expect him to be a floor general, but I would not be against getting a guy who can be a lockerroom leader for our team.  Above everything else, a leader has to have respect and doing the shenanigans that Dennis has already done off the court probably makes him less likely to lead. Bring in a surrogant guy like Avery Bradley and let him be the lockerroom guy.  (Fiction) we don't have the trade pieces... but if we had a guy like Bradley, he would fill a lot of  needs.