• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bam Adebayo

I think Bam will be a better NBA player than people give him credit for. If he was in the 2012 draft, he's a top 5 pick but since the NBA is moving from his style of big, he has slipped. 

His screens, athletic ability, length and ability to switch and guard smaller players gives him a lot of potential value if developed. I am not saying he's the next DeAndre Jordan but I think his lower floor to high ceiling makes him intriguing from 15-30. In the right system, could play early. He's my DeJonte Murray of this draft. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think Bam will be a better NBA player than people give him credit for. If he was in the 2012 draft, he's a top 5 pick but since the NBA is moving from his style of big, he has slipped. 

His screens, athletic ability, length and ability to switch and guard smaller players gives him a lot of potential value if developed. I am not saying he's the next DeAndre Jordan but I think his lower floor to high ceiling makes him intriguing from 15-30. In the right system, could play early. He's my DeJonte Murray of this draft. 

There's something more physical to him that my earlier comparison of a combo of Biyombo and Ibaka..Bam looks like an angry Biyombo, which I love. I don't think he needs to much time to develop. Some guys you just look at and they are ready to ball..whether they are 19 or 22 years of age.

Dejounte is a good comparison. I just hope Bam doesn't fall past pick 25 or 26 cuz then ur looking at a team that's already good get better...and that takes us right back to Dejounte.

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I watched plenty of Kentucky basketball this pass year and this is one of my favorite things about Bam! His ability to switch and guard smaller players with his athleticism and strength is really amazing and due to that he fits right in with the type of bigs you want defensively today that can impact games like Tristian and Draymond except he has more size than them and is better built.

I want a scorer but I also want a player that I know can be our rebounding machine for years to come when Howard moves on. Also Bams offense ability isn't completely broken, he doesn't have post moves but he also doesn't have a broken solid 12 or 13 footer.

Personally I believe Bam will be better than Deandre Jordan and Howard in this era of the NBA. Jordan and Howard can't switch out an effectively guard smaller players like Tristian and Draymond....Bam has that kind of potential in his game in my opinion along with a jumper that can be fixed.

• Like 2

Yeah, guys his size that can actually move well really are rare. As far as offense like many have said we need to improve dramatically from the swing with those threes first. Getting a big that Bud can mold and use would be my first pick no matter what other quality players at other positions are available. Bam is a strong possibility for us. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, guys his size that can actually move well really are rare. As far as offense like many have said we need to improve dramatically from the swing first. Getting a big that Bud can mold and use would be my first pick no matter what other quality players at other positions are available. Bam is a strong possibility for us. 

Agreed man! I'm one of the biggest advocates around the squawk about saying we need a scorer! And we certainly do but a guy like Bam falls to us you have to draft this kid though he won't fix your scoring issues he fulfills other parts of the game at high levels. 

And bud will be able to mold him like you said. He'll be one hell of a rim runner and finisher from day one under bud that's for sure. But watching plenty of Kentucky basketball i believe his offense is still unpredictable, he was a team first guy setting up monk and the other kid the majority of the time. I believe he may have some untapped offense that wasn't completely looked into at Kentucky similar to Towns.

• Like 1

At this moment in time nbadraft.net has him going at eighteen to the Pacers. Will be interesting to see this draft through. Everyone wondering where we actually will be picking, without a GM who can really gauge? Nice to have our options right now though. 

5 hours ago, JTB said:

I watched plenty of Kentucky basketball this pass year and this is one of my favorite things about Bam! His ability to switch and guard smaller players with his athleticism and strength is really amazing and due to that he fits right in with the type of bigs you want defensively today that can impact games like Tristian and Draymond except he has more size than them and is better built.

I want a scorer but I also want a player that I know can be our rebounding machine for years to come when Howard moves on. Also Bams offense ability isn't completely broken, he doesn't have post moves but he also doesn't have a broken solid 12 or 13 footer.

Personally I believe Bam will be better than Deandre Jordan and Howard in this era of the NBA. Jordan and Howard can't switch out an effectively guard smaller players like Tristian and Draymond....Bam has that kind of potential in his game in my opinion along with a jumper that can be fixed.

If that were the case, he'd be an undisputed top 10 pick.

• Like 1

Something about this kid I really like...another lil mock draft piece...this one has him at #22 to the Nets..

22. Brooklyn Nets: Bam Adebayo (Kentucky, C, Freshman)

Adebayo is raw, but his size and athleticism make him an intriguing heir apparent to Brook Lopez (and one with a lot more defensive potential).

Imagine if we got Bam at 19...Diallo at 31....that would be the signal that we are tearing it down and fast. Lol.

I already explained how I'd like to go in the draft. Upside first and then a relatively safe guy.

Bam just....rubs me wrong though. Like I think with other recent UK players there might be some upside that was hidden just because of what Cal does (Booker NEVER did any of what he's doing in the NBA at UK, KAT could shoot threes but Cal hid that at UK, Cal saying he's going to take Bam to practice threes sometime during the tournament) but I'm not sure. Like, with the way Cal operates you have to also look at their top prospects' AAU and high school tape before just immediately drawing a conclusion on them.

I wouldn't be excited by taking him but I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in the NBA doing things that he never did at UK just like some recent prospects from there.

Edited by Lurker

On 5/16/2017 at 10:37 PM, NBASupes said:

He reminds me of Tristan Thompson a good bit.

55 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I don't think he has the shooting to match Davis 

Not yet...but we have BUD! He works wonders with shooting!