• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Happy Lotto Day!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

It's that moment we Hawks fans never have to wait for!

Who is everybody pulling for tonight? Of course, I'm always hoping for a screwjob for the Selltix and Flakers.

My top three rooting interests...

* Phoenix (#2) - The Suns never seem to catch a break at lottery time. They haven't moved up in the lottery since 1987, although for many years it was for the same reasons as our latter-day Hawks. Even before the lottery, they lost a coin flip in 1969 for the top pick to Milwaukee, settling for Neal Walk in the draft while the Bucks got Lew Alcindor and an eventual NBA title. Sitting at #2, there's no better time than the present to move up a notch. Guard-heavy picks at the top probably means Eric Bledsoe goes bye-bye.

* Sacramento (#8, #10) - Not only because it's probable they'll screw it up somehow. Even if they don't... Lavar and Vlade? Please let this happen. Pick #8 is top-10 protected (Deng/Hickson 3-way trade nobody remembers) or else it goes back to Chicago, and we don't want that. The Kings keep #8 so long as three teams lower than them in the Lotto rankings don't jump up. They could also wind up swapping with Philly (Stauskas deal) if their pick finishes above the Sixers', and nobody wants to see that, either. Pick #10 goes back to New Orleans if it jumps up to Top 3. If the Kings manage to keep both picks, they may get cute with the wheeling and dealing come draft time.

* Denver (#13) - The Nuggets, like the Suns, have never gotten a Lottery Bump. Even in 2003, they dropped from #2 and #3, and only the mercy of Joe Dumars saved them from settling for Darko Milicic, instead of Carmelo Anthony. Gary Harris will be there for the lottery draw tonight and is looking for a backcourt mate: is it possible to shove Emmanuel Mudiay any further down the depth chart?

~lw3

I'm with you lw3! I thought about having Minny slide into the top 3 but that could effect our pick next year negatively...I want them to finish with the 15th worst record...plus Minny already won in twice recently..or once I guess but they got Wiggins and Kat out of it as #1's..

Suns

Sac

Nuggets

if I haaaad to pick 2 other teams to crack the top 3...Minny and Mavs...

NO CELTS

NO LAKERS

NO SIXERS

NO MAGIC

• Moderators

Silver Linings Playbook: None of the Hawks division opponents (Charlotte, Orlando, Miami) got a bump. And the Magic don't get the Lakers' 2019 1st rounder.

~lw3

Celtics and Lakers! Two franchises that really needed the luck! ;-)

~lw3

• Admin

Bah... ugh .. I hate the Celtics and Lakers ... hmm still think it's rigged

biggest losers tonight is Philly and of course Brooklyn (worst trade in history)

Philly ended up with the fifth pick ... not only did they have to waste their Sac swap this year but they also lost out on Lakers pick.

• Admin
2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

A random Migos-flavored reaction from the Twittersphere...

~lw3

Ironic ... I guess he really doesn't realize that Sac was helped by the situation and in the grand scheme Philly really had the worst possible night

• Like 1