• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Name That Hawks Draft... Trade Acquisition!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

You're close! No, not THAT Atlanta Hawk surnamed Williams who was arrested for kidnapping! lol

~lw3

Just now, lethalweapon3 said:

You're close! No, not THAT Atlanta Hawk surnamed Williams who was arrested for kidnapping! lol

~lw3

Oh, ok a different former Hawk surnamed Williams who was arrested for kidnapping ..

And @Spud2Nique, I'm that kid in the class who points out the typo in the questions

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Oh, ok a different former Hawk surnamed Williams who was arrested for kidnapping ..

And @Spud2Nique, I'm that kid in the class who points out the typo in the questions

I'll see you at recess behind the baseball diamond...#knuckleupanytime lol

• Moderators

ZSSCQCYGPRDIFLH.20050103235359.jpg

Hint #16: No, Marvin wasn't the team mascot. But Marv and this guy both came of age within minutes (albeit many years) of each other. Eventually became a girls high school coach, and helped prep the former Tallest Man in Canada for the NBA Draft.

~lw3

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

a2d746c95a3bed4957e273732f06f27c.jpg

Hint #9: One of these two Gulls. (BONUSES: name the Draft year when we acquired him via trade, and the future NBA head coach we traded away to get him)

~lw3

Lol...that's my old avatar! 1985? Future head coach..hmmm..that's a tough one I know it's not Randy. Dang it! Stumped!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...that's my old avatar! 1985? Future head coach..hmmm..that's a tough one I know it's not Randy. Dang it! Stumped!

Not quite, but good guess on Randy! The Wittless One was shipped out as part of the 1988 trade to get Theus. This other "future coach" departed the Hawks several years after that, and like the answer to this question, had TWO separate stints in a Hawks uniform.

~lw3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

a2d746c95a3bed4957e273732f06f27c.jpg

Hint #9: One of these two Gulls. (BONUSES: name the Draft year when we acquired him via trade, and the future NBA head coach we traded away to get him)

~lw3

This reminds me of why i wore Ponys as a kid.  I'd forgotten.   85/doc

• Moderators
Just now, macdaddy said:

Wasn't he called El gigante or something?  Didn't he end up wrestling?

Yes, and I'll never forgive Vince McMahon for what he did with his "character" during the Raw/Nitro Monday Night Wars, once he pried him free from Ted's grasp. Dusty Rhodes in yellow polka-dots was bad enough of a sight!

~lw3

• Moderators

sc8dec48ab8.jpgCroppedImage180320-ken-norman-26149.jpg?

Hint #18: Once recalled, after being picked near the bottom of the 1st round, "I cried my eyes out all night, and I'll never forget those guys picked ahead of me." Getting stuck playing for Sterling's Clippers would induce tears for anyone, too. Bought a house back near his hometown after his rookie year; when he retired from the NBA, he built a 7.000 square foot "castle" AROUND the older home. He doesn't live in the vacant mansion today, although it's unknown whether the activities above had anything to do with that.

~lw3